Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread

Go down 
+6
Bluenose
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
Orc
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm probably the least likely person to have made this thread, but here I am.

I got MGS Snake Eater on 3DS yesterday and in spite of my initial doubts...I am already loving this game to bits. The cinematic quality and its story-telling is fantastic!

I mean I played Peace Walker on PSP a lot and that helped me get into the game mechanics... now I've managed to sink my teeth into Snake Eater and I'm looking forward to progressing.

So yeah, this is the thread for all things MGS.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 pm

MGS4 > All
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 pm

snake eater was the best IMO
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 pm

shigdig wrote:
snake eater was the best IMO

Indeed. As much as I love Guns of The Patriots, Snake Eater is just downright a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 pm

I love MGS3.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I have yet to play a Metal Gear Solid game! :alone:

😢 😢 😢 😢 😢
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 pm

One thing to have never completed a mgs game but how have you never PLAYED One?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Duke wrote:
I have yet to play a Metal Gear Solid game! :alone:

😢 😢 😢 😢 😢

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread R?t=a&d=mys&s=ads&c=p&app=aoth&ti=1&ai=30751&l=dis&o=100000031&sv=0a5c4237&ip=640241fa&cu.wz=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giantbomb.com%2Fuploads%2F9%2F90022%2F1785532-maximum_brofist_by_defiant_ant_super
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread 1348079371883

step it up duke & teck
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:36 am

I honestly cant decide whether I like MGS 3 or MGS 4 more. Both were masterpieces. In fact, the entire series is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 am

Played both MGS3 and MGS4.

I like both, but 3 was indeed a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Teck & Duke are faget
By the way who here played Peace Walker?

NOTE: Mind the double posting. ~Akainu
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
By the way who here played Peace Walker?

Jesus H Christ, I was reading this thread, and when I came to this post I grabbed my HD collection and JUST REALISED that Peace Walker HD came with it and I didn't even know!. Official Metal Gear Solid Thread 1443829230

Time to sink my teeth into that one.

Oh, and MGS 3 is without a doubt the best in the series, followed by MGS 1, then 4 & then 2. I don;t included the old ones as Snake didn't have an identity in that era and I just can't rate them along side the Solid series.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm

^ HA wicked man. I don't want to ruin too much but you get to build your own metal gear in that as well as manage your own base, which is awesome.

On top of that there's a side/bonus mission where you get to fuck Kaz ... who is a man. That made me lol.

Also for a PSP game it looked fucking beautiful. Makes me want to get my analog stick fixed so I can get back on it.

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread Metal-gear-solid:-peace-walker-ss-11
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Just defeated The Fear. Wasn't too hard actually (although I ran out of medical supplies). I had much more trouble with Ocelot's showdown.

Btw how fucking creepy is Ocelot's Meow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON0ivXpdIx0
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
Just defeated The Fear. Wasn't too hard actually (although I ran out of medical supplies). I had much more trouble with Ocelot's showdown.

Btw how fucking creepy is Ocelot's Meow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON0ivXpdIx0

The next boss fight you will face in my oppinion is the best bosses in MGS 3 and one of the best bosses in MGS in general, "The End"
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 am

I know, I've just encountered him and got killed within a second before throwing my 3ds across the room and refusing to play it ever again.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:57 am

Metal Gear Solid was the best. Simple as that.

However MGS 3 comes a close respectable 2nd.

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 am

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
I know, I've just encountered him and got killed within a second before throwing my 3ds across the room and refusing to play it ever again.

Did it on extreme setting using only the tranquilizer gun so I could get his sniper rifle, also, if you sneak up behind him and hold him up you get is moss camo which gives you 100% camo in certain places. :fuckyea:

Also, The Fear is a cunt on extreme or if you want to beat him by depleting his stamina, if you defeat the bosses by stamina depletion as opposed to killing them the conventional way, you get their camos, some of them are awesome sauce. Best thing to do, is stock up on those poison frogs, equip them, and throw them all around the map, when he goes to eat something he'll always pick them up, he'll eat them and then get sick, giving you a chance get a few rounds off on him.

You can also kill The End before the main fight, after the part were you sneak through the aqueduct, you get a cut scene with him, The Fear, Volgin and The Boss, he's in a wheel chair, right after the cutscene ends, a soldier is wheeling him away, if you're quick enough to get your sniper out you can blow him away then and there. Although you are depriving yourself of the best boss battle probably in the series.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am

^
Aw shit I wish I'd done that and saved myself a lot of pain I'm sure I will be experiencing soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
^
Aw shit I wish I'd done that and saved myself a lot of pain I'm sure I will be experiencing soon Razz

Trust me and Stoney, you don't want to skip that boss fight. It's simply too good. Especially when you manage to hold up The End and he gets his shake on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

it'd be better if he wasn't playing the dumbed down gimmick homo version
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 pm

shigdig wrote:

Actually this version has crouched walking and more immersive gameplay & cutscenes because of the 3D and better graphics and some neat little easter eggs, plus it plays more like Peace Walker which I like :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
shigdig wrote:

Actually this version has crouched walking and more immersive gameplay & cutscenes because of the 3D and better graphics and some neat little easter eggs, plus it plays more like Peace Walker which I like :)

Razz youve really been running your mouth on a subject you dont know shit about , lykos. its time for a real MGS fan to put you in your place.

>this version has crouched walking

and? sure i can see were it can come in handy, but walking slowly gets the job done just fine. not really a big deal

>more immersive gameplay & cutscenes because of the 3D and better graphics

you have got to be kidding me. first of all, i like how you havent played the other versions yet somehow know its more "immersive" (playing some of it at your mates house doesnt count)

>better graphics

HA, lets take a look at the graphical improvements of the 3DS..

2:35- 3DS version has shorter rendering distance for grazz

3:52- when exiting mud on the vita version, snakes clothes become dirty, while on the 3DS version, snake comes out clean as a whistle.

9:58- the 3DS version uses gun sounds from peace walker, while the original sounds are much better. (this doesnt have to do with graphics but its worth a mention)

entire video- during cut scenes snakes face & hair look better on the 3DS version. however, everything else looks better on the vita version, both in cutscenes AND gameplay. the 3DS version also suffers from framerate issues at times, while the vitas always runs smooth.

so as far as "graphical improvements", only snakes face & hair look better IN THE CUTSCENES. everything else is worse. & suffers from frame rate issues.

>3D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAH

>it plays more like Peace Walker which I like

YOU may like it, however if feels like the game was dumbed down. all you have to do is point at the general direction of the enemy & youll hit him. this takes away from the overall experience. you also cant go into first person mode.

lets move on to some of the comments you made in your "Several reasons why 3DS is a special system" thread

>MGS is a cinematic game, and having an interface in front of the screen can spoil that a bit.

so i guess all MGS have been "spoiled a bit" because they all have the same interface Official Metal Gear Solid Thread 1443829230

so lets wrap this up...

MGS3D

+crouch walking
+snakes face & hair looks better during cutscenes
+interface is cool

-retarded controls ( sure you can get use to them, but they are still retarded. buying the second analog makes it better)
-textures look worse
-framerate is shit
-rendering distance is shorter
-certain details are missing
-combat has been dumbed down
-gun shots are reused from peacewalker. original sounds were better.

sorry, but i rather have a smooth game with better visuals & controls.

i have literally seen no one even mention this game. ESPECIALLY in the MGS community. i dont think any REAL MGS fan on here can honestly say they give two shits about MGS3D.

id recommend you play some real MGS games.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

1. "not big a deal", it's comments like that which make your entire argument void.

2. Crouch walking is an excellent feature. Without it you are walking right into the enemy's view. With it now you have more options for getting around an enemy

3. How can I say it's more immersive? Err...because you know the 3DS doesn't have 3D on constantly, so I can switch between the two?

4.The graphics are superior in 3DS cutscenes, and considering the cutscenes take up a good 50% of the game, that's far superior to your dirt on Snake's ass and better draw distance for "grazz", especially when 3DS seems to have better colour. (Then again you've not played the game, you're getting your info from a low quality off-screen video so what would you know?) And contrary to what you say, it's not just the hair, the character models on the 3DS version actually look better overall aside from the resolution.

Compare:

http://www.entdepot.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection_PSVita_Release-Date-Announcement_Screenshot-3-1.jpg

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/snakeeater3d.jpg

5.I don't see how the gun sounds from the original are better than newer versions, apart from for nostalgia's sake.

6. "you also cant go into first person mode" HA, where are you getting your sources from? Yes you can go in first person mode on 3DS version, as well as third. Shame you have no option in the second class Vita version.

7.I like how you laugh about 3D. That is actually a game-selling feature. Especially in a game this cinematic. Switch in between 3D and 2D at any time and it enhances the game. You feel more immersed and the game is better looking.

8.Controls are a matter of preference, but the 3DS scheme is far better because the touch screen is a convenient tool for switching weapons, but you can also use the directional buttons to switch if preferred. Plus this is a better layout with the map and other features on a seperate screen meaning you don't have to pause the game all the time. Also the Vita second analog I've heard is far too sensitive, especially on a game this slow paced. And the back touch screen interferes a lot, having snake stab a fair bit unintentionally.

9.The original games were not spoiled by the interface because the screen was massive. On handhelds, you only have limited screen space and you need to be able to spot enemies from afar, so 3DS is superior here because the GUI doesn't get in the way.

And then there's stuff like custom camo, the easter eggs like yoshi's which have been re-placed and yeah, basically all the stuff I said above. And believe it or not, 3D is a MASSIVE bonus. That is a game-selling feature.

So yeah, although the game does have the occasional frame rate issue, it definitely has the superior graphics and controls so you must prefer the 3DS version after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Solid Thread   Official Metal Gear Solid Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Metal Gear Solid Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next