Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
JayMoore
Mecha
Orc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 am

Dam Noir,
That's brilliant. You should see how important MJ is to him in the comics (and vice versa)! This reflects the exact emotion you'd expect from a film adaption.

Here's a couple of photos I've taken to show you.
Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 2ignkp4
Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 2jg57gy

And yes they are from the comics I DON'T OWN and have NEVER read.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:21 am

It's okay for Peter Parker to cry about MJ. But Tobey shows his limitations as an actor when it comes to crying. At least Andrew Garfield is convincing when he cries.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 am

Mecha wrote:
It's okay for Peter Parker to cry about MJ. But Tobey shows his limitations as an actor when it comes to crying. At least Andrew Garfield is convincing when he cries.

Tobey is not convincing how?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am

Bad acting. At least compared to Andrew Garfield anyway.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 am

^
How is that badly acted?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 am

Because Tobey is not good at crying. That scene was suppose to be emotional, but everyone in my theater was laughing when Tobey started crying, I shit you not. That's how bad it is. Even if you disagree, you can't try to justify Tobey's acting over Andrew's.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:49 am

@Lykos, I only posted that vid to point out Tobey Maguire's awful acting skills regards the Twilight comment.

That scene would be more convincing if it was meant to portray someone suffering from constipation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
@Lykos, I only posted that vid to point out Tobey Maguire's awful acting skills regards the Twilight comment.

That scene would be more convincing if it was meant to portray someone suffering from constipation.

Oh so you'd prefer a lack of emotion instead and just a few artificial teardrops running down his face. Yeah I'm sure that would be more convincing.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 am

Lykos wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Oh so you'd prefer a lack of emotion instead and just a few artificial teardrops running down his face. Yeah I'm sure that would be more convincing.

No, just someone who can actually act the part...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am

Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
"Oh dear, nothing I said was "subjective" - Lykos

"Tobey looks as close the comic character as Andy does. Neither are perfect for the role but I believe Tobey had the right personality for it."

"And I did NOT lol once at any single joke in the Webb trailers because Garfield overreacts. Like "oh you've found my weakness, its small knives".... it's silly. More childish than I recall Spider-man being in the comics."

That's not Subjective? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 1443829230

How is his character ruined when he's got ALMOST THE SAME FUCKING PERSONALITY FROM THE COMICS? Yes, he does seem to be a bit of a rebel. Not going to deny that. But, at the same time, he's still the same Wise-cracking, sarcastic, nerd that I, and many others, fell in love with.

Every time Mecha or I bring up our points, you're ignorant enough to complain as to why there are so "few of them". Yet, you keep on bringing up THE SAME FUCKING POINT every single FUCKING TIME.

Also, next time, try not to take "Your opinions" from other people's reviews or articles. Something I've noticed you doing quite often. Quite sad when you can't even back up your own reasoning without resorting to help from elsehwere.

Look I don't want to start arguing over semantics now. It's just losing the whole point here.

Almost the same personality?
Okay

Tobey | Andrew
Goes to lessons on time, seems to be intelligent, academic guy | Skips lessons (not so academic)
Socially awkward, stays out of trouble and works hard | Skateboards, gets into fights before getting spidey powers
Generally quite laid back and chirpy (until third film) | Brooding over his parents all the time
Not as many wisecracks as in the comics | About as many wisecracks as in the comics
Gets bitten in the right place | Gets bitten in the wrong place
Has more accurate suit design | Has really inaccurate suit design
Has a normal looking neck and head (in proportion to body | http://www.thefablife.com/files/2011/07/Spiderman-Andrew-Garfield.jpg
In an action film for guys | In a romantic twilight knock off for girls

And I take my opinions from articles? You think a trailer of a superhero twilight is better than 3 great films by a superb director that has had WAY more awards and is much more well known and is highly regarded in the film industry.

Then again what do you know about film? You just like jumping on the bandwagon of the latest big film. I bet you loved Avatar.

How is it "losing the whole point here", but then, you start trashing my film knowledge, as if that has anything to do with the debate at hand Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 725796345

Also, all those things you listed? Yeah, like him being affected by the fact that his parents aren't around for him? Which, in turn, affects him? Yeah, guess what? THAT HAS AN IMPACT ON HIM AS WELL IN SOME OF THE COMICS. Plus, you listed about several different things. Yet, most of them has NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS CHARACTERISTICS. Like, him getting bitten in his fucking neck. As if that has anything to do with his fucking personality. Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 1443829230

Mate, as ignorant you may be, I really feel sad for you. I told you, you list things from other people's articles. And yet, you've done nothing, at all, to debunk that. All you did was trash my film knowledge, despite me knowing more than you do. Quite sad, actually. Then again, what do you know about debating. Or even film, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:31 am

I don't think you quoting me for saying that we should debate more objectively, and then trying to quote mine and make me appear hypocritical was very relevant to the discussion. Yet again, lets not argue semantics. Stick to the discussion at hand.

I had to start discussing aesthetic aspects of the characters because with just a few trailers, there's little to work on regarding Andrew Garfield's personality in ASM.
Sadly the only positive comment I could give towards Garfield was that he PROBABLY makes more wisecracks, but for all we know those wisecracks in the trailers could be the only ones in the film. So be happy that I actually gave Garfield some credit.

I know some of these aesthetic aspects do not really reflect his personality... but it does show how ASM deviates from the comics, which is exactly what this thread was about in the first place, and exactly what you have ignored and failed to counter at all.

In the comics, the issue surrounding his parents seems to be a lot more minor than ASM would have you believe. It's more like a subplot than a major plotline. And it does not affect Peter's personality as such in the comics, so why should it in the film? Yet again, you emphasises earlier how you detest the way Raimi didn't have the webshooters, therefore we don't see Peter's scientific prowess, nerdiness and intelligence. BUT yet again you ignored the fact that I countered this comment by mentioning how Webb made Peter a little rebellious punk that 1.Skateboards, 2.Gets in fights, 3.Skip lessons BEFORE getting bitten by a spider. Doesn't sound like a nerdy, socially awkward, wimpy, intelligent Peter that Raimi & Tobey nailed.

"As ignorant you may be, I feel sorry for you"

Ah wonderful denial.

" I told you, you list things from other people's articles. And yet, you've done nothing, at all, to debunk that."

But that's backing up my points, is it not? Why should I defend myself to some blunt argument with no weight nor relevance?

"All you did was trash my film knowledge, despite me knowing more than you do. "
"Then again, what do you know about debating. Or even film, for that matter."

Oh right, so you've seen my qualifications? My A-Levels and degrees? Have you watched everything from early silent cinema to experimental/avant garde cinema? Are you taking a film degree? I simply made an off-handed remark about the way you jumped on the bandwagon simply because it's a new trailer. There is no excuse for claiming a film is superior to others simply based upon a few minutes of it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:57 am

Alright, fair enough, mate.

We've been going on for far too long now, and despite it being lulz, I see no point in continuing on. Seeing as we all are, exactly, where we started.

Have you watched everything from early silent cinema to experimental/avant garde cinema? Are you taking a film degree? - Lykos

Yes, I, actually, have. All of those things. I'm even more of an old-school film fan, than anything else. (Citizen Kane, Vertigo.)

Also, I'm taking a film education next year as TV-Photographer, then Film School as a Director. Already am done as Film/TV-asisstant late this year. Worked for 2 years now. Going to work for 5 years straight starting next year. Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am

Fair play.
Nicely done.
It has been lols.
But cool okay.
We'll continue this discussion when we've seen ASM anyway right? I love you

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 15h9q8
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:54 am

Fuck yeah, we are. I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Y'all ghey niggas.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Y'all ghey niggas.

Weak.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Just lock this fucking thread...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Franko wrote:
If I get $100 for every time you said that, I'd be a millionaire.
And besides, the debate didn't end now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Stoney wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Y'all ghey niggas.

Weak.
wat
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:39 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Franko wrote:

Yeah Sure... Keep thinking that kiddo.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Franko wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Franko wrote:

He wouldn't be a millionaire, but he'd probably have a few hundred bucks. Maybe a thousand. Razz
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:08 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Franko wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Franko wrote:

He wouldn't be a millionaire, but he'd probably have a few hundred bucks. Maybe a thousand. Razz
$1500

Franko wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Franko wrote:

Shouldn't you be the kiddo?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 am

Franko wrote:

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 Tumblr31
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Franko wrote:

If I got $100 anytime someone said any phrase I'd be a millionaire. Hence why you say if I got a quarter or a penny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4