Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best ps3 games?

Go down 
+18
Stoney
igame
Franko
D_Homes
nathano333
NoelX2
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Mikenuge
solidstudios
XenoTorment
Hydell
Statronika
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
Orc
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Best ps3 games? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:13 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
D_Homes wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

But he can say what he THINKS is the best game.

Same meaning, different wording Razz

Once again, its not fair to judge a game before playing it...

But he can THINK what looks the best. Still, when I look at two games I judge them by what I saw when I choose between the,

But, you can make many different decisions in your playthrough which affects the outcome of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:31 am

EPICAlan wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GT5? Oh come on...
Killzone slaughters that.
Heavy Rain slaughters it even more.

Well to me replay value is much more important. In a game like GT5 I can log hundreds and hundreds of hours without being bored with the content the game has. In a game like Heavy Rain, one playthrough and that's it.

KZ2 is a different beast. The campaign was so-so. And I haven't touched the multiplayer at all. From what I've been hearing though KZ3 is going to be one of the best (second to Resistance 3!!!) FPSs next year.

Good point but replay value can involve actual replaying. I have probably played several hundred hours in Broken Sword 1, a fairly linear point n click game. The game can be completed in about 30 hours but I've completed it so many times in my life. I imagine I'd do the same with Heavy Rain. Well that's just me Razz

KZ3, Resistance 3, Crysis 2, BAttlefield Bad company 3(?), Rage and Gears 3! next year is the shooters year Razz even moreso for ps3.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Story: Uncharted 2

Multiplayer: Killzone 2

Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Fallout 3 or Dragon Age for me.
Back to top Go down
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Stature : 0
Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:57 am

igame wrote:

Oh god, I despise console RPGs, most of them dont seem to play right. I think they belong on PC (Better graphics, better inventory interface, less buggy, occasional free dlc)
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:42 am

D_Homes wrote:
igame wrote:

Oh god, I despise console RPGs, most of them dont seem to play right. I think they belong on PC (Better graphics, better inventory interface, less buggy, occasional free dlc)

I don't have a gaming PC so i wouldn't know, but yeah i have heard how much better Dragon Age is on PC, but i'm still enjoying the game so damn much, i really have nothing to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Best ps3 games? - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:57 am

D_Homes wrote:
igame wrote:

While most Western RPGs are better on PC, they are more than playable on consoles and are quite good.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:08 pm

D_Homes wrote:
igame wrote:

Well I haven't had a problem with RPG's on consoles, but most games probably would play better on PC. But graphics isn't really a big deal, to me any way.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:25 pm

igame wrote:
D_Homes wrote:
igame wrote:

I don't have a gaming PC so i wouldn't know, but yeah i have heard how much better Dragon Age is on PC, but i'm still enjoying the game so damn much, i really have nothing to complain about.

Yep, you've said it.
I absolutely love Oblivion, it's my favourite game ever, yet I only own it on Xbox 360. The pc version is not only superior but it has mods and is therefore even more superior Razz
But on Xbox 360 it's still the best game I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:22 pm

EPICAlan wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GT5? Oh come on...
Killzone slaughters that.
Heavy Rain slaughters it even more.

Well to me replay value is much more important. In a game like GT5 I can log hundreds and hundreds of hours without being bored with the content the game has. In a game like Heavy Rain, one playthrough and that's it.

KZ2 is a different beast. The campaign was so-so. And I haven't touched the multiplayer at all. From what I've been hearing though KZ3 is going to be one of the best (second to Resistance 3!!!) FPSs next year.

Killzone 2's MP is excellent. In my eyes it's better than CoD. It feels like a warzone with 32 players on the maps and it's camping free. KZ 3 can only be better.

@ JubJub one of your YT videos has nearly half a million views. Very nice. Best ps3 games? - Page 3 2505020059
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Stoney wrote:

@ JubJub one of your YT videos has nearly half a million views. Very nice. Best ps3 games? - Page 3 2505020059

LOL That video? XD that was a couple years ago, my voice was so high Razz that video has made me 350 bucks 8)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:47 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

LOL That video? XD that was a couple years ago, my voice was so high Razz that video has made me 350 bucks 8)

omg that's amazing man!! I've gotta see this vid Razz
the most I've got is 240,000 views I think but I got a total of over a million upload views.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Killzone 2

Resistance FoM was way overated.It really isnt that great
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Killzone 2

Resistance FoM was way overated.It really isnt that great

Go to hell Razz

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

omg that's amazing man!! I've gotta see this vid Razz
the most I've got is 240,000 views I think but I got a total of over a million upload views.

Its REALLY old. Nothing interesting, just a PSN store thing.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 am

I thought Killzone 2's online was good, but i was one of those people that thought the controls could use some tweaking. Close combat consisted of two people dancing round eachother trying to slam their rifles into eachothers faces. And the scopes were pretty much useless, much easier to just shoot from the hip.

And everybody ended up using the assault class for its overpowered health and speed boost and just ran at you and fired a rocket at his feet, killing himself but bagging like three of you in the process...not cool.

From what ive seen and heard the Killzone 3 beta is supposed to be the best shooter alot of people have played so heres hoping it works out.
Back to top Go down
Z
Background Character
Background Character
Z

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Heavy Rain.
I've still yet to platinum it, I'm on like 85% or something.

Also, what is the hype about Uncharted 2? I played like 3 levels of it and quit out of sheer boredom. Guess its a shooter thing.

Last edited by Z on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Double Posting.....read the rules.)
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 am

ok here is the truth 4 me. ps3 has good games but at some point i just get tired of playing them. idk why. 4 me the best ps3 game is demon's souls.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 am

Z wrote:
Heavy Rain.
I've still yet to platinum it, I'm on like 85% or something.

Also, what is the hype about Uncharted 2? I played like 3 levels of it and quit out of sheer boredom. Guess its a shooter thing.

Don't double post, use the edit button its there for a reason.

Signed :
Best ps3 games? - Page 3 3089832172

I agree!!!
Heavy Rain = under-appreciated
Uncharted 2, horribly overrated. I got bored too. It's just a linear shooter and not even a very tight one... nice visuals but that's it.
I second this article:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=282835
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 am

Well certain fans will over rate a series, i.e Halo, Uncharted. But if you love TPS's, great visuals, cinematic experience and amazing dialogue, you should love Uncharted. And why do people complain about a game being linear? Gears of War? Amazing game series. Most if not all Third Person Shooters are linear.

Sour grapes me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Stoney wrote:
Well certain fans will over rate a series, i.e Halo, Uncharted. But if you love TPS's, great visuals, cinematic experience and amazing dialogue, you should love Uncharted. And why do people complain about a game being linear? Gears of War? Amazing game series. Most if not all Third Person Shooters are linear.

Sour grapes me thinks.

I'm not that keen on Gears myself.
But at least you feel like you're playing the game. I found Uncharted just dull. It feels like a Tomb Raider style game but with a single direction.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Demon's Souls

The game is incredible, best RPG this gen by far.

I guess it's still the best PS3 game.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Demon's Souls

The game is incredible, although Mass Effect is way better.

Best ps3 games? - Page 3 2505020059
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 am

mass effect all the way
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:13 am

DarthCueball wrote:
mass effect all the way

This man knows how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:24 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Demon's Souls

The game is incredible, although Mass Effect is way better.

Best ps3 games? - Page 3 2505020059

You know what? I changed my mind, Demon's Souls isn't the best RPG this gen, and Mass Effect 2 is over rated as fuck by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best ps3 games?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next