Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? Empty
PostSubject: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?   Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:16 am

Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? New-xbox1

Quote :
The next Xbox will be rid of CDs, instead opting to have no disc drive in it at all, a report from MCV this morning is claiming.

The trade site has been told the information by a source under the “the strictest NDA” it has ever signed. It does say that it will offer “compatibility with some sort of interchangeable solid-state card storage”.

It isn’t confirmed if this’ll come as standard or a format similar to SD.

MCV’s also reporting a 2013 launch as we’ve predicted. On its announcement timing, it added it could still be announced at E3 in June, although that is “less clear” now.

On the actual story itself, Microsoft has refused to comment on it, but added in a statement:

“Xbox 360 has found new ways to extend its lifecycle like introducing the world to controller-free experiences with Kinect and re-inventing the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships. We are always thinking about what is next for our platform and how to continue to defy the lifecycle convention.”

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?   Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 am

Well its a rumor so chances are its not true, but

It means that it will be downloadable only just like the PC* and because M$ is only going to offer one service on there platform, it would mean no more getting cheaper deals from other retailers and the used game market is practically over for the nextbox = bad thing

youre also going to need a massive HDD to store all your games at least 1TB

*well some publishers do release a retail pc copy of there games
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?   Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:52 am

If that were true I wouldn't even think about buying it.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?   Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:15 am

The biggest problem is the fact the infrastructure of the Internet on a global scale isn't good enough for this yet.

Also I believe even though they will no longer have the overheads of buying the discs, cases as well as actually printing the games on the discs it will be no cheaper to purchase the downloadable copy, it wouldn't suprise me if it was even more expensive based on the current trends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?   Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013?
Page 1 of 1