Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming?   Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target

Quote :
News from the UK indicates that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita is selling very poorly. Sources such as Gamasutra note that the game placed 38th out of 40 games, in order of sales, in its opening week.

However, these numbers struck me as somewhat unfair for two reasons. For starters, All-Stars launched in the UK on November 23rd. Weekly sales ceased being counted on November 24th. But perhaps the bigger issue is that All-Stars was also available digitally day one for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and digital downloads are becoming a popular option for PlayStation gamers, especially on the latter platform.

Then again, maybe All-Stars really isn’t selling well. I wanted to get to the bottom of it, so I reached out to Sony to see if they’d comment. When I inquired about rumors of lagging sales for All-Stars, a representative told me that “Sales are right on target with expectations and we are happy with them.”

Of course, what those expectations are remain to be seen, but Sony being “happy” with All-Stars sales so far illustrates a different picture than what the limited data from the UK charts shows. The only other evidence we have to work with is anecdotal: the game is buzzing on PSN and, at least on IGN, it’s also hugely popular.

We’ll have to wait for November NPD numbers, as well as fuller numbers from Europe, before painting the full picture of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s success (or lack thereof).

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming?   Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm going to buy the game in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming?   Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 pm

I am getting it for Christmas, so.......... yeah. Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? 2505020059

38th out of 40 games? Goddamn that is terrible. Another flop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming?   Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Royale Sales Flopping or Booming?
Page 1 of 1