Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: my thoughts   my thoughts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:11 pm

There has been alot of talk about the rumour that Xbox 720 won't play used games, I think it may be true and here's why. Microsoft and developers heck even Sony have been "beating around the bush" when it comes to the rumour, not giving a direct answer, because maybe you won't be able to trade game discs because there won't be no discs, what if you have to be "always online" to use Xbox's cloud service/streaming/download only games service and maybe ps4 too.
These kind of games exist today on PC, tablets and mobile phones so it may not be too far from the truth, maybe we might get cheaper games, maybe they might be riddled with adverts. This is just a prediction though guys what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: my thoughts   my thoughts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Mark Denny mentioned that the PS4 can be played offline, even though a lot of people are saying XboxNext will be "always on", Eidos being one of them, I agree that something will be attached to used games next gen, like pay $4.99 to unlock content. They (Sony) haven't given a straight answer, they're basically saying they'll do the right thing for consumers and devs.

Sony on used games;

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/sony-on-ps4-used-games-we-are-going-to-do-the-right-thing-6404470

Eidos on Microsoft DRM, always on

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-720-Has-Always-DRM-Blocks-Used-Games-Says-Eidos-President-53032.html

I honestly believe Microsoft are fucked next gen with that approach. Sony will implement something in regards to used games but not as bonkers as Microsoft. The "always on" is a killer for me. I'll most likely buy a NextBox a few years down the line.

Sony are right not to go the always on route.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393154/ps4-sonys-michael-denny-on-games-controller-and-design/?page=2#top_banner

Quote :
I think the world's moved on massively since PlayStation 3 was introduced. Everything is now more connected - although I do keep stressing that PlayStation 4 can be played without an internet connection.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: my thoughts   my thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:00 am

Fuck. Still leaning towards PS4 because of the online faggotry.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: my thoughts   my thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Sony already confirmed that they will use discs and stated that they will "do the right thing" on used games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: my thoughts   my thoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my thoughts
Page 1 of 1