Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Go down 
+8
Bluenose
Chobo
Azazel
Niggest
Stoney
Mecha
Mikenuge
Orc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:50 am

So yesterday i was at Carls Junior, buying my regular Murrika burger with a side of freedom fries and a liberty shake. As i was standing in line, inhaling the intoxicating fumes of freedom and feeling the cold steel of my glock26's slide pressed up against my hip, i could not help but think, " i love america" and then proceed to hum the national anthem. Sadly, my patriotic euphoria was cut short by what can only be described as the sounds the angels make in the evangelion series.

It was Some cunt mom (probably librul) with her fucking monster of a 8-10 year old. This kid just wouldn't shut the fuck. Right off the bat, "WHY ARE WE HERE? I WANNA GO TO MCDONALDS, I WANT A TOYYYYY". Anyway, i get my food and sit down at a nice window seat. Unfortunately, the mom and her kid sat right next to me. I endured 10 minutes of the kid screaming, crying, and running around, while the mother literally does NOTHING. "h-honey, get back here. come on now baby, eat you food" that was her the entire time. I wanted to fucking strangle that kid, and rape his mother.

I was almost done with my food anyway, so i decide not too. BUT THEN. OH GOD THEN. The kid walks up to me and looks me straight in the eye, and blasts half a ketchup packet all over my jeans and one of my boots. My instincts kick in, and i snatch the ketchup packet from his hand. This causes the kid to immediately start crying and run to his mother.

Cunt mom:" DID YOU JUST TOUCH MY SON?" "HOW DARE YOU, BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Me: "HE JUST GOT KETCHUP ALL OVER ME!"

Cunt mom: "HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HES DOING, HE HAS AUTISM." "MUH AWWWWWWWWWTISM, BLAH BLAH."

Me: " OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY SOME ACTUAL PARENTING."

Cunt mom: "FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE"

Me: "FUCK YOU TOO, BITCH"

I then proceeded to grab the rest of my fries, do a 360, and storm out of the establishment.

So is it just me, or does every other fucking kid have autism now? Supposedly, 1 out of 88, or some bullshit like that. Now, call me an asshole, but im pretty sure that 90% of those "diagnosed" with autism have nothing wrong with them. Its bad parents, like the one in my story, that don't know how to properly discipline their child. They go to a doctor looking for an excuse to justify their children's bad behavior, and of course, doctors jump at the opportunity to sell more drugs. Thus, freeing parents of their responsibility and reinforcing the child's bad behavior.

When ever i acted up as a kid, my mother never took me to a doctor to see if there was something "wrong" with me. She Slapped my shit, even in public. But noooooooo, we cant have that anymore, because muh child abuse laws. Instead, we tell them that something is wrong with them, and pump them full of drugs.

B-but shig, what about the people that really DO have autism?

what about them? Should i treat them any different? Should we tell them that its ok to act out in public because they have autism? No. They will have to learn what is acceptable in public, and what isn't. We should not reinforce them either.

SO

reasons why we shouldn't take autism seriously :

-frees parents of their responsibilities

-reinforces bad behavior in kids

-reinforces the bad behavior of people who actually do have autism

-the drugs for autism are sketchy as fuck

i feel the same way about Aspergers, ADHD, ADD, and any other one of those pseudo diagnosis.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:38 am

Fully agree with you and found your story rather amusing (btw I believe you mean you did a 180?).
It's hard on the parents who have REALLY disabled children, but yet again, raising a child is a great responsibility as it is. When someone decides to keep the baby, they have decided to raise the child well regardless of what they are like.
Saying your child is disabled is no excuse to let them misbehave in public. A disabled child can still learn from a smack on the arse. And if that doesn't stop them, a good old apology is always welcome.

To slightly deviate, that mother who had a bitchfit because you snatched the ketchup wrapper from the kid.... that brings up a whole different thing (though slightly related to your comment about what's considered child abuse). What is it with people in this day and age, where you can't touch, talk to or even acknowledge the existence of children without being deemed a paedophile? Fucking ridiculous! It's like my sisters when they were kids were eating in a fish n' chips shop and some older couple were on the opposite table. After they finished they gave my sisters a few quid each for being so well behaved. In this day and age, if random people gave children some money out of goodwill, people would find it odd or see some "ulterior motive".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:28 am

I am diagnosed with aspergers myself and i agree with you on a lot of cases. When it comes to autism and ADHD a lot of it very much depends on how children are being raised, luckily i'm one who turned out better because my parents are responsible people who took their time on reading about it, but if i were placed with ignorant parents i'd be a lot worse off, being diagnosed with autism or adhd doesn't give you a free pass of being a fucking annoying twat.

What i do disagree with is your ancient method of how to treat children, the problem isn't that people should beat the bad behaviour out of their children because psychological statistic have proven that it is counter productive but instead parents should actually take their time to read how to properly raise someone with autism and improve their behaviour that way.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:37 am

cool story
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:52 am

Despite having ADHD, I was actually well behaved growing up as a kid. The only problems I had, and still do, was that its easier for me to fuck up on things sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:35 am

Quote :
So yesterday i was at Carls Junior, buying my regular Murrika burger with a side of freedom fries and a liberty shake. As i was standing in line, inhaling the intoxicating fumes of freedom and feeling the cold steel of my glock26's slide pressed up against my hip, i could not help but think, " i love america" and then proceed to hum the national anthem. Sadly, my patriotic euphoria was cut short by what can only be described as the sounds the angels make in the evangelion series.

That would only be funny coming from you. Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. 725796345

My knowledge on autism is serverly limited, I always though children with such afflictions were closed off, unresponsive almost "mute" like.

Back to top Go down
Niggest
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:59 pm

shigdig wrote:

I was almost done with my food anyway, so i decide not too. BUT THEN. OH GOD THEN. The kid walks up to me and looks me straight in the eye, and blasts half a ketchup packet all over my jeans and one of my boots. My instincts kick in, and i snatch the ketchup packet from his hand. This causes the kid to immediately start crying and run to his mother.

That crack head does anything to my fucking boots i would've raped him
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I have asperger's as well and I happen to know other people on the autism spectrum. On the whole it is a highly varied thing to a point where almost no two are alike. However autism itself does not make you do things "you can't help". Now maybe in the lower end of the spectrum you might get that with some but I highly doubt it, in those cases it is more likely that they have another condition in addition to their autism. Though it still begs the question of why the hell they brought the kid out to a reasonably crowded public area if he really couldn't control himself.

The other thing about the "1 in 88" statistic or something like that is that in (I think it was) the 80s it was something like 1 in 20,000. Autism Speaks would love you to believe it is an "epidemic" of sorts but what really happened was that they broadened the definition, obvious it is going to look like an "epidemic" after that, since more people will suddenly fit this definition.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:41 pm

It's really hard to explain. I myself, have aspergers, yet I feel no different from everyone else and function pretty normally. But then there are some kids who really DO have severe autism like my cousin. He can't really function around people without getting completely nervous and hiding. Whenever we visit him, he just hides in his room for the majority of the visit. He'll come down for food and say high to everyone for a bit, but then he'll rush back. If you want to know more about how some autistic kids really function, read The Curious incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It's a pretty good read.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

My mom is a special needs teacher and she works with autism a lot. It can be hard controlling a kid, but none of them have really done anything like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:51 pm

So Toxic, Stigma, Chobo and Azazael all have some form of aspergers .... coincidental? I just find it odd, for lack of a better word, that four people on this site have the same "problem".
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Should of pulled out the glock and pop a few rounds in the air, that would get the kid to understand.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:03 pm

That kid just sounded like a brat. Besides, the spectrum for which autism falls under is incredibly broad because parents want their kids to get special benefits from the state; as a result, pretty much anything is categorized as a form of autism these days, even if it's just mental retardation.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Stoney wrote:
So Toxic, Stigma, Chobo and Azazael all have some form of aspergers .... coincidental? I just find it odd, for lack of a better word, that four people on this site have the same "problem".

I suspect children who don't have Austism or ADHD or shit like that are being diagnosed with it anyways just so pharmaceutical companies can sell more drugs. Like every study they do says more children have autism or adhd than an older study.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Stigma wrote:
Stoney wrote:

I suspect children who don't have Austism or ADHD or shit like that are being diagnosed with it anyways just so pharmaceutical companies can sell more drugs. Like every study they do says more children have autism or adhd than an older study.
Unless they're just putting the autistic people in charge of the studies.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Stoney wrote:

Are you aware that there are different types of Aspergers, despite the fact that this is a single condition? Just as there are various personalities in neurotypical individuals, there are different traits among people within a certain diagnosis. Plus not to be stereotypical but having a passion for specific hobbies with fiction in particular could logically explain that many people with autism would enjoy games.

However i do agree that many kids these days are very much overdiagnosed too easily with autism as it's kind of become a sensationalized concept, which makes people that are really autistic look bad.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Are you aware that there are different types of Aspergers, despite the fact that this is a single condition? Just as there are various personalities in neurotypical individuals, there are different traits among people within a certain diagnosis.
Lies. You're just trying to get us to lower our guards so you can infect us with the disease. It's why I've always browsed this site whilst wearing a medical mask.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:08 pm

@ people with autism, aspergers, ADHD, etc

have you ever thought that maybe nothing is wrong with you? that it was all just a lie?

can you point to any event or things you have to put up with everyday as a result of your condition?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I know two kids who have autism/aspergers.

One of them shows it.

With the other kid, I haven't noticed anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

shigdig wrote:

have you ever thought that maybe nothing is wrong with you? that it was all just a lie?

can you point to any event or things you have to put up with everyday as a result of your condition?

I generally suffer from poor non-verbal skills, formal speech, inability mostly to recognize emotions or to read body languages, preference of repetitive tools and behaviours, an outstanding field of knowledge in one specific erea (biology in my case) while suffering in knowledge in other fields (math and physics), delay in motoric skills and sensory difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
shigdig wrote:

I generally suffer from poor non-verbal skills, formal speech, inability mostly to recognize emotions or to read body languages, preference of repetitive tools and behaviours, an outstanding field of knowledge in one specific erea (biology in my case) while suffering in knowledge in other fields (math and physics), delay in motoric skills and sensory difficulties.

Same thing here.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:31 am

"The drugs for autism are sketchy as fuck"

Explain. I have never heard of any drugs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:07 pm

I have heard of over diagnosis of ADD or ADHD for sake of selling medication...but last I check this is not that case for autism of any kind...and I am also unaware of any sort of meds given to autistics.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Anyone who thinks there's actually medications for autism primarily has clearly failed their psychiatry course...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm

This is like the third rant about mentally challenged people on this forum...

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.   Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autism and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next