Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* Empty
PostSubject: Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*   Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* Lastgu11

Quote :
A recent update on Trademarkia says that Team Ico’s long-delayed adventure title The Last Guardian has had the status of its trademark changed to “Abandoned – No Statement Of Use Filed.”

Now, before you start to panic (like much of the internet today), know that this in no way means that The Last Guardian has been cancelled. Instead, it just appears that Sony has, for some unknown reason, decided to not renew the trademark of the game.

Gaming industry gossip Superannuation has a helpful series of tweets on the matter, explaining that Sony could file for extensions of The Last Guardian’s trademark for up to three years after receiving a Notice of Allowance — which essentially sets up a due date for a company to make good on their intent to use a given product — from the United States Patent and Trademark Office. At that point, the company would be forced to prove that the game has been used commercially.

Sony reportedly received this Notice of Allowance for The Last Guardian in January 2010, meaning that they then had until January 2013 to show commercial use. Since the follow-up to Shadow of the Colossus has been stuck in an exceedingly slow development process over the years, it’s not exactly surprising to hear that the game was not likely to make it to market by that time. Ipso facto, the trademark expired.

Of course, there’s also the possibility that Sony has either changed the name of the game and no longer needs the trademark, or that they simply forgot to file their paperwork in time.

As for what happens next, Sony can simply file to appeal or revive the trademark at any time they’d like in the future.

The Last Guardian, a PlayStation 3 exclusive, is without a release date at this time.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*   Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I think they are preparing it for becoming a next gen title.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*   Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 am

i hope it comes out this gen.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*   Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Game looked shit anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*   Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Yet another convincing yet completely idiotic rumor put to rest.
I'm starting to get really worried at the way gaming journalists think nowadays. Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* 2590470549
Quote :
It seems that sometimes, all you need to confirm the status of a long-forgotten game is to say it’s cancelled, dead, or that somebody forgot to renew the trademark.

Thankfully, in the case of The Last Guardian – a game that today had been the subject of much discussion – all is well. Or at least, it’s still very much in development.

According to a couple of US-based journalists on Twitter just now (including Game Informer’s Jim Reilly) a representative for Sony has confirmed that the game is still alive, but that there’s “nothing new to report at this time.”

Chances are Sony just need to reapply for another extension for the trademark and get the game moving along now.

Hopefully we’ll get an official explanation as to what happened, too, given the huge amount of media attention the game has got this evening we’d have hoped for more than just a few words from SCEA’s public relations department.

Source: TheSixthaxis
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*   Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony has abandoned The Last Guardian *RUMOR BUSTED*
Page 1 of 1