Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study Empty
PostSubject: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 am

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study Gamest10

Quote :
Gamestop has been named the 10th-worst place to work in America, according to a study conducted by the company Glassdoor – an analyst firm that gives employees the chance to rate their workplace.

24/7 Wall Street posted the data collated by Glassdoor, which highlighted Gamestop’s high turnover of staff and states that employees feel that the company values high sales figures over customer service.

Pressure on staff to push customers into pre-ordering games was also a factor, putting them in a position where they may pay for games ahead of release that may end up being rubbish at launch with no room for a refund or compensation.

This is the same company that recently stated that ‘Pre-owned is good for the industry, and doesn’t harm developers’.

Do you shop at Gamestop or a European game retailer? Do you feel pressure to pre-order or trade-in games while shopping? Let us know below.

Thanks GI.Biz.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:09 am

I've pretty much switched to Amazon for everything.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am

Who ever lets a worker at gamestop push you to pre-order a game you really don't know squat about, or don't think you'll like it is a weak willed person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:09 pm

After putting down over 120$ pre ordering Mortal Kombat and Portal 2, that sales jerkoff still asked me if I wanted to pre order other stuff. I just wanted to say, man fuck you, I just gave you half my check, asshole!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 pm

I also love how they only ask you to pre-order the big titles. Like if you buy a fighting game, they don't say, "Oh, well since you're picking up this Street Fighter game, you might wanna check out the upcoming King of Fighters title." No, they're like, "Oh, well since you're picking up this Street Fighter game, I've concluded that you should pre-order Call of Halo: Gears' Creed II: Modern Battlefield 7: Freedom Edition or else I won't scan your Street Fighter game you already paid for."
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:53 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I also love how they only ask you to pre-order the big titles. Like if you buy a fighting game, they don't say, "Oh, well since you're picking up this Street Fighter game, you might wanna check out the upcoming King of Fighters title." No, they're like, "Oh, well since you're picking up this Street Fighter game, I've concluded that you should pre-order Call of Halo: Gears' Creed II: Modern Battlefield 7: Freedom Edition or else I won't scan your Street Fighter game you already paid for."
What a horrible customer service, I swear, I would have beaten the poor guy up if he kept on nagging me about pre-ordering.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
After putting down over 120$ pre ordering Mortal Kombat and Portal 2, that sales jerkoff still asked me if I wanted to pre order other stuff. I just wanted to say, man fuck you, I just gave you half my check, asshole!

TheCinemaJack wrote:

It's their job, man :/ It sucks but they are forced to say shit like this. It also stinks because they are supposed to get a certain amount of pre-orders per month or some shit like that.

That bit about them refusing to scan your game is BS, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 am

Well I was exaggerating that part, lol. I don't blame the employees, I actually like most of the employees at my local GameStop stores. I blame the company policy, not them; you gotta do what you gotta do, and most jobs suck. Thankfully, most of the employees aren't terribly pushy, but corporate tells them to do the whole annoying "Oh, well since you're picking up this Street Fighter game, I've concluded that you should pre-order Call of Halo: Gears' Creed II: Modern Battlefield 7: Freedom Edition or else I won't scan your Street Fighter game you already paid for" schtick.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 am

The guys at my local EBgames/GameStop never ask me if I liked to preorder anything since they pretty much know if there something I want. I would have already got it preorderd. I don't blame them if they ask since it is their job as a sales person and their jobs depends on the number of sales and preorders etc. Anyone in retail other than checkout chicks can tell you that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study   Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamestop: 10th-worst place to work in America, says new study
Page 1 of 1