Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best ps3 games?

Go down 
+18
Stoney
igame
Franko
D_Homes
nathano333
NoelX2
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Mikenuge
solidstudios
XenoTorment
Hydell
Statronika
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
Orc
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Best ps3 games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:46 am

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:

Good. You seem like a Mass effect nerd/fanboy, though.

Mass Effect is my favorite series of all time, but I wouldn't really say Im a nerd. D:

Mass Effect is good, but overrated. ME2 is more like the "SPACE MARINES KILLING" game than an RPG.

I really thought ME1 was underrated, it had amazing story telling aspects, even though there were a lot of technical hiccups. But ME2 dissapointed me, it was more action/adventure and less RPG.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:

Mass Effect is my favorite series of all time, but I wouldn't really say Im a nerd. D:

Mass Effect is good, but overrated. ME2 is more like the "SPACE MARINES KILLING" game than an RPG.

I really thought ME1 was underrated, it had amazing story telling aspects, even though there were a lot of technical hiccups. But ME2 dissapointed me, it was more action/adventure and less RPG.

SAME. ME1 felt like a great PC RPG game to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:57 am

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:

ME2 doesn't touch the awesomeness of ME1.
I'm not a sci fi fan at all but I enjoyed ME1. ME2 I'm on the fence with.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Best ps3 games? - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Heavy Rain
God of War III
inFAMOUS
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
LittleBigPlanet
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:19 pm

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:

Ya, and it was an amazing 360 RPG as well. :scratch:

Best PS3 exclusive? GT5. Best multiplat? Oblivion (until ME2 comes out in a few weeks).
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Demon Souls... ❤ ❤
Im glad the newest game is multiplatform...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
nathano333
Peon
Peon
nathano333

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 pm

i don't own very many. but i would have to say. mirrors edge.
my favorate that i have played but don't own is uncharted series.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:48 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Demon Souls... ❤ ❤

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Exciting stuff Best ps3 games? - Page 2 3128676713
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:10 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Demon Souls... ❤ ❤

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Exciting stuff Best ps3 games? - Page 2 3128676713

But it isn't a true sequal, is it?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:12 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Demon Souls... ❤ ❤

Does it matter?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:13 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Demon Souls... ❤ ❤

Does it matter?

No I was just wondering if it was a true sequel or kind of like just the same universe kind of game.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:15 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Demon Souls... ❤ ❤

Does it matter?

No I was just wondering if it was a true sequel or kind of like just the same universe kind of game.

It's a spiritual sequel. Little is known about the title but I'm willing to be it will take place in the same universe.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:22 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Demon Souls... ❤ ❤

Does it matter?

It's a spiritual sequel. Little is known about the title but I'm willing to be it will take place in the same universe.

Sweet! I will definitely be picking it up.
Back to top Go down
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:33 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

I think the best exclusives on ps3 are Heavy Rain and Demon Souls (which I've never been able to play unfortunately).

Wait, what?

How can you say a game that you've never played is the PS3's best exclusive title?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:47 pm

D_Homes wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

I think the best exclusives on ps3 are Heavy Rain and Demon Souls (which I've never been able to play unfortunately).

Wait, what?

How can you say a game that you've never played is the PS3's best exclusive title?

Judging my what he has seen?
Back to top Go down
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:48 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
D_Homes wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Wait, what?

Oh c'mon man, you can't do that :/

It's not like you would watch the Halo Reach trailer and some game play videos and think its GOTY...
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:56 pm

D_Homes wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
D_Homes wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Wait, what?

It's not like you would watch the Halo Reach trailer and some game play videos and think its GOTY...

Well if he has seen all the major PS3 games, he can say what he thinks would be the best one. Is it truly accurate? No, but its still viable.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:01 pm

D_Homes wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
D_Homes wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Wait, what?

Of course not. But I'm just giving my opinion on what looks coolest in the game library. Best ps3 games? - Page 2 3128676713
Back to top Go down
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:01 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Well if he has seen all the major PS3 games, he can say what he thinks would be the best one. Is it truly accurate? No, but its still viable.

No, his opinion of this title isn't viable. It doesn't matter if he's seen hours of game-play videos or other content. The only way he can have a definitive opinion on the game (especially whether it is GOTY) is if he has played the darn thing. Best ps3 games? - Page 2 3128676713

Ever heard the expression, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" ?
I think that applies here.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:03 pm

D_Homes wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

No, his opinion of this title isn't viable. It doesn't matter if he's seen hours of game-play videos or other content. The only way he can have a definitive opinion on the game (especially whether it is GOTY) is if he has played the darn thing. Best ps3 games? - Page 2 3128676713

Ever heard the expression, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" ?
I think that applies here.

Well obviously your not gonna change your mind. But he can say what he THINKS is the best game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:05 pm

EPICAlan wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:

Ya, and it was an amazing 360 RPG as well. :scratch:

Best PS3 exclusive? GT5. Best multiplat? Oblivion (until ME2 comes out in a few weeks).

GT5? Oh come on...
Killzone slaughters that.
Heavy Rain slaughters it even more.
Back to top Go down
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

But he can say what he THINKS is the best game.

Same meaning, different wording Razz

Once again, its not fair to judge a game before playing it...

OT: I don't have a clear winner in my books, as there are so many great games that offer a wealthy variety of different gaming experiences.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 pm

D_Homes wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

But he can say what he THINKS is the best game.

Same meaning, different wording Razz

Once again, its not fair to judge a game before playing it...

But he can THINK what looks the best. Still, when I look at two games I judge them by what I saw when I choose between the,
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:51 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GT5? Oh come on...
Killzone slaughters that.
Heavy Rain slaughters it even more.

Well to me replay value is much more important. In a game like GT5 I can log hundreds and hundreds of hours without being bored with the content the game has. In a game like Heavy Rain, one playthrough and that's it.

KZ2 is a different beast. The campaign was so-so. And I haven't touched the multiplayer at all. From what I've been hearing though KZ3 is going to be one of the best (second to Resistance 3!!!) FPSs next year.
Back to top Go down
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:59 pm

EPICAlan wrote:
In a game like Heavy Rain, one playthrough and that's it.

You only managed to get one playthrough? Thats surprising.

Didn't you try all the different possible decisions, or try to get the different end games?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best ps3 games?   Best ps3 games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best ps3 games?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next