Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sony in the red

Go down 
+2
Mecha
Mr Canai Spy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:08 pm

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250050/sony-loses-a-record-64-billion-for-the-fiscal-year-ending-march-2012/

we will probably see sony becoming a games company only

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/10/why-sonys-4-billion-loss-isnt-the-disaster-it-seems/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

sony in the red R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm

If anything Sony will probably ditch the gaming industry, since they make a lot more money on other things. If the PS4 doesn't turn to be as successful as hoped then consider it the last PlayStation console for Sony.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Weymouth

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
If anything Sony will probably ditch the gaming industry, since they make a lot more money on other things. If the PS4 doesn't turn to be as successful as hoped then consider it the last PlayStation console for Sony.

sony has lost alot more money on t.v's, it only seems they have lost money on gaming because it took a long time to come into profit with the ps3, but now theyre making profit on ps3 they will keep pushing hard with gaming
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

sony in the red R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Mecha wrote:

sony has lost alot more money on t.v's, it only seems they have lost money on gaming because it took a long time to come into profit with the ps3, but now theyre making profit on ps3 they will keep pushing hard with gaming

How don't see how though? Sony makes the best TVs out there. Plus Sony heavily advertise their 3DTVs more than any other company. I just don't see Sony could stop making TVs. What's more likely to happen is Sony will make less quality TVs to keep the price low for consumers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Weymouth

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Mecha wrote:

How don't see how though? Sony makes the best TVs out there. Plus Sony heavily advertise their 3DTVs more than any other company. I just don't see Sony could stop making TVs. What's more likely to happen is Sony will make less quality TVs to keep the price low for consumers.

They make some nice TVs but they aren't the best, Sony has a very small share in the TV market, it doesn't change the fact that Sony has lost profits on TVs for the last 8 years. Its sad I know but in my opinion Panasonic make the best 3D, Samsung makes the more all round and LG makes the best screens on TVs, unfortunately Sony is behind these in TV sales
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Yes sony do make good tv's. But they fucking cost tons compared to shit like Samsung and LG
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Maybe Sony will go the sega route and go from console manufacturer to a 3rd party company.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:57 pm

^^^^^^^^Not a bad Idea. Although, I wonder what will happen to their first party studios such as Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Polyphony Digital etc.

It's a damn shame what is happening to Sony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

sony in the red Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 pm

To believe Sony would quit just because of one average console lifecycle considering its two other godly console lifecycles is silly. Look how long Nintendo endured being overshined yet they're still here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 am

Sony is undertaking a huge company wide overhaul but gaming will remain a key focus for the future.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/04/12/sony-confirms-10000-layoffs-focuses-on-games-mobile-and-digital-imaging/

Sounds more likely that the television arm of their business will undergo a shakeup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Sponsored content

sony in the red Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony in the red   sony in the red I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sony in the red
Page 1 of 1