Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360

Go down 
+9
Chobo
Stigma
Stoney
Mr Canai Spy
NoelX2
Archduke
Bluenose
Orion
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 am

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 Titanf10

Quote :
Respawn Entertainment’s title in the works with EA is called Titanfall, per the July Game Informer, which is available through Google Play.

Brought to the Internet’s attention by a NeoGAF user, Titanfall is slated for PC and Xbox One, with an Xbox 360 version “being developed by someone else,” – this last bit was rumored back in April.

According to bits from the article, the FPS isn’t coming to PlayStation platforms due to the small team at the studio, and it and wanted to focus on creating “the best possible product.”

“Not to say we won’t [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could,” said the firm.

It also apparently uses the cloud “a bunch” for dedicated servers as well as physics and AI calculations. It will also make use of Smartglass integration, contains “some level of” Kinect support, a campaign multiplayer mode, regular multiplayer mode, and a single-player mode that hasn’t been revealed yet.

The game will apparently “blur the line between competitive multiplayer and single player.”

The cover, which you can see through the links and below, shows a lady standing on what appears to be a large mech of sorts, shooting it.

Back in April rumors stated the game would be exclusive to Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It is also supposedly a multiplayer-focused shooter with no offline mode – thus the line above regarding use of the cloud. This has all been confirmed through the article in Game Informer.

Matches are said to support up to 16 players as well as AI-controlled enemies, such as Titans – giant exoskeletons described as quite agile – basically the mech-looking thing on the cover. Battles were described as “David vs Goliath” scenarios. Humans are called pilots, and the mechs, obviously, Titans.

These can be player controlled or commanded to guard an area or follow players around.

Only a certain number of these mechs can be brought onto each map, and infantry have the equipment needed to take one down if necessary.

Pilots have various weapons at their disposal, and Respawn went for a “District 9 or Blade Runner vibe” with the game.

Rumors from April also stated the game uses the Source Engine – and according to the article this is true because building a new engine would have “taken too much time.”

The article also discusses the formation of the studio and a bit on its firing from Activision.

GI also asked if Xbox One’s 5GB of GDDR3 RAM available to developer was an issue compared to PS4 and its 8GB DDR5 available to developers. GI said what Xbox One lacks in RAM, it makes up for it in cloud computing.

The game will have “unlimited dedicated servers” which will offload “a few dozen AI” and game physics. The game would be “impossible without the cloud” and Respawn “wouldn’t have attempted it,” according to the GAF post on the article.

EA filed a trademark for the title back in April, and we fully expect the firm to reveal the game during its E3 conference on Monday.

Then again, with it coming to both Microsoft consoles, it could appear during its conference instead.

Titanfall is slated for a spring 2014 release.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 am

So basically a bunch of dried up cod fags made a shitty game?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 am

Multiplayer focused....

And so it begins.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Mixed feelings about this game. It could be both good or shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 am

It'z not on PS4 so it'z gunna B excloosive!!!!

But in all seriousness it looks like just another typical FPS, i'd first like to see what it'll do to stand out.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Am I the only one who thought that Titanfall looked meh.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Teckno wrote:
Am I the only one who thought that Titanfall looked meh.

Hang in there, I also agree with you. Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 2505020059
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm

The game looks really interesting, and that is saying much, because I'm don't find many FPS games interesting.

Wow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:15 pm

cool news, single player sucks
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:

Ban him, ban this infidel! Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 21888 Single player trumps MP by a long shot.

On topic, well, I had zero interest in the game, so I don't care in this instance. Looks mediocre.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Stoney wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

Ban him, ban this infidel! :revenge:Single player trumps MP by a long shot.

On topic, well, I had zero interest in the game, so I don't care in this instance. Looks mediocre.

Not every game should have single player. Cod players don't play the single player. It would just be a waste of time and resources making it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 am

Stoney wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

lol let me rephrase that single player fps campaigns suck balls
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:53 am

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

lol let me rephrase that single player fps campaigns suck balls

Well for the generic call of duty type of games, yea. There are still pretty amazing FPS campaigns out there.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 pm

So, are these guys planning on charging $29.99 for Titanfall? Seeing as it's MP only? Can't imagine any sane person paying $59.99 for a MP game.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Stoney wrote:
So, are these guys planning on charging $29.99 for Titanfall? Seeing as it's MP only? Can't imagine any sane person paying $59.99 for a MP game.

The millions of COD players would beg to differ. How many of them actually buy it for the Single player?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 am

Teckno wrote:
Stoney wrote:

The millions of COD players would beg to differ. How many of them actually buy it for the Single player?

Doesn't matter, it has a single player campaign, high production values for said campaign, Hollywood actors etc. Titanfall is MP ONLY.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 am

Game looks like a poor man's Resistance
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 am

Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Doesn't matter, it has a single player campaign, high production values for said campaign, Hollywood actors etc. Titanfall is MP ONLY.

Well I wouldn't be on it being $29.99 but $39.99.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:36 am

i really like the free running/ jumping elements.

might get a bit annoying though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 am

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 Titanf10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 pm

I don't get the draw of this game, it looks meh to me.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 pm

It looks interesting, but it's not nearly as good as people make it out to be. I'll probably get it for PC when the price goes down. Oh wait, it's Origin exclusive. Crap.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360   Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titanfall from Respawn coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next