Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Metal Gear Thread

Go down 
+3
Stigma
RamboOnRedBull
Orion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official Metal Gear Thread TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Official Metal Gear Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Discuss all things Metal Gear.

First one i played was MGS2, but i would just play it at my friends house. First one i owned and bea was Metal Gear Solid 4, and then later loved Peace Walker.
I've recently bought all MGS games and Rising, playing through MGS1 now and the controls are really dated but i'm really enjoying the game so far.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Metal Gear Thread Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:07 pm

First I ever played was MGS3: Snake Eater. 

Best. MGS game. Ever.  :megusta:
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Played a couple but never finished any of them. If I were to play them again, which would be the best to start with?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Metal Gear Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Same with Stigma. Played the games growing up, but I never got to beat them. With the expectation of MGS4.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Got Sons of Liberty during secondary school. Couldn't quite get into it.
Got Portable Ops + (online focused game) and fucking loved it. I spent so many hours just running around online, placing dirty magazines and messing around with wind up rubber ducks.
Then I saw the trailer for Peace Walker and honestly, I jizzed harder than ever before. It looked amazing, and a handheld game too! It looked to be one of the most ambitious handheld games ever. Graphics leaning towards 7th gen, developing your base, 4 player co-op, literally about 150 missions (including main and extra ops missions), some tactical/strategy elements, building your own metal gear, etc. I bought that game and loved it. But never completed it because I stopped playing my PSP for a while.
Then I got a 3DS and played Snake Eater and it was already becoming my favourite in the series and I got right up to the last segment but simply couldn't complete it due to controls and screen size.
Then I bought Metal Gear Collection on VITA and replayed Snake Eater right up to the end and actually completed it this time. In love with it.
Then I re-bought Peace Walker digitally and completed that too.
I am currently playing through Sons of Liberty. And bought Portable Ops which I might play through at some point.

never got into the Metal Gear Acid games.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:00 pm

If you don't care much for story, then start with Snake Eater. As corny as it sounds, when you finish it, you'll realise that it was more than just a game. It's a got'damn experience.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Metal Gear Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 pm

I've always thought MGS was overrated. After playing MGSV: GZ I realized I was missing out on some of the best games I could have ever played. :'(
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:02 am

Honestly Metal Gear is like the Islam of gaming
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 6:07 am

Stoney wrote:
If you don't care much for story, then start with Snake Eater. As corny as it sounds, when you finish it, you'll realise that it was more than just a game. It's a got'damn experience.

Isn't Snake Eater the first game, chronologically?

I would agree anywho. This game blew my mind. I went in expecting very little, leaving the experience in absolute awe.
The storyline for the most part confused me a little but by the end everything clicked into place and made sense. And the gameplay...ahh man, one of my favourite moments of any game is when you're in that subterranean/series of caves and it's dark, damp and you gotta feed off frogs and rats and whatever shit you can find, and your only way of lighting a path is through smoking a cigar. It's so badass. I got well immersed.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 9:07 am

It is, but how the story is told, it would be better to play MGS first, then SoL, then Snake Eater. I'm just giving him the the optimal starting point should he want to play Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain what with all the hype around TPP.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Ninja was a fun boss fight, stuck on Psycho Mantis though, i'm pretty shit at the aiming because the aiming is shit. Still really liking it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Off screen footage of the game of all the years. Official Metal Gear Thread 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 pm

When Xbox one version is confirmed 1080p, that's when I take the plunge.

If it's confirmed 720p....sigh... I dont know
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:39 pm

I posted that video in anticipation of Steven's reaction but I assume he's over his wolf phase. Sad
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Phantom Pain will be 720p, and the main reason I'd get PS4. Xbox One has way more exclusives I'm interested in(Dead Rising 3, Scalebound and Quantum Break) whereas PS4 only has Infamous but Teckno said it was disappointing so fuck me with a fiddle.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Metal Gear Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:37 am

I will renew my PS+ sub once this comes out!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 3:28 am

Loved MGO on MGS4, I'll be sure to renew my- Ah wait that's right, I don't need to pay to play online with the Internet that I already pay for.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Stoney wrote:
I posted that video in anticipation of Steven's reaction but I assume he's over his wolf phase. Sad

Well I don't have Sky Sports anymore so I can't watch super rugby league so yea it's much harder to support wolves.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:09 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Metal Gear Thread   Official Metal Gear Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Metal Gear Thread
Page 1 of 1