Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please stop it

Go down 
+15
Franko
DaSingh
ghost23
Pickles1337
Pein
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
ArchAngel
Mecha
Bluenose
2Sugoi2Die
Orc
Stigma
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:31 am

You know it's funny, up until about 5 years ago Japanese developers were the best. Especially when it came to RPGs. I don't even need to list games, it's a proven fact.

With exception of a few games like MegaTen, VC, Blazblue, and a few others most have gone to the point where they rely on marketing scams and try to sell sex. They gameplay in many recent Japanese games is average at best so they sex it up by showing a lot of skin, have wiggling tits, and all that crap. I think Atlus is falling down the same path too with Catherine. Some of my favorite Japanese Devs and Pubs are Atlus, Aksys, Square-Enix, Nintendo, and Konami. Nintendo and Atlus are doing okay so far, but SE and Konami have been really sucking when it comes to games recently. I've always thought Aksys was pushing it with these girly SHMUMPS but now they've gone over the edge.

Behold a screenshot of Aksys' upcoming game, Record of Agarest War Zero
Please stop it Crappy10
No, THIS IS FUCKING REAL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv0oMeeVnCI&feature=player_embedded
Please stop it 1443829230 Please stop it 1443829230 Please stop it 1443829230 wtf?
I thought it was funny at first at how they be trolling Atlus (Aksys was formed by former Atlus employees), until I looked at the comment sections.

Comment from one of the highest rated posters
Quote :
YOU ARE AMAZING

YOU ARE GOD

YOU ARE ABOVE GOD

YOU ARE ABOVE ATLUS

PEOPLE EAT THIS SHIT UP. So yeah, Japanese devs aren't going to make games as good as they used to, but they could at least have the decency to TRY and make their games good. Can't say I'm surprised though, it's because of these fat fucking weaboo gamers that some devs are just making crap like this. They might as well just start making interactive hentai if they keep this up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:37 am

....................Why are they doing this to japan.... Anime and japanese games used to be top quality and now....They are eating banana's in a bathtub while wearing cat ears...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:15 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
....................Why are they doing this to japan.... Anime and japanese games used to be top quality and now....They are eating banana's in a bathtub while wearing cat ears...

it's epic fail. Seriously epic fail.

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Please stop it StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:19 am

Yeah those niche type JRPG really gone downhill.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Please stop it Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:29 am

Why the fuck?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Please stop it R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:50 am

I see nothing wrong with the pic. It's just two girls on the tub eating a banana.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:55 am

Well, japanse culture is very sexual orientated.Dating sims down there are like FPS's up here.In japan, they even have problems with dudes groping other women on a subway bus.

I never liked JRPG's anyways.Im not a huge fan of turn based combat, its way to slow and boring.

But that argesrest of war game was seriously messed up.

See, the japs make crappy games called JRPG's, while we make games like Mass Effect(which has a better story than ANY FF game btw) and TES
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:01 am

Zeratul wrote:
Well, japanse culture is very sexual orientated.Dating sims down there are like FPS's up here.In japan, they even have problems with dudes groping other women on a subway bus.

I never liked JRPG's anyways.Im not a huge fan of turn based combat, its way to slow and boring.

See, the japs make crappy games called JRPG's, while we make games like Mass Effect(which has a better story than ANY FF game btw) and TES

Funny.... Chances are, both of those franchises were influenced by some of the greatest RPG's of all time..... JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 am

Sonji wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Funny.... Chances are, both of those franchises were influenced by some of the greatest RPG's of all time..... JRPGs.

Every game is influenced by another, that really isn't a good point.

And I never found JRPG's to be fun really, either.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Chrono Trigger? Earthbound? Pokemanz?

USERIUS BRO?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:59 am

Sonji wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Chrono Trigger? Earthbound? Pokemanz?

USERIUS BRO?

Pokemon is an exception. But every other one I have tried, like FF, was boring.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Hmm

While bathing there is no time to increase potassium intake. That pic does look a bit suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Please stop it XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:47 pm

I heard Catherine was pretty good, but how is Japan much different than the U.S. and Europe?

We try and sell massive amounts of violence in our games. Look at Gears of War. A great game, yes, but it stands out because of its practically unparalleled amount of violence. The same goes for Mortal Kombat.

Hell, we even sell sex. Look at Mass Effect. Don't tell me those chicks are voluptuous, curvy, and in tight leather gear because it helps push the story forward. In Dragon Age, Morrigan's cans aren't designed for effective storytelling.

The only difference is that we're a little less obvious about it.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:15 pm

yknow..that pic ain't that bad >_>

Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:12 pm

TRF wrote:
I heard Catherine was pretty good, but how is Japan much different than the U.S. and Europe?

We try and sell massive amounts of violence in our games. Look at Gears of War. A great game, yes, but it stands out because of its practically unparalleled amount of violence. The same goes for Mortal Kombat.

Hell, we even sell sex. Look at Mass Effect. Don't tell me those chicks are voluptuous, curvy, and in tight leather gear because it helps push the story forward. In Dragon Age, Morrigan's cans aren't designed for effective storytelling.

Good point.

I always disagreed when Japan are labeled as sex fiends(well maybe they are a little bit).

It makes me sad that Japan gaming industry is going downhill(I know they have more important things to worry about) but their decline has been lasting years.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 pm

I've never gotten into JRPG's like some people, It just seems really boring to me and I think the biggest factor is the culture divide.
Back to top Go down
DaSingh
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : 0

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:14 pm

No one's laughing.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 pm

DaSingh wrote:
No one's laughing.

Banned.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Please stop it XidKdMN
New York

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
It makes me sad that Japan gaming industry is going downhill(I know they have more important things to worry about) but their decline has been lasting years.
The reason it's going downhill is because Japan is trying too hard to Westernize its games and instead should find a new identity within its own realm of innovation.

JRPG fans like these RPGs because of the Eastern touch added to it, so when you try and Westernize them like with Final Fantasy XIII, you're going to lose touch with a lot of fans. I like JRPGs, but I'm not hugely into them, which is why I liked Final Fantasy XIII. I know a lot of people who are hardcore JRPG fans that didn't.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 pm

TRF wrote:

Difference is, while Western developers make hot chicks with big tits, they still manage to make a game with great gameplay and a lot of depth. Sex appeal comes after that. With recent games like this they're putting fan service and sex appeal before actual gameplay. As for Catherine, I have no doubt the story will be good, but they're trying really hard to skank up Catherine to get sales. They've been teasing this game for like a year now with screenshots and seductive trailers, but didn't until this year show it's actually a puzzle game.

FFXIII wasn't "westernized" by the way, Square-Enix just fucking failed on so many levels. They tried to Westernize it but went backwards and ended up making a barebones JRPG instead.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Please stop it XidKdMN
New York

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Difference is, while Western developers make hot chicks with big tits, they still manage to make a game with great gameplay and a lot of depth. Sex appeal comes after that. With recent games like this they're putting fan service and sex appeal before actual gameplay. As for Catherine, I have no doubt the story will be good, but they're trying really hard to skank up Catherine to get sales. They've been teasing this game for like a year now with screenshots and seductive trailers, but didn't until this year show it's actually a puzzle game.

FFXIII wasn't "westernized" by the way, Square-Enix just fucking failed on so many levels. They tried to Westernize it but went backwards and ended up making a barebones JRPG instead.
They absolutely Westernized it. WRPG combat is more on-the-fly while JRPGs involve more strategy. FFXIII's combat was on-the-fly.

You don't see games like Tactics Ogre, Dissidia, Ys, etc. being overly sexual. They're great Japanese games. The ones that are overly sexualized are the ones that need to be because they aren't good in the first place. The same applies to the Western market. Many mediocre games rely on some sort of gimmick like extreme violence or some lame game mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:25 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Barebones JRPG? Are you serious? Linearity and JRPG are basically oxymorons.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Please someone give me a list of WPRGs that are linear.

Most of the MegaTen/Final Fantasy games are linear. Go from point A to point B. And what does "combat on the fly" mean? You can beat games like Fallout or the Elder Scrolls without ever having to kill anything and you're talking half the game in Mass Effect.

I'll take Digital Devil Saga 2 for example. Some of the bosses are hard as fucking hell, especially if you're playing on hard. They take a lot of strategy. The game is still linear though.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Please stop it XidKdMN
New York

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm

They didn't Westernize it by making it linear, they Westernized it by removing all of the strategy from the combat. WRPGs don't require nearly as much strategy as JRPGs often do.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:39 pm

TRF wrote:
They didn't Westernize it by making it linear, they Westernized it by removing all of the strategy from the combat. WRPGs don't require nearly as much strategy as JRPGs often do.

I wouldn't say modifying the combat counts as westernizing it. WRPGs are usually non-linear games with sometimes wide open maps with a lot of freedom to do what you want and a ton of side quests. JRPGs are usually pretty scripted like FFXIII was. Besides, WRPGs don't go to the whole battle scene animation thing that JRPGs do, and FFXIII basically had an Active Time Battle system, most WRPGs are action RPGs. FFXIII was NOT westernized.

FFXIII did require a lot of strategy, you never finished it, and neither have most people. The beginning of the game was easy, but gradually became harder. FFXIII I would say is one of the hardest Final Fantasy games yet. Lot harder than VII or X. The final boss was pretty challenging and had an attack that put you on critical health. You had to change classes literally ever 10 seconds. There were a few other pretty challenging bosses to. Like the totem pole dragon guy. Why do you think people call FFXIII a "grind fest"? Most people had to level as high as you could possible go to beat the bosses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Please stop it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop it   Please stop it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please stop it
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next