Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive! Empty
PostSubject: The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!   The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm hoping they add a model that maybe is a little more expensive that comes with a hard drive. That's the only flaw I see with the console. And no I don't wanna hear anything about externals. The 360 and PS3 are great consoles not only because of their game library, but for digital distribution they provide a good enough amount of storage for you to download all the games you wanna play. Hell even when the systems came out they really didn't have downloadable retail games, but they still had a hard drive. I see no reason Nintendo should leave one out. Especially since most people's arguments for it are "It makes the price go down" however what they don't realize is you're gonna end up spending more money on an external hard drive. So they might as well include one. What do you guys think? P.S. Please no off topic discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!   The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Agreed. This time in age and no hard drive? Nintendo dun goofed. They need to get off this "innovation kool aid" and add some obvious pros to their consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!   The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 pm

The reason the PS3 and 360 had HDD's was because alot of games have mandatory installs. Luckily in the case of the PS3 they use laptop HDD's instead of the proprietary ones the 360 has which means you can get huge amounts of space for cheap on the PS3.

The Wii U lacking a hard drive shows either their games arent going to be very big or they are going to release some proprietary peripheral to nickel and dime gamers.

Fuck Nintendo...biggest sell outs ever.
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!   The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 am

With the rumored 300 dollar price point, it's pretty clear that Nintendo's new console has less value than the 360 and PS3 without a hard drive.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!   The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wii U is Godly aside from one flaw: No hard drive!
Page 1 of 1