Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Game of Thrones thread

Go down 
+7
RamboOnRedBull
Stoney
Pein
Fenrir
Bluenose
Orion
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:37 pm

I cried Sad

The Mountain died right? Looked like he died. If he didn't i hope he does. I hope Tywin and Cersei both fucking die. I hope Ramsay and Roose die. This show is so good but i'm close to rage quitting it due to all the fucking misery. If Tywin, Cersei, Roose or Ramsay don't die in a horrible way before season's end than i'm done.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Orion wrote:
I cried Sad

The Mountain died right? Looked like he died. If he didn't i hope he does. I hope Tywin and Cersei both fucking die. I hope Ramsay and Roose die. This show is so good but i'm close to rage quitting it due to all the fucking misery. If Tywin, Cersei, Roose or Ramsay don't die in a horrible way before season's end than i'm done.

spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Is it a book spoiler or a show spoiler?
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Orion wrote:
Is it a book spoiler or a show spoiler?
It's a spoiler about what you just said about whom you wished dead so...book
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:58 pm

ARE EYE PEE O-bizzy
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Ehhh don't really wanna see it but cheers anyway m8
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:30 pm

I was literally shaking, then I went to make a cup of coffee, then I was pacing up and down like a fucking oddball. The I sat down;

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 Black-and-white-cry-sad-sean-supernatural-Favim.com-232295

Does that nigga GRRM know I'm a human being with feelings?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:06 pm

I actually cried. First time over a character on screen. If there is not some justice by the end of this season, I'm not sure I could continue.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Stoney wrote:
I was literally shaking, then I went to make a cup of coffee, then I was pacing up and down like a fucking oddball. The I sat down;

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 Black-and-white-cry-sad-sean-supernatural-Favim.com-232295

Does that nigga GRRM know I'm a human being with feelings?

Pretty horrifying death I must say... and i loved Oberyn... Knowing his fate i was able to cushion the blow.

Feelings? your sadness is his playground, your tears the fountain which he frolics in.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Not as good as the last few episodes, was expecting some finality to the Wall VS Wildlings war
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 am

How would you finalise a war between 100 men v 100'000? I thought as a spectacle, it was just fantastic. So many stand out segments. My favourite part, Grenn and his men bracing for the giant in the tunnel, reciting their Night's Watch vow. Fantastic. "I'm a sword in the dark, I am the watcher on the Wall, the shield that protects the realms of men".
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:14 am

Yeah I thought it was great, but I was expecting something on a larger scale. I liked Blackwater better
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:16 am

Stoney wrote:
How would you finalise a war between 100 men v 100'000? I thought as a spectacle, it was just fantastic. So many stand out segments. My favourite part, Grenn and his men bracing for the giant in the tunnel, reciting their Night's Watch vow. Fantastic. "I'm a sword in the dark, I am the watcher on the Wall, the shield that protects the realms of men".

My favorite was DROP THE SCYTHE BOYS!! And Alliser vs Tormund Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:02 am

I am borrowing this Stoney

sigh...today is a sad day...
and I have once again figured out that reading the books doesn't even cushion the blows.
spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

So many fantastic scenes, so much to talk about, so little time! Gah! I'll just leave with what was probably my favourite scene, probably.

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 Girnzw

The adventures of Tyrion and Varys!!!!!! Two of my favourite characters!!!  Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 2505020059 Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 2505020059 Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 2505020059 
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Tywin was such a fucking wanker, thank fuck.
B-but the Hound.... Sad

I hope that dyke gets raped
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Orion wrote:
Tywin was such a fucking wanker, thank fuck.
B-but the Hound.... Sad

I hope that dyke gets raped
Grr...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:03 am

Game of Thrones season 5 will not be faithful to the books

Quote :
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter following last night's epic season finale, Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss say they're already looking towards Season 5. In particular, the duo touched on the question of whether their would be more changes from the source material. Said Weiss, "We try not to talk about what's coming in future seasons, especially while the current season is still airing. And when we're not even finished writing the future seasons. I should probably be doing that right now, actually. The books are the reason we're doing this, they're our road map, and they provide many or most of our destinations. But there are many ways to get to each destination, and some are more appropriate for our show than others, and I am totally losing the thread of this metaphor here, aren't I? Yup. No idea where I was going with that. Destination unknown." Coming to Weiss' rescue was Benioff, who addded, "While it's good to hear that those scenes were positively received by the fans, we've stayed away from the message boards and whatnot since season one. Did we mention those anti-anxiety pills? We have to make a show that succeeds on its own terms, and sometimes that means veering away from the books. Some people will be upset by that. Some people will like it. Obviously we hope for more of the latter, but if we ever write a scene (or avoid writing a scene) because we're afraid of pissing someone off, we're sunk. As for season five, we're still figuring out how we can afford everything we want to do. There are a few sequences that are absolutely terrifying from a production standpoint."

There were a number of scenes in last night's season finale that deviated from what George R. R. Martin originally scripted A Song of Ice and Fire and there entire scenes that were compeltely omitted. It seems that as the series gets closer and closer to catching up to GRRM, the more the showrunners are willing to alter the course from the roadmap the novels provide. It's a slippery slope that fans of AMC's The Walking Dead know all too well. When are changes made for the better and when do they serve some non story specific function like budget, screen time oblgiations and fandom feedback? It's a fine line that merits close examination as Weiss, Benioff and co. encroach upon A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:40 am

Mecha wrote:
Game of Thrones season 5 will not be faithful to the books

Quote :
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter following last night's epic season finale, Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss say they're already looking towards Season 5.  In particular, the duo touched on the question of whether their would be more changes from the source material.  Said Weiss, "We try not to talk about what's coming in future seasons, especially while the current season is still airing. And when we're not even finished writing the future seasons. I should probably be doing that right now, actually. The books are the reason we're doing this, they're our road map, and they provide many or most of our destinations. But there are many ways to get to each destination, and some are more appropriate for our show than others, and I am totally losing the thread of this metaphor here, aren't I? Yup. No idea where I was going with that. Destination unknown."  Coming to Weiss' rescue was Benioff, who addded, "While it's good to hear that those scenes were positively received by the fans, we've stayed away from the message boards and whatnot since season one. Did we mention those anti-anxiety pills? We have to make a show that succeeds on its own terms, and sometimes that means veering away from the books. Some people will be upset by that. Some people will like it. Obviously we hope for more of the latter, but if we ever write a scene (or avoid writing a scene) because we're afraid of pissing someone off, we're sunk. As for season five, we're still figuring out how we can afford everything we want to do. There are a few sequences that are absolutely terrifying from a production standpoint."  

There were a number of scenes in last night's season finale that deviated from what George R. R. Martin originally scripted A Song of Ice and Fire and there entire scenes that were compeltely omitted.  It seems that as the series gets closer and closer to catching up to GRRM, the more the showrunners are willing to alter the course from the roadmap the novels provide.  It's a slippery slope that fans of AMC's The Walking Dead know all too well.  When are changes made for the better and when do they serve some non story specific function like budget, screen time oblgiations and fandom feedback?  It's a fine line that merits close examination as Weiss, Benioff and co. encroach upon A Feast for Crows, and  A Dance with Dragons.

Source: Comic Book Movie

I don't blame them, the Book readers on ASoIaF Forum are the worst fanbase ever and they would most certainly hunt down GRRM. if David and Dan spoiled the book.
and i think it will be faithful, but like this season have some scenes that's not in the books.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:24 am

It's imperative that the deviate somewhat, as they have to think of the actors, example, I believe that Theon isn't in the third book, he doesn't make an appearance until book 4(??), now, imagine leaving one of the main cast members on the side lines for two years, he'd end doing something else and another major recast would happen.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:15 am

Stoney wrote:
It's imperative that the deviate somewhat, as they have to think of the actors, example, I believe that Theon isn't in the third book, he doesn't make an appearance until book 4(??), now, imagine leaving one of the main cast members on the side lines for two years, he'd end doing something else and another major recast would happen.
yeah, exactly, they mad theons scenes happen earlier with Ramsay torturing him, cause in the books its cut to black after book 2 then you see him in book 4 after being tortured.
there is alot of the stuff, for example Janos Slynt was away for 1 season, but what if he had some other work he had to do in that case they might have to recast him.

So i believe it's for the better.

but the ''hardcore book fans'' will most likley scream and kick and cry over it. they are seriously the worst fanbase ever.
during the first season they cried about wrong eyecolour and hairstyles.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:31 pm

The big HOLY FUCK moment that book readers wanted to see, my curiosity got the better of me, so I watched a video about it, and holy fuck indeed, it would have been awesome, but I understand why it didn't happen.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Stoney wrote:
The big HOLY FUCK moment that book readers wanted to see, my curiosity got the better of me, so I watched a video about it, and holy fuck indeed, it would have been awesome, but I understand why it didn't happen.

Spoiler:
It will I think, but not this season ofc.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 3:35 am

@Fenrir do I need to play Witcher 2 to understand Witcher 3? Or could I just read one of the books to catch up or whatever?
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Orion wrote:
@Fenrir do I need to play Witcher 2 to understand Witcher 3? Or could I just read one of the books to catch up or whatever?
Witcher 3 will be a game that you can just jump in. you don't need to play any of the previous games they have made the game so it will be easy to jump in.
However I recommend playing Witcher 2 cause it's the best linear story driven RPG ever in my opinion and in some ways i prefer it over Skyrim.

you can read the books if you wan't to get a deeper look on the characters before the game take place. but I have only read the 3 Witcher comics (house of glass) (5 total will release soon so there is 2 left) and I am fine without having read the books, because the translations are really bad for like 3 of 7 books.

On topic:
I am hoping for some more Ramsay and Roose scenes in the next season and more Greyjoy family scenes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones thread   Game of Thrones thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next