Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony vs Geohot over

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Sony vs Geohot over Empty
PostSubject: Sony vs Geohot over   Sony vs Geohot over I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:56 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/george-geohot-hotz-and-sony-settle-out-of-court-198595.phtml

Quote :
The notorious battle between Sony and PS3 hacker George "Geohot" Hotz has ended today, with the two parties settling out of court.

Hotz has agreed to a permanent injunction imposed by Sony's legal team, which is being taken to mean that he's not going to post source codes, hacking tips, or anything else that will help circumvent the PS3's security. Any further agreements remain confidential knowledge of the parties involved.

"Sony is glad to put this litigation behind us," said SCEA general counsel Riley Russell. "Our motivation for bringing this litigation was to protect our intellectual property and our consumers. We believe this settlement and the permanent injunction achieve this goal."

Hotz also made a statement, seeming similarly glad to be done with the battle: "It was never my intention to cause any users trouble or to make piracy easier. I’m happy to have the litigation behind me."

Whether this will satisfy Anonymous, and whether SCEE will continue its fight with Graf_Chokolo, remains to be seen.

So...Sony lost? I mean this literally did not change anything. Someone else could continue hacking the PS3 or Geohot could continue under the guise of someone else.
Back to top Go down

Sony vs Geohot over
Page 1 of 1