Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?

Go down 
+5
igame
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Stigma
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? Empty
PostSubject: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:33 pm

It's supposed to be a $99 console that's also completely open to hacking and would allow amateur and indie game developers to make games for it. They asked for $950,000 over kickstarter so they could launch the console by march 2013. They reached their goal in 8 hours. Here are some links so you can read about it yourself.

http://kotaku.com/5924657/an-all+star-plan-to-build-a-new-99-hackable-video-game-console-requires-950000-of-your-money?tag=ouya

http://kotaku.com/5924923/99-ouya-console-just-hit-its-950000-kickstarter-goal-after-just-eight-hours

The idea sounds really good and I hope it succeeds. It won't have the same graphic capabilities as the next gen consoles obviously but graphics don't mean much to me anyways.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 pm

I'll wait until they sell it for free.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'll wait until they sell it for free.

Is there some sort of joke I don't get here?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 pm

This has actually alot of potential for indie developers to shine on consoles. Very interested.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:25 pm

I can't say I'm excited for it now, but it does have the potential to catch my interest at some point if the software is there.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 pm

I am really intrigued by it. It could be a lot of fun. It will be like having a hacked psp... but a full blown console. It just NEEDS MORE STORAGE.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 am

Tablet specs? well it ain't bad for the price, i'm very interested to where it
will go and how it will evolve as people understand it better.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am

Online gameplay will be full of hackers. Could cause a lot of chaos. IDK man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Duke wrote:
Online gameplay will be full of hackers. Could cause a lot of chaos. IDK man.

I'd imagine rooms would have admins who could boot and ban cheaters from the server.
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 pm

No interest.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
There's a simple reason why, the only reason I need to do anything. Because I want to.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
There's a simple reason why, the only reason I need to do anything. Because I want to.

:fuckthat: Kendo you make the forum amazing
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
Well, you can ignore the thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
That would mean I'm not doing what I wanna do. If I wanna post on this thread I can. That's my decision. If you have a problem with what I post then so be it. But I still have the right to post on a thread. According to most of you if you have interest in this new console or in the topic then you can only post in this thread. Where is room for the people who don't like the idea of this console to state their opinions on this console? It sounds like this forum is full of close minded individuals.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
That would mean I'm not doing what I wanna do. If I wanna post on this thread I can. That's my decision. If you have a problem with what I post then so be it. But I still have the right to post on a thread. According to most of you if you have interest in this new console or in the topic then you can only post in this thread. Where is room for the people who don't like the idea of this console to state their opinions on this console? It sounds like this forum is full of close minded individuals.

True but you did not mention your reasons to why you are not interested.

Saying "No interest" is not an opinion.

Hope you got a Kotex, i think you might be on your period.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:21 am

what a stupid idea

if you want to play android games get a phone that supports them

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
You're not even making an opinion on it. Saying that we're close minded, even though there isn't an opinion on it when the comment was posted, makes you look like a complete idiot, which is no surprise I must say.

No interest = I don't give a fuck about it (Not an opinion)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
No interest.

Then why post?
You're not even making an opinion on it. Saying that we're close minded, even though there isn't an opinion on it when the comment was posted, makes you look like a complete idiot, which is no surprise I must say.

No interest = I don't give a fuck about it (Not an opinion)
Very well let me state why I have no interest. I personally believe this is gonna be one of those consoles that come and go just like in the 3-5 gen of gaming. Which if you didn't know those consoles didn't do well. Therefore its safe to say this console won't do well. I don't want a console from a company who's gonna come and go. I want a console that I can be sure will last a few years.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
what a stupid idea

if you want to play android games get a phone that supports them

Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? 1443829230

It's not meant for playing andriod games, it just uses the android os.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?   Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anybody heard of the Ouya Console?
Page 1 of 1