Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why I think Vita has lost it

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Orc
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Graphically, the Vita is a bigger leap, but I think Lykos is referring more to the fact that the 3DS allowed for a majority of the games to be in a 3D world as opposed to the top-down games or sidescrollers which comprised a large portion of the DS library, whereas the PSP had those 3D game worlds all along (meaning the Vita didn't open up capabilities to explore different genres, but just offered a simple graphics upgrade)

That's pretty much exactly what I was trying to say.

Also lol@ Shig being surprised an N64 re-release has jaggies.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Well if you look at the original OoT, it looks really awful. Understandably so, of course, but everything is made of huge triangles, lol. OoT 3D may be a bit jagged, but the graphics are undeniably improved by 1000% (actual calculations required).
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah it is a shining example of a high quality remake. Even though I admit they did not add a lot in terms of gameplay, at least it didn't feel like they tacked shit on. It was the same game everyone knows and loves with little improvements that sort out annoyances and MUCH better visuals. Hell they completely redesigned a lot of areas and all the interiors which were originally pre-rendered.

But the matter at hand is, yeah, 3DS is more of a jump than Vita. And back to the original point of this thread, no one has brought a compelling argument to combat what I originally said.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I really cant understand the reasoningbehind "3DS is more of a jump than Vita"

Seriously, the 3DS is a 3D version of DS. The best DS graphics were not far off from 3DS's best graphics. What did 3DS add besides 3D?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:39 pm

It added a control stick to support 3D games (not visual 3D, but 3D in the world). Then again, PSP did 3D world games like shit, so Vita was a big step up from that too. And a bigger step up in the graphics department. So it really depends on what you're looking for when you look for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I think Vita has lost it
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2