Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Indie Games?

Go down 
+6
Archduke
Chobo
Orc
solidstudios
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Favorite Indie Games? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:41 pm

What are some of your favorite indie games?

My top 3 would have to be:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Favorite Indie Games? 317_Amnesia_1294795863
Fucking scary game, where you are trapped in a castle and cannot remember anything. Also, a darkness is following you. One of the best game atmosphere's ever in my opinion. Click here for the games website.

Super Meat Boy
Favorite Indie Games? Super-Meat-Boy
Super hard platformer. You WILL die many times, and scream profanities at the top of your lungs while playing this. Well worth it. Click here for the games website.

Killing Floor
Favorite Indie Games? 147ea3eaa2a9b38ac3c7115be720f9ecef05fb1b
My favorite co-op survival horror game ever. Better than Left 4 Dead. Team work is a MUST in playing this game. Near impossible to do good without voice chat. Playing this game with a group of friends is so much fun. Click here for the games website.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Favorite Indie Games? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:44 pm

World of Goo
Machinarium
Minecraft
Limbo
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Im not really sure what games are indie and what games are not but my top 3 would be.

1.castle crashers
2.the dishwasher VS
3.amnesia (the only one im sure is an indie title)
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Villager
Villager
solidstudios

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:53 pm

right now my favorites are Amnesia and Minecraft
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Including xbox live games?

Bonded Realities
It's basically an old school rpg. Thing is, it's sorta linear and there isn't much interaction but the whole thing is so full of charm and has lots of hilarious dialogue that it's well worth buying.
Also the graphics style is cool Razz
[80 microsoft points]
Favorite Indie Games? Bonded10

Toy Stunt Bike
This is basically trials hd but in a Toy Story kind of environment and with your avatar. The game plays very well and seems on par with large budget titles. The only drawback is the replay value is not that good. You see there are only 10 levels.
Aside from that, there are definately worse ways to spend your money
[80 microsoft points]
Favorite Indie Games? Gfs_1910

Jet Pack War
This title has you flying your avatar around with a jetpack around 4 vastly different kinds of maps, firing missiles at your enemies. Drawback? There are nearly no players online anymore Sad
Shame... but I'd still recommend it. It's very tight and pretty good looking too. And it's well worth the price just to fly your avatar around the different locations Razz
[80 microsoft points]
Favorite Indie Games? Jet-pack-war_63793

Fortress Craft
I didn't have the patience to play minecraft on my super slow pc but really could see the appeal and so I'm glad these indie developers created fortress craft, now people like me can play virtually the same kind of game but on a console. It's got the ocassional bug (I only encountered them more recently) but for the low price it's well worth it and you will pour many hours into this.
[240 microsoft points]
Favorite Indie Games? FortressCraft-Xbox-360

There have been quite a few different attempts of providing a fun racing title in which you play as your avatar. So far this one is probably the most successful. The mechanics seem pretty tight and the visuals are good. While it lacks track diversity and could do with more customisation, it's still a very nice title and a fantastic deal. Oh and the trees are better than those in gran turismo
Favorite Indie Games? 457301478
[80 microsoft points]
Favorite Indie Games? Screen10

Mechanics need to be a bit tighter in areas, particularly movement which is a little jolty. Also there needs to be better map variety. But I spent quite a lot of time playing this game online. It's surprisingly addictive and definitely worth getting.
Favorite Indie Games? Avatar10
OR

Pretty much the same game but with a sort of star wars theme.
[80 microsoft points]
Favorite Indie Games? Avatar-laser-wars-425492

Also check out:

West
Mind's Eye of Jupiter
Flight Adventure
Creed Arena
Aphelion

Please buy some indie games and help these indie developer's efforts get recognised.

Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Favorite Indie Games? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Super Meat Boy

Magica

Flower

Poker Night at The Inventory

Pixel Junk shooter

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Castle Crashers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Lykos, you should check out Breath of Death VII on XBLA Indie games. It's a really fun RPG. Also check out Cthulu Saves the World, from the same developer.

There was also this awesome indie game called Artoon on XBLA indie games but it's gone for some reason. I'm never deleting it off my hard drive.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 pm

World of Goo
I MAED A GAM3 W1TH ZOMBIES IN 1T!!!
Amnesia - Dark Decent
PB Winterbottom
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:45 am

I wish I could play Amnesia Sad

Anyways, I don't think Killing Floor is a survival horror game.

On topic, my favorties are:

Limbo

Favorite Indie Games? Surreal-IGF-Finalist-Limbo-Coming-To-Xbox-Live-Arcade-This-Summer-

My personal favorite. I loved everything about Limbo. The bleak looking visuals and its clever puzzles. And after hearing about one of the explanations for the ending, I felt like jumping off a bridge. It's damn depressing.

Decay Trilogy

Favorite Indie Games? Decay32-e1291402913312

Quite possibly the scariest game I've ever played. It's a point-and-click adventure game but some moments in the first game made me feel paranoid and scared shitless, especially when a serial killer stalking me leaves behind those creepy-as-hell dolls in rooms I've already visited.

Knytt

KnyttFavorite Indie Games? Knytt1_2

Not mind-blowing like the games I've mentioned above but it's pretty good. You're stranded on an alien planet and have to explore while wondering how the aliens you encounter live their lives.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 pm

TRF wrote:
Lykos, you should check out Breath of Death VII on XBLA Indie games. It's a really fun RPG. Also check out Cthulu Saves the World, from the same developer.

There was also this awesome indie game called Artoon on XBLA indie games but it's gone for some reason. I'm never deleting it off my hard drive.

yeah I played the demo of Cthulu. It's pretty kewl. But I'm not getting myself anymore rpgs at the moment. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:

yeah I played the demo of Cthulu. It's pretty kewl. But I'm not getting myself anymore rpgs at the moment. Razz
Well I doubt you're gonna get more than a few hours out of Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World. I mean, it's not like Final Fantasy or Mass Effect, where you could potentially get 100+ hours out of it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

For the price, it's pretty good. 6 hours, I think.

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 pm

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

Oh and I think Eschatos might be an indie game. IDK.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

It is. It isn't really "horror" but even L4D is a survival horror.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

I wouldn't count Left 4 Dead as a survival horror. It's really just a basic FPS. I think to be survival horror it has to have the atmosphere of a horror game with the fear of death always lingering. Left 4 Dead doesn't even present an atmosphere of horror. It doesn't try to.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:42 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

"L4D" "survival horror".

Putting those words in the same sentence should be a war crime.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:26 am

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:

Well I doubt you're gonna get more than a few hours out of Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World. I mean, it's not like Final Fantasy or Mass Effect, where you could potentially get 100+ hours out of it.

It took me nearly a good year to get through ME2 lol I'm super slow with rpgs because I can never decide which ones to play!
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

"L4D" "survival horror".

Putting those words in the same sentence should be a war crime.

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

I wouldn't count Left 4 Dead as a survival horror. It's really just a basic FPS. I think to be survival horror it has to have the atmosphere of a horror game with the fear of death always lingering. Left 4 Dead doesn't even present an atmosphere of horror. It doesn't try to.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/

Quote :
co-op action horror game

Doesn't have to really make you jump like other horror games to be considered a horror game. The Zombie Apocalypse is technically a horror atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:47 pm

No, the game doesn't even try to be scary. At all. Even if you don't find a game like, say, Dead Space, scary, it at least tries to. Left 4 Dead is purely arcadey action.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:19 pm

TRF wrote:
No, the game doesn't even try to be scary. At all. Even if you don't find a game like, say, Dead Space, scary, it at least tries to. Left 4 Dead is purely arcadey action.

You don't think a zombie apocalypse could be considered a horror atmosphere? It doesn't have to try and be scary to be a horror game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:23 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

You don't think a zombie apocalypse could be considered a horror atmosphere? It doesn't have to try and be scary to be a horror game.
Um, actually, yes it does. If it's not trying to be scary then it's not horror -- that's why Uncharted, Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. aren't horror games.

A zombie apocalypse could be considered a horror atmosphere, but I don't feel like Valve is trying to create that atmosphere in Left 4 Dead.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:25 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Um, actually, yes it does. If it's not trying to be scary then it's not horror -- that's why Uncharted, Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. aren't horror games.

A zombie apocalypse could be considered a horror atmosphere, but I don't feel like Valve is trying to create that atmosphere in Left 4 Dead.

Ok, but I am just going off of what is listed under in Steam.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Under Steam it's listed as an action game.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:07 pm

TRF wrote:
Under Steam it's listed as an action game.

AH HELL NAH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Indie Games?   Favorite Indie Games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Indie Games?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next