Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
Dam_Noir
ArchAngel
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Orion
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Doesn't matter, this is their own interpretation of Batman, and easily by far the best Batman movies.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:14 pm

^^
Says the guy who bitches about Superman for not being like the comics.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Well because Superman is disliked by the general audience, someone has to stand up for him.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Stop confusing me as Yonny. I never said Superman was disliked by the general audience.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Shut up Yonny
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:53 pm

How is Batman out of character? Because he got tricked into a trap? Yeah like that's never happened in the comics or animated series. eye roll Also it's pretty obvious that you guys seem to cancel everything out until Batman's on screen. Alfred tells Bruce that he's not the same Batman that he used to be 8 years ago, that he can't put on the suit and bam. When Batman goes to fight Bane in the sewers he wants to die, that's why Bruce asks him why didn't he just kill him, and Bane responds by telling him he embraces and doesn't fear death. Is he out of character because his Rachel dies? In TDKReturns he's gone for 10 years and it's because a robin dies!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Yes, Batman has fell into traps many times before. But it doesn't work in The Dark Knight Rises, because why the fuck would you trust some bitch who tired to steal from you in the first place? Batman doesn't even trust Superman, let alone Catwoman. You mean to tell me the world's greatest detective honestly didn't see that coming? It doesn't take a genius to know that you shouldn't trust a professional cat burglar at all.

Also fuck Rachel! Bruce was going to give up being Batman over some bitch that has never been in the comics before. Besides, Bruce was going to retire as Batman whether she was dead or alive anyway.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Batman saw good in her! Same reason why he keeps giving her chances throught the movie. She was running from Bane, so he thought she could help him get to Bane. Batman manages to get into traps on his own. In a JL elpisode when All those Supervillains are in the chemical plant and Batman brings back up. That was still a trap from grodd to get all the heroes there. So I guess Batman is stupid on his own. eye roll

So? If Bruce found happiness he would always leave the mantle behind. In Mask of the phantasm he was never going to be Batman and get married until she broke up with him. Not to mention in TDKRises Alfred says that he stop putting on the cowl, but never managed to make a normal life and that Bruce is just waiting for shit to hit the fan so he can be Batman again.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:01 pm

>mid-2013
>still arguing about The Dark Knight Rises
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:02 pm

>18 Years of age
>Still watches Smurfs
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 pm

>was 16 at the time
>watched it once
>hated movie
>doesn't like show either
>Rambo grasping at straws
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:19 pm

@Yonny616

Difference is he wasn't stupid enough to let some criminal lead him to a trap in Justice League, That's the point. Even when Batman was captured in that episode, Batman was still in control that whole time. While in The Dark Knight Rises, he wasn't even prepared in case anything happened. So by trusting Catwoman, he put the whole city at risk. It's out of character and you know it, so quit acting dumb.

I have no problem with Bruce finding happiness, but it was handled kinda sloppy in The Dark Knight Rises. Because why bother becoming Batman at all if Rachel was already there for him? Not to mention, he still gave up being Batman even after Rachel's death. You would think that he would continue crime-fighting even after Rachel's death, but nope. He would rather lock himself inside his mansion, because he's too depress after losing the love of his life. Yep, that SO Batman.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:20 pm

I didn't find TDKR, or the Dark Knight Trilogy in General, to be that good. Their fine movies on their own, but just really bad Batman movies. Whenever I saw him on screen, I didn't see Batman. I just saw some guy dressing up as Batman. When I see The Burton Batman movies, I see Batman. Another problem I have is the Constant telling the audience what is going on instead of showing. The Joker though was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:22 pm

>Defends himself
>Still paid to watch it
>Says Rambo is "Grasping for straws"
>Shrute being butthurt confirmed
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Chobo wrote:
I didn't find TDKR, or the Dark Knight Trilogy in General, to be that good. Their fine movies on their own, but just really bad Batman movies. Whenever I saw him on screen, I didn't see Batman. I just saw some guy dressing up as Batman. When I see The Burton Batman movies, I see Batman. Another problem I have is the Constant telling the audience what is going on instead of showing. The Joker though was pretty good.

You're slowing becoming into one of us MUHAHAHA! >:-)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Tim Burton's Original Batman movie is nowhere near Nolan's The Dark Knight

Butthurt attack incoming in...3...2...1..--
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 pm

The Burton Movies were OK. I'm just saying the had the best Live-Action Batman. It's the Animated stuff like Batman: Mask of the Phantasm that are the best Batman anything ever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Tim Burton's Batman may not be as good as Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight (the first two anyway), but Michael Keaton played a better Batman than Bale.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah, Keaton was a better Batman. Bale was a better Bruce Wayne. I don't know who the hell told Bale his emphysema voice was okay.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:45 pm

I don't blame Bale for not being a perfect Batman. That's mostly the director and and writers fault. Bale could have have been the best Batman ever too.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Bane and Batman's voice were fucking hilarious, every time they spoke the tense atmosphere would get rekt
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:02 pm

@Mecha Yeah, he was stupid enough to himself fall into a trap along with the rest of JL. How was he in control? Everyone was getting their asses kicked and they broke up! Yeah totally in control.

He didn't get with Rachel right away because Gotham NEEDED Batman, that's why in BB and TDK he talks about being with her when Gotham doesn't need Batman anymore. Yeah, he didn't stop being Batman because Rachel died, he stopped having a normal life. He stopped being Batman because of the Dent act, and the fact he was branded a killer, and they had to uphold the lie.

@Chobo How was Keaton a better Batman? Because he was a mute? Because he had the fantasy elements? The only thing Burton's Batman got right was his toys and comical Joker. Batman drops a bomb at the feet of some thugs causing a factory, that most likely has civies working, blow up. Not to mention gets his ass handed to him by some thug, then kills him. Also don't get me started on his abysmal Bruce Wayne or the fact Alfred let Vickie Vale into the Batcave.

@Rambo They're talking from nostalgia.

@Jack Bale originally did a deep voice, like in Begins, it wasn't until the other two where in post-production they made it like that.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Bale's voice was shit and he was a faggot Batman compared to Keaton, get over it kid.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Please elaborate. I agree the growl can get out of hand, but doesn't a COMIC(S) say he talks in a hoarse, grating, growl voice.

Bale Batman > Keaton Batman
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:40 pm

nope comics never said that, and Keaton was just a better Batman.in every conceivable way, you obviously don't know anything about Batman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next