Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Battle of the genres!

Go down 
+5
NoelX2
Orc
CleverCatchPhrase
Mecha
Bluenose
9 posters

What is your favorite music genre?
 Pop
 Country
 Metal
 Rock
 Rap
 Electronical
 Classical
 Indie
 Jazz
 Gospel
View results
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Battle of the genres! Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Battle of the genres! 66472_388683467894147_1427084150_n

Last edited by Teckno on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Battle of the genres! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 pm

LMAO @ Rap!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

The emo one made me lol.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Wait, classic as in classic rock or classical music?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

CleverCatchPhrase wrote:
Wait, classic as in classic rock or classical music?

Classical music.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:36 pm

^ Then it's called classical. Not classic.

And I'm not even going to vote because it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
^ Then it's called classical. Not classic.

And I'm not even going to vote because it's stupid.

My bad.

And what's stupid about it? It's just what you like the most.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Firstly you're missing out a hundred other genres.

Secondly there's no point because those that are actually musically experienced are in the minority here. Hell, Pizzy's never around anymore so I'll probably be the only person that chooses classical.

That being said

Jazz

"pick the flowers up from the ground then you gotta swinngg yeah, in the garden, swiiinngg yeah"

Blues

"Once I had a flower, but soon enough it wilted... now all I can do is sing the flower blues"

Ambient & Shoe Gaze

"flooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Choral

"homo flower dominus.....in ora mundi lupus flower cum laude comitas"

Power Metal

"For days we rode, through barren plains only to discover a dragon, fierce. We fought long and hard, and upon slaughtering the beast, we picked up a flower of liiight. FOR GLORY, FOR HONOUR, FOR THE WARLUST WITHIN..."

Punk

"This anarchistic fascist state is the reason, the reason for the flower that wilts!"

Melodic death metal

"Abandonment, Discouragement, the detriment that must be endured. Sorrowful, Emptiness, the price to pay, as the petals fall from the flower of life"

Spanish Neo-Folk

"Floras de los muertos, floras para los carne, floras para los sangre"

Reggae

"Ooohh yeahh, oohh yeahhh, that flo-wa we once grew has grown so tall noww yeahh. The petal that grows from your ten-der hands so sweet"

Industrial/nu metal

"OOAARGHHH. YAAAGH YAAAGH YAAAGH AHHH! Determination to follow ....the path of endless pain, the loud guttural cry.... that makes me go insane, the flowers she once grew are drenched in her own blood... AAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
Firstly you're missing out a hundred other genres.

Secondly there's no point because those that are actually musically experienced are in the minority here. Hell, Pizzy's never around anymore so I'll probably be the only person that chooses classical.

That being said

I only put the major ones up because there are just like you said, hundreds of genre's. If you think there is a major major one I'm missing, feel free to say.

And to your secondly, I didn't realize being an elitist dickhead is the only way you can have on an opinion on which genre you like.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:49 pm

There, I was right. Only guy to choose classical. That's disgusting. Classical always won and always should win. Anyone who does not choose classical or baroque or opera or something similar is mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
There, I was right. Only guy to choose classical. That's disgusting. Classical always won and always should win. Anyone who does not choose classical or baroque or opera or something similar is mistaken.

Lol says who? I don't think you understand what personal taste is. And this thread has been up for only 2 hours, you can't be so quick to pass judgement.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm

K then I choose rock
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm

>Dubstep

Seriously? You didn't put Electronic music, but DUBSTEP?

Wow. I'm still picking it to show that I picked Electronic, but just wow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Lykos, I understand what your talking about regards the sub-genres of Metal, but it's still Metal when all said and done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 pm

i like jazz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
Lykos, I understand what your talking about regards the sub-genres of Metal, but it's still Metal when all said and done.

No I'm talking about blues, ska, reggae, soul, avant-garde, ambient, choral, shoegaze, any anything else. I don't think you can narrow music down to 10 genres. Nor can you say one genre is the best, because there are good and bad artists and composers in every genre. Furthermore, classical undeniably wins. This is one case where my opinion is just fact Razz
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 am

Wheres Gospel music for us Christian users?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:36 am

Zeratul wrote:
Wheres Gospel music for us Christian users?

yeah. & wheres tecknos HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHELELEALALALALALLALAALLA ALLUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AKBARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR music?
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Battle of the genres! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Rock music for me. Mainly 'cuz it's what I've grown up on and there's a higher volume of rock artists in my favorites compared to other genres.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Rock Ftw
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 am

Eagles are the only rock band I really listen to these days. But of course musically oblivious people are like "but tey ar only 1 gud song"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the genres!   Battle of the genres! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the genres!
Page 1 of 1