Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why I think Vita has lost it

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Orc
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why I think Vita has lost it Empty
PostSubject: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Let's be honest here.

Vita's games library has been rather...less than stellar, in fact it is downright underwhelming, with just the odd decent title like the remake of Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, and the new WipEout game keeping it alive.

Why I think Vita has lost it Screen10

Otherwise the system itself is practically perfect. Great, powerful hardware, wonderful interface, great online capabilities and a wonderful control scheme/design. You could say Sony has achieved near-perfection. But perhaps that has become a bit of a problem.

3DS has a few flaws. It lacks a competent online service, it only has one analog stick, it has an inferior touch screen that is only responsive with a stylus and it has inferior graphics capabilities, that are while decent, fail to rival Vita's.
Then again if you look back to the DS, it too suffered from these same issues in comparison to the PSP. However, it ended up on top in sales and games library size, easily and featured far more innovative games and experiences rather than just straight-up sloppy ports. Yeah I think you can see what I am getting at here. Or maybe not.

Why I think Vita has lost it Origin10
wow this game is unique

Let me make it clear. The DS sold more because it was cheap. It got more games because it was easier to develop for and the technology (and user base) was less demanding in terms of graphical quality. It had more innovation because it was not a handheld equivalent of a console, so developers were forced in some cases to make unique games for the DS itself.

The 3DS takes the exact same route, with the same design and whatnot.. Only now it has better graphics (not to the point that it can successfully run any game ported to it however) and 3D! We can expect it to have the same impact on the industry that the DS had, only perhaps bigger considering it features glasses-free 3D and on a handheld no less! Regardless of what you think of the 3D, it does not affect the overall quality of the 3DS because it can be turned off at any time.

Do not get me wrong, the 3DS will certainly get some console-style games. And no they will not be at the same standard of Vita graphically, but since when have graphics even been important? I sure as hell won't be disappointed when this game comes out.
Why I think Vita has lost it Monste10

The vita's problems don't just end there. Here is where the matter gets worse. As mentioned, the 3DS features glasses-fre 3D. That is a major feature. No other handheld gaming device offers that!
What does Vita feature, stunning graphics? Is that exclusive? Iphone 5 says hi.

Why I think Vita has lost it 34176110Why I think Vita has lost it Modern10Why I think Vita has lost it Infini10Why I think Vita has lost it 25091210

In this day and age, most people own smartphones. And a lot of those smartphone owners happen to own Iphone's. Even children often have access to smartphones due to their parents. It's a shame that the Vita's biggest draw is something that most people already have on that thing they use to call people.

What else does Vita have? Dual analog sticks? Well, other phones like Sony's Xperia have that, and if you aren't keen on the Iphone's multi-touch virtual analog system you can always get an add-on for pretty cheap.

Why I think Vita has lost it 41d0tc10

On the whole, the Vita faces the risk of dying very soon. I am sure Sony won't let that happen so will continue to support it, but for how long will third party developers support it when it just isn't selling? DISCUSS.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why I think Vita has lost it R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Why I think Vita has lost it Berneydidnotread
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Why I think Vita has lost it Chan_597
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why I think Vita has lost it XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm

I feel like I've read this thread a million times before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

dont read
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:29 pm

shigdig wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

dont read
Too late. Sad
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:43 am

Thanks guys. You remind me why I'm so glad to be on a forum with people who are so passionate about gaming and so open-minded that can provide insightful discussion.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why I think Vita has lost it Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Thanks guys. You remind me why I'm so glad to be on a forum with people who are so passionate about gaming and so open-minded that can provide insightful discussion.

Why I think Vita has lost it LOOK+AT+THIS+BLACK+ASS+NIGGER+EATING+FRIED+CHICKEN+LIKE+_8403fe738a4e2aa88d15bdfbfce9d905
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
You've made these "Vita fails" threads over and over though. We've discussed this all already, lol. Faget.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Why I think Vita has lost it PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:47 am

"Hurr duur I knowz why PSVitaz saucks even if I dont haz one hurr durr" Why I think Vita has lost it 725796345

In all seriousness though:
Quote :
Regardless of what you think of the 3D, it does not affect the overall quality of the 3DS because it can be turned off at any time.
Wouldn't that just make it a slightly more powerful DS?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
You've made these "Vita fails" threads over and over though. We've discussed this all already, lol. Faget.

Shit, have I? Please link me up to them so I can make this one different.

Quote :

This is the problem with graphics whores. You can't look past the tech to see the actual games themselves.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Another one of these threads? Pretty much everything you said here is fairly subjective...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Stop spamming this thread if you have nothing to add. Also, mecha and shig, don't ask for your warning bars to go back to 0% anytime soon if you keep this shit up. Get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 pm

This whole thread is obviously flame bait. I honestly don't know how we're the ones that get in trouble, yet Lykos gets away with posting anti-Vita and Spider-Man threads all the time.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:26 pm

It's a gaming opinion piece about the vita on a gaming forum, there is nothing wrong with it. Lykos barely uses any flamebait language on this thread. Now stop derailing it. You have a problem with it, pm me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
This whole thread is obviously flame bait. I honestly don't know how we're the ones that get in trouble, yet Lykos gets away with posting anti-Vita and Spider-Man threads all the time.

>sees open-minded opinion piece on debate section
>calls it flamebate

Oh Mecha.

Thanks Teck. Nice to know SOMEONE is doing their job.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 pm

So how good was that blowjob from Lykos, Teckno?

Anyway, we been over these Vita debates 235787775455676 times already. There is nothing more to be said.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Mecha wrote:
So how good was that blowjob from Lykos, Teckno?

Anyway, we been over these Vita debates 235787775455676 times already. There is nothing more to be said.

Yes there is, what I said on this thread. Of course you wouldn't know seeing as you "didn't read lol".

Maybe read it and debunk my statements if you can.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Quote :
Quote :

This is the problem with graphics whores. You can't look past the tech to see the actual games themselves.
Never said it doesn't have games (because it has a lot of good games), but what I said still has a point. Also PSVita has games, just most are exclusive to Japan or Sony doesn't market them at all.

3D + DS = 3DS
3D - 3DS = DS (Just slight more powerful)

Simple.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Shit, have I? Please link me up to them so I can make this one different.
I was a bit mistaken. Not necessarily threads, but posts. I think you talk about the Vita more than anyone else. Why I think Vita has lost it 725796345

Anywho, I think the problem is that Sony expects this shit to sell on its own. They obviously put forward the money to make the games, but not so much when it comes to getting the word out. I saw a ton of 3DS ads on TV, but I honestly can't remember any Vita ads, if there even were any. Maybe there were and I just didn't notice them. But you never see Sony marketing their games as much as Nintendo or Microsoft. Looking back, I feel like Sony gave up on the Vita before it even came out.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Quote :
Quote :

Never said it doesn't have games (because it has a lot of good games), but what I said still has a point. Also PSVita has games, just most are exclusive to Japan or Sony doesn't market them at all.

3D + DS = 3DS

Simple.

Okay, so in Japan the Vita's a decent system. Here, that is not the case.

Your logic is flawed and rather irrelevant, however I will respond either way.

The majority of DS games were like this
Why I think Vita has lost it Zelda-10

3DS games are a lot more like this
Why I think Vita has lost it Ocarin10

PSP games were like this

Why I think Vita has lost it Medal-10

VITA games are like this

Why I think Vita has lost it Cod-de10

I think I know which one had the bigger jump. Don't see what you were implying anyway.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Quote :
Quote :

3D + DS = 3DS

Simple.

Okay, so in Japan the Vita's a decent system. Here, that is not the case.

Your logic is flawed and rather irrelevant, however I will respond either way.

The majority of DS games were like this
Why I think Vita has lost it Zelda-10

3DS games are a lot more like this
Why I think Vita has lost it Ocarin10

PSP games were like this

Why I think Vita has lost it Medal-10

VITA games are like this

Why I think Vita has lost it Cod-de10

I think I know which one had the bigger jump. Don't see what you were implying anyway.
How? I'm just saying when you take off the 3D from a 3DS it's a slightly upgraded DS, seems like your blind love of 3DS has literally blinded you since you don't notice it. Also I'm not saying which had a bigger jump.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:10 pm

vita obviously made the bigger jump. 3ds is jaggy central
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Graphically, the Vita is a bigger leap, but I think Lykos is referring more to the fact that the 3DS allowed for a majority of the games to be in a 3D world as opposed to the top-down games or sidescrollers which comprised a large portion of the DS library, whereas the PSP had those 3D game worlds all along (meaning the Vita didn't open up capabilities to explore different genres, but just offered a simple graphics upgrade)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Vita has lost it   Why I think Vita has lost it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I think Vita has lost it
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next