Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
Dam_Noir
ArchAngel
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Orion
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 am

Me and my mates often say "WHERE IS SHE?" in Batman's voice, just for laughs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:29 pm

@Mecha I know, I just wanted to see what you'd say. Razz You answered your own question. Nolan probably didn't want to do their origin and you can't really do Ra's origin without mentioning Lazarus which isn't possible in Nolanverse. Bane's origin can be done but you'd have to change things still. Mandarin is weird since magic is there in the MCU but Mandarin seems to be realistic for some reason in Iron Man 3.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Even without the rings The Mandarin is still very unrealistic. Because he can take on Iron Man with his bare hands and avoid his missiles. Which a god like Loki had trouble doing.

So yeah, The Mandarin is basically superhuman as well, but its never really explained why in the comics. So I doubt The Mandarin will be supernatural in Iron Man 3, since they find alien magic rings unrealistic as well.

I just hope The Mandarin is just as intelligent as Tony Start and doesn't turn out into just another guy in an armor.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:03 am

This perfectly describes the big mess and dissapointment I had watching The Dark Knight Rises:

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm pretty sure that was posted before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Not in this thread....

But if you want to be an Arab and all, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 pm

lol forgot about this thread.

What bothers me the most about The Dark Knight Trilogy is that Nolan completely removed the mental illness theme from the comics.

Batman retiring is completely out of character. Yes, it happen in the comics a couple of times, but that's when he becomes old and eventually he comes back as Batman.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
lol forgot about this thread.

What bothers me the most about The Dark Knight Trilogy is that Nolan completely removed the mental illness theme from the comics.

Batman retiring is completely out of character. Yes, it happen in the comics a couple of times, but that's when he becomes old and eventually he comes back as Batman.

I have no problem with Batman retiring in The Dark Knight trilogy since that was basically the theme of the entire films - That Batman was a symbol.

Though, I still think Nolan could have done a better job. I also found it odd how Bruce Wayne can live with his parent's death, but once his love life dies he just gives up? I mean, WTF?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I feel like the film just isn't as smart as the The Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 pm

That's because it isn't. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 725796345

TDKR could have been so much more. To me, it feels that Nolan tried to outdo himself by going: "Bigger and better", instead of thinking about another good, original story with some cool twists and turns.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm

@Rambo

No. Batman is a mental illness that Bruce suffers. In fact, Bruce is just an identity that Batman uses, so he shouldn't have any desire to retire. What's worse is that it seems he would have retire a lot sooner if it wasn't for Rachel Dawes. And Bruce was only Batman for like a year and half through out the whole trilogy. Like WTF!? He retired way too soon for no good reason other than that he didn't want to continue anymore. That's NOT Batman!

I can except the fact that Batman has a ridiculous voice and isn't as intelligent as he suppose to be, but retiring as such a young age and saying Batman is just a symbol is retarded.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Well wasn't Bruce deteriorating physically? I have no problem with Batman quitting per se, but it's uncharacteristic of Bruce Wayne, someone who's built so much of Gotham and protects his city, to just leave it without truly integrating a suitable replacement. And to fake his death, well . . . that's just dumb.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:19 pm

HA! In the comics Batman still continued to fight crime even when he was in worse shape. A comic book movie doesn't have to be 100% faithful, but Batman gave up way too easily. Also once Bruce got out of the pit in the film, he became physically healed. The pit is based on the Lazarus Pit, that was the whole point of it.

Nolan focus too much on the action scenes and stupid love triangles instead of THIS...

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo

No. Batman is a mental illness that Bruce suffers. In fact, Bruce is just an identity that Batman uses, so he shouldn't have any desire to retire. What's worse is that it seems he would have retire a lot sooner if it wasn't for Rachel Dawes. And Bruce was only Batman for like a year and half through out the whole trilogy. Like WTF!? He retired way too soon for no good reason other than that he didn't want to continue anymore. That's NOT Batman!

I can except the fact that Batman has a ridiculous voice and isn't as intelligent as he suppose to be, but retiring as such a young age and saying Batman is just a symbol is retarded.

When did I say it wasn't?

All I'm saying is that in The Dark Knight Trilogy, Nolan created his own version of Batman and made him more of a symbol than anything else. Which I'm perfectly fine with, but the actual execution is lackluster and downright lazy.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Yeah, and Joel Schumacher created his own version of Batman as well, so that's okay too. I'm sorry, but it just seems people are okay with this became they see Nolan as some kind of god or something. Which I'm guilty of as well, but there's a limit to it. Nolan made a crap load of changes which I had to except, but making Batman just a symbol was the last straw the broke the camel's back.

Don't get me wrong, I still love The Dark Knight trilogy, but lets not pretend to kiss Nolan's ass on every changes he makes to the Batman mythology. Even people that don't read comics know damn well Batman has a mind of his own.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm not "kissing his ass", but if that makes you happy, whatever.

Again, I'm not saying his version of Batman is perfect, because it isn't. But I can still accept that Nolan had his own vision and ran with it. Especially since it worked well in the 2 previous installments.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm with Rambo on this. I don't have a problem with Batman retiring, but I can't accept that he'd fake his death just to get out of responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:43 pm

That's the thing, Rachel Dawes says Bruce Wayne was just a mask and that Batman was his true identity. Then The Joker tells Batman that they were no different from each other, which is true. But then Nolan completely forgets all about that by the third film. :jackie:

It's as if Nolan ended it that way just so they don't ask him to come back to do a Dark Knight 4.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Mecha wrote:
That's the thing, Rachel Dawes says Bruce Wayne was just a mask and that Batman was his true identity. Then The Joker tells Batman that they were no different from each other, which is true. But then Nolan completely forgets all about that by the third film. :jackie:

It's as if Nolan ended it that way just so they don't ask him to come back to do a Dark Knight 4.

I think it's quite obvious he was going to retire since that's essentially what the entirety of The Dark Knight centered around. Either that, or he would die and someone else would still take over.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Yeah but that's when he finally wanted to settle down with Rachel Dawes and have Harvey Dent replace him. Since they're both dead, what other reason was there for Bruce to retire after a year and a half of being Batman? Surely he could've keep on protecting Gotham a few more years and then retire. What was the point of being Batman in the first place if he was going to retire so soon?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Whether you hate or love the last film in the trilogy, you have to agree. The next director has his work cut out for him.

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 Nolanmeme
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Well obviously Heath Ledger's Joker can't be topped, so the only thing they can really do is... I don't want to say make him more faithful to the comics, but give us classic Joker for the next reboot series.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 am

I didn't mean the Joker, I meant the next person to helm a Batman movie has his work cut out for him. Even if it's close the source.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:28 am

Not really. The reboot will probably be too different to even compare. Not just because it will likely be more faithful to the comics, but it will also have be an original story as well.

What they need to do is go back to the core of the Batman mythology, and focus more on the mental illness theme and tone down the realism as well. The filmmakers should also embrace the fact that Batman is the world's greatest detective and not trying to humanize him like Nolan did. Also they should make Alfred into a former agent for British Intelligence, so that he doesn't get too concerned about Bruce fighting crime every night.

If they can do all that then it has potential to be even better than the Nolan films.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 am

Wasn't Alfred a former military personnel in Nolan's films? I think they explained why he doesn't in TDKR want Bruce to be Batman again by saying that Alfred doesn't want to bury another Wayne, even if he does at the end.... sort of.

I think they will toned down the realism, but not by a lot if they're going to do a JLA film.

It can have the potential, but it also depends on how it's executed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next