Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD

Go down 
+3
Archduke
Bluenose
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD Empty
PostSubject: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:51 pm

EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD Denial_answer_2_xlarge

Quote :
EA never expected Battlefield 3 to outsell Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. No, they had more realistic goals.

The BF3 publisher went on record many times saying they only wanted to steal some market share away from Activision's reigning FPS king. And now that both shooters have been available for over a month, EA boss Peter Moore believes EA reached their goal. Here's what he told IndustryGamers:

"Two entities have benefited from Call of Duty and Battlefield being on the market: gamers and the industry (retailers and people who rely on the ability to sell big blockbuster games). Together we've grown the genre enormously. 10 million [copies of Battlefield 3] sold in and 5 million sold through doesn't come out of nowhere--if we haven't gained share, that means in the first week we've added 5 million new FPS gamers.

I think when the dust fully settles, maybe when we're looking at this at the end of our fiscal year (March 31, 2012) we'll do an analysis and I think we will have taken share. I don't think there's any doubt about that, unless everything BF3 sells is just incremental."

BF3 has no hope of outselling MW3 but in the long run, if EA did indeed steal a few fans away from CoD, that's a victory in their eyes. At the very least, it's clear that both games in question are wildly successful, and the FPS genre continues to be one of the most popular categories in the industry.

Just don't forget that other games with names like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations have sold well, too.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Added 5 million fragheads that is. I really hope next gen isn't centered on this FPS shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Somehow, I doubt it. MW3 sold more than its predecessors did. It made over $750 Million is just Five Days, breaking every sales record in history.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:43 pm

I don't see how or why fragheads can't buy both games. I don't think they stole market share, but it did help battlefield's popularity.

Both games are a bit overrated, but fun to play nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
TrollDiggity
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : -1

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:48 pm

LOL Skyrim stole more of a CoD market than BF. Almost every single CoD player I know owned/played Skyrim and likes it. EA is in denial.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 pm

TrollDiggity wrote:
LOL Skyrim stole more of a CoD market than BF. Almost every single CoD player I know owned/played Skyrim and likes it. EA is in denial.

?

Do you not understand what is meant by the "COD marketshare." COD and Skyrim are nothing alike and therefore don't compete each other for marketshare. In other words, they can co-exist. Sure a lot of people who play COD also have played Skyrim but that doesn't mean they'll stop buying COD games, because both Skyrim and COD provide totally different experiences.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Maybe, maybe not. I think the market has once again expanded this year and will continue to expand as the industry grows.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:09 am

Maybe, maybe not, maybe fuck yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD   EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA Believes BF3 Stole Market Share Away From CoD
Page 1 of 1