Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's start a revolution!

Go down 
+8
Archduke
Stoney
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
Ihsahn
Pickles1337
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Let's start a revolution! Empty
PostSubject: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm making an info pic for the 360 and Ps3.

If you don't know what an info pic is I'll show you.

Let's start a revolution! 1268471215345

It's basically like a "Now you know!" pic.

Except that isn't JUST the purpose for this info pic. The purpose is to MAKE MS and Sony give us the deals Steam gets. And to MAKE xbox Live FREE.

Don't tell me it's not possible. When Microsoft decided it wanted to make PC gamers pay for Games For Windows all hell broke loose. Pc gamers made it FREE.

The reason for this is that PC gamers are usually closer to sites like Digg and more frequent posters than console gamers because well, to them the internet is just a click away.

So I'm thinking, PC gamers get what 360 gamers get for free AND MORE. They get 4-5 games that would normally cost about 500 bucks for like 60. Meanwhile, fucking MS knocks five bucks off Limbo.(I don't really know what PS3 gets)

So this thread is basically on how WE can get those sweet ass deals and free online(for my Xbros). Feel free to tell how we can get started because I don't really know how. Sad

For further convincing:

http://www.cracked.com/article/87_5-awesome-cases-internet-owning-mainstream-media/

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I don't know if this would work. I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't try, but it might just be an armchair revolution. I feel bad for all you console peasants, though. I guess the biggest thing would be that the information has to be 100% accurate. You're gonna need to do all your research and back it up with sources at the bottom of the image/article or whatever. It also needs to be done professionally. Leet photoshop skillz if it's an image or someone who can structure an argument/protest in an article.

Also you have to realize consoles are closed platforms. Nobody would stand for GFWL because there were services that does what they do but better. With M$ and Sony and all them they can do whatever the fuck they want because you're forced to do what they push on you. I doubt a lot of people would stop playing 360/PS3 online for the odd chance that this does work.

Last edited by Ihsahn on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Let's start a revolution! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:42 pm

It was easy for PC gamers to reject GFWL because they had a ton of other options. If you reject XBL to make it free, you have no other options -- you simply can't play online.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Hax, you said that as I hit enter to edit my post.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:45 pm

I think TRF has 1337 photoshop skills.

If it worked for the Games For Windows thing, I think we have a good chance.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Really? Nobody cares?

Also my UAV is online.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Great minds think alike.

And Pickles, selling your console to buy a new one is entirely on a new level of boycott in comparison to simply switching over to another service. I don't think most people are willing to sell their 360 and buy a PS3 in order to make XBL free, just so they can go back to the 360.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 pm

TRF wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Great minds think alike.

And Pickles, selling your console to buy a new one is entirely on a new level of boycott in comparison to simply switching over to another service. I don't think most people are willing to sell their 360 and buy a PS3 in order to make XBL free, just so they can go back to the 360.

Well, we can always threaten to go to the other system.

And...well, I'm still going to make the pic. At worst, it'll only take me a day's worth of work. Besides, what do I have to lose? Besides time that is :3
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Time is a valuable thing. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Teckno wrote:

Watch it clock by as the pendulum swings.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Watch it clock by as the pendulum swings.

Watch it count down to the end of the day; the clock ticks life away
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 am

No way! You guys like Bowling For Soup too!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:25 am

^^^

Is that not Linkin Park?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:12 am

Either way it's shit.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:58 pm

TRF wrote:
Either way it's shit.

ahh fuck you

The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Get back on topic people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:46 pm

No thank you. I dont like 'em.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
Get back on topic people.

Linkin Park or my thread?

So far only 2 people have done so.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Would anybody like to post pics or articles showing some of the deals steam has?

Would really appreciate it. Let's start a revolution! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Would anybody like to post pics or articles showing some of the deals steam has?

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:04 am

I doubt this is going to work, but, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

BFBC: Vietnam is 13 euro on the Steam store, yet it's 1200 MSP? That's 12 euro when converted. (2100 MSP in a store over here is 21 euro) Crysis 2 is 50 euro, I can get that for 45 euro in a retail store, or cheaper. CoD: Black Ops Map Pack is 13.99 euro yet on XBL it's 1200 MSP = 12 euro. I also noticed the same thing on PSN. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmares is 800 MSP = 8 euro, yet on PSN it's 9.99 euro.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 am

Stoney wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

BFBC: Vietnam is 13 euro on the Steam store, yet it's 1200 MSP? That's 12 euro when converted. (2100 MSP in a store over here is 21 euro) Crysis 2 is 50 euro, I can get that for 45 euro in a retail store, or cheaper. CoD: Black Ops Map Pack is 13.99 euro yet on XBL it's 1200 MSP = 12 euro. I also noticed the same thing on PSN. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmares is 800 MSP = 8 euro, yet on PSN it's 9.99 euro.

Take a look at the ''Potato Sack'' deal. $120+ off.

During the holidays, that's EVERY FUCKING GAME.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/709310/steams-2010-holiday-sale-over-1000-games-up-to-80-off/
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Sounds like Steam is only good in NA.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:24 pm

During the holidays steam is being a BEAST. But they aren't really having eyecatching deals on other other parts of the year. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's start a revolution!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next