Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please stop it

Go down 
+15
Franko
DaSingh
ghost23
Pickles1337
Pein
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
ArchAngel
Mecha
Bluenose
2Sugoi2Die
Orc
Stigma
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Please stop it - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Please stop it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 pm

FFXIII was a grind-fest because it forced you to grind. And don't tell me they didn't Westernize it. They added a black guy for Christ's sake. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 pm

TRF wrote:
FFXIII was a grind-fest because it forced you to grind. And don't tell me they didn't Westernize it. They added a black guy for Christ's sake. Razz

Ah yes, the token black guy, but they've started adding black guys in anime and other games in the last couple of years too so that doesn't count. I'm pretty sure MegaTen games will too, someday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:24 am

THEY ARE EATING BANANA'S IN A BATHTUB WHILE WEARING CAT EARS.....
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Ah yes, the token black guy, but they've started adding black guys in anime and other games in the last couple of years too so that doesn't count. I'm pretty sure MegaTen games will too, someday.
It doesn't count because I was joking . . . eh, nevermind.

FFXIII did show signs of being Westernized. Not completely, but Squenix did Westernize it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 pm

I think people are always trying to find excuses for why FFXIII wasn't that great.

"They westernized it!!!!"

-- Rightttt. Most western RPGs I play are alot less linear. Hell, Fable was a sandbox RPG. If their goal was to truely westernize FFXIII then we would have seen alot more steamlining of RPG features instead of them being removed completely.

"It sucked because it went multiplatform"

-- I would hardly call it a multiplatform game. They developed FFXIII as if it was a PS3 exclusive and didn't start the porting process until AFTER the PS3 version was finished (their words, not mine). The game nearly filled up a dual-layered Blu-ray disc on PS3, so it's not like they had the 360's DVD limitation in mind while developing the game. And guess what most of the data was? There was 32 GB of FMVs and only 6 GB of actual game content. It's not that they were limited on resources, it was that they used those resources for something entirely different than what most FF fans had in mind. They cared more about pretty visuals than creating a decent RPG.

"It was linear because they wanted to focus on the story"

--Previous FF games didn't have to remove all of the RPG features out in order to deliver a great story. Okay, I understand that sandbox games have a harder time delivering an engrossing story but FFXIII took it too far. Hell even fucking COD sometimes felt less linear than FFXIII did.

These excuses are nothing but a sorry attempt at damage control. Instead of trying to blame it on other things beyond Square Enix's control maybe the hard truth is that the game itself was bad? Ahh fuck it. It's easier to blame it on the Western Hemisphere and it's westernized console.

Only thing that FFXIII did right was not try to sell their game with sex, like the OP had been saying.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Alan, you're talking about a full-on Westernization. They didn't Westernize every aspect of the game.

I think it's worth mentioning, though, that many WRPGs do have linear dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Please someone give me a list of WPRGs that are linear.

Most of the MegaTen/Final Fantasy games are linear. Go from point A to point B. And what does "combat on the fly" mean? You can beat games like Fallout or the Elder Scrolls without ever having to kill anything and you're talking half the game in Mass Effect.

I'll take Digital Devil Saga 2 for example. Some of the bosses are hard as fucking hell, especially if you're playing on hard. They take a lot of strategy. The game is still linear though.

Most of the FF games are linear? Are you serious?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Most of the MegaTen/Final Fantasy games are linear. Go from point A to point B. And what does "combat on the fly" mean? You can beat games like Fallout or the Elder Scrolls without ever having to kill anything and you're talking half the game in Mass Effect.

I'll take Digital Devil Saga 2 for example. Some of the bosses are hard as fucking hell, especially if you're playing on hard. They take a lot of strategy. The game is still linear though.

A bit off topic, but just asking if he is serious doesn't help your argument... giving facts to back it up would help.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

They're hardly free roam but yeah they aren't linear as such...
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Garry Glitter was here -_-
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah, that kind of annoys me. The only reason I got DeathSmiles was that it was the only CAVE shmup at the time (Now I got like 3 with another 3 I need to pick up). As for Record of Agarest War, I only got it because it was a SRPG. I haven't even got to the scenes lol. And I dont have the naughty edition lol.
That a lil fucked up.
Oh and check out Cho Aniki if you dare. The PSP game if from Aksys.
And I'm from the forums and guess what they want? Gal Gun.
W...
T....
F....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:16 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Combat on the fly means that they're shoot this and use a power-up to hurt them. Not a whole lot of strategy to beating Mass Effect 2.

A lot of JRPG's I've played have been turn-based which encourages strategy and I wouldn't have been able to beat some bosses if I just attacked blindly.

Especially the second boss in Lost Odyssey. What an asshole.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Combat on the fly means that they're shoot this and use a power-up to hurt them. Not a whole lot of strategy to beating Mass Effect 2.

A lot of JRPG's I've played have been turn-based which encourages strategy and I wouldn't have been able to beat some bosses if I just attacked blindly.

I hated that boss. It took me months to beat it.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:36 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I hated that boss. It took me months to beat it.

i can't beat that boss yet and i still have the game since september last year
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

A bit off topic, but just asking if he is serious doesn't help your argument... giving facts to back it up would help.

If you played any FF game before XII you'd know that the games are fairly open...
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:46 pm

If I want to play a game with stratagy, ill play an RTS.Not an RPG damnit

Starcraft requires stratagy.FF doesnt.i just button mash the attack option a hundred times and eventually ill win
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Zeratul wrote:

Starcraft requires stratagy.FF doesnt.i just button mash the attack option a hundred times and eventually ill win

Not with alot of bosses. It takes some sort of mental effort to get through an FF game if you have ever even played one before.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Please stop it - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Zeratul wrote:

FFXIII doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Sonji wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

If you played any FF game before XII you'd know that the games are fairly open...

Just saying, he might not know that. Just helping you win the argument, bro Razz
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am

This is one of the reasons I dont play Japanese games...
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Please stop it - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 am

TRF wrote:
a. FFXIII was a grind-fest because it forced you to grind. c.And don't tell me they didn't Westernize it. b.They added a black guy for Christ's sake. Razz
a. I bet FFXIII without grinding once. It is impossible to grind your characters to the max until you beat the last boss.
b. There is a black guy in FFVII and other characters that have different nationalities. (Looking at character appearance and back story etc).
c. Maybe they wanted to make an entry point to new players of Final Fantasy. Thats what I think but who knows what goes inside Square Enix head.

Final Fantasy does have a lot of linear parts since most of it is going from A to B and there wasn't a reason to go back to towns or whatever (Unless it is part of the story). The games start to open up untill you reach a certain point (airship most likely) where going back to certain areas and stuff that didn't seem important at the time now becomes VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

The most open FF game is Final Fantasy XII.

Last edited by Padders on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm

I love shmups but they are being paedish. A tranny and a 7 year old in DS2? Ok then.
I love how the 2 DeathSmiles games got over here while Dodonpachi havent even seen a US release. Please stop it - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Padders wrote:
TRF wrote:
a. FFXIII was a grind-fest because it forced you to grind. c.And don't tell me they didn't Westernize it. b.They added a black guy for Christ's sake. Razz
a. I bet FFXIII without grinding once. It is impossible to grind your characters to the max until you beat the last boss.
b. There is a black guy in FFVII and other characters that have different nationalities. (Looking at character appearance and back story etc).
c. Maybe they wanted to make an entry point to new players of Final Fantasy. Thats what I think but who knows what goes inside Square Enix head.

Final Fantasy does have a lot of linear parts since most of it is going from A to B and there wasn't a reason to go back to towns or whatever (Unless it is part of the story). The games start to open up untill you reach a certain point (airship most likely) where going back to certain areas and stuff that didn't seem important at the time now becomes VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

The most open FF game is Final Fantasy XII.
I personally think they were trying to appeal to the lowest-common denominator, but don't take that as me saying I dislike it. I loved the game. And I don't even know why I called it a grind-fest. The Crystallarium prevents you from grinding to level up. My bad.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 pm

The game was garbage Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Alanski wrote:
The game was garbage Razz
Hell no. Game was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please stop it
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next