Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
JayMoore
Mecha
Orc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 am

@JayMoore

lol again, focusing on the changes rather then the accuracy of the character. Why am I not surprised? eye roll If you're going to be that nitpicky, you might as well nitpick about Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man. Oh but wait! You guys can't do that because you're all on the guy's dick. Andrew Garfield obviously is more faithful to the character compare to Tobey, whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

Stature : 18
London

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 am

@The dude with the Emma Stone photo

From the trailers there are loads of things that deviate from the original character which has been brought up countless times on this thread. If things have been changed about Peter Parker in the ASM, then does that not change the accuracy of the character? Therefore our arguments are valid are they not? We have stated changes and some inaccuracy of Maguire's interpretation of the character whilst also defending his greatness. Dude with the Emma Stone photo, this is something you've failed to do with our problems with Andy Garfield.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
1. @Lykos, like I said: I'd have been fine with it had she not appeared, at all. That way, despite it not being canon, the storyline still makes sense. But then, Raimi just THROWS HER IN THE STORY OUT OF NOWHERE, acting as if she's always been around. Which just screws up his established storyline.

Also, Mary Jane the real romantic relationship? WUT?
You do realize Spidey loved Gwen Stacy more than he did with Mary Jane, and as far as I remember, the only reason he even started falling for her, was really more because of his loss. The loss of Gwen Stacy. Mary Jane was more of trust-comfort than anything else.

you mentioned my examples as well. And yes, you had already mentioned the first two. But again, THEY ARE EXAMPLES, nothing else. Here, since you seem to be turned on by them:

1.1 New Goblin is a fabricated character. Yes, Harry turns into a Goblin, but that's HOB GOBLIN. Who's also, NOTHING ALIKE NEW GOBLIN.

1.2. Everyone in Raimi's universe ends up knowing Peter Parker's secret identity. In the comics, Gwen was the only one who ever found out about him being Spidey.

1.3 Spidey's parents are NEVER EVEN MENTIONED IN RAIMI'S UNIVERSE. Do you even know how big of a deal that is? It's an important aspect to who he is. And who he becomes.

Again, these are EXAMPLES. Not every major thing. Sadly, I don't believe there's enough paper to write all of it down.

2. I'm just going to skip this part. Considering there's nothing to argue with here.

3. Since I listed examples (Seen above), I really don't have much to talk about here. But first and foremost, can you honestly tell me that Spidey getting BITTEN IN A DIFFERENT AREA, is a bigger deal than to exclude his parents? Or, that him skating, is a bigger alteration than him not being a sarcastic wise-ass?

Also, if you think it's only fair to compare when the entire trilogy is done and made, what's the point of your entire thread, and every single one of your arguments? I mean, it isn't fair to compare, right?

Next time, when you're about to lose a debate, try not to call in your friend to just randomly defend you.

Nah because she's not used as a romantic attraction. She's not made a major character suddenly, she's still treated as a minor character.

Mate these are FILMS. How many films do you expect them to make, 3 with Gwen Stacy and then one without anyone, then another 3 or 4 with Mary Jane?
I doubt, if Raimi continued, he would have made more than 4 spidey films. A tv series would be a different thing, but the fact is it would cheapen the experience if you had relationship after relationship in a few films. It's alright if you have 20 or 30 comics between the two relationships but one film apart? It gives the wrong impression of the character. And mate Mary Jane's around for longer, whether you like her or not, she's more important.

Yet again, this is the third film. I'm not entirely defending that film. I am defending the first mainly because we are dealing with the first Amazing Spiderman film, are we not? But now that you mention it what is the problem with new goblin? The new outfit? LOL for someone who doesn't care about them ruining Spidey's, the PROTAGONIST's, outfit you seem to be mad about a minor character's outfit.

Actually some people in the subway train know he's spidey and so does Aunt May, Harry, Maryjane and some of the antagonists. That's not EVERYONE.

Yeah they didn't mention his parents really, but it's better than making it the most important aspect of the film which they seem to be doing in Amazing Spiderman and focusing on it so much that they make him a kid who is, ironically, depressed and brooding the whole time.

Not being a sarcastic wise-ass? HAHA this is where you fall flat. Watch the three spidey films. Do it. Have a shot of beer every time he makes a sarcastic or wise-crack or joke. You'll be drunk before you get midway. He has loads!

I firmly agree it's not fair to compare until at least we have both seen Amazing Spiderman. BUT seeing as you and others are already happy to write off Raimi's films as inferior BEFORE even seeing more than 10 minutes of ASM in total, I thought I'd beat you at your own game. Make you realize how stupid it is to draw your conclusions already.

HAHA I didn't call in my friend. I simply told him I was debating about spiderman and how you're ignorantly comparing a trailer to 3 full length films and it was his own decision to come by and debunk your fail statements. I didn't even know he was online today until I saw his posts. But why don't you want my friend here, is it because you can't stand beng owned by not one but TWO people?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 am

@JayMoore

No. It's about who's more accurate to the character. Also you didn't bring up any inaccuracies of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man. You're saying both are inaccurate, yet you believe Tobey Maguire is the superior Spider-Man? I know it's your opinion, but you guys are trash talking Andrew Garfield when he is more accurate to the character. He's wise-cracking, has web-shooters, hell he even looks and has Peter Parker's persona for christ sake. If you really grew up with Spider-Man as you claim then you would know this.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 am

Tobey is wisecracking. I'd go through the film and list all his jokes and wisecracks but it would take too fucking long. No he hasn't got the webshooters but he got bitten by the spider in the right place and got his spidey outfit right. Peter looked different in the different series of the comics and in none of them did he have a head shape that look remotely as odd as Andrew's. As for the persona, do I really have to go over the punky rebellious thing again?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:00 am

If your friend came over here to "destroy my argument", how come he isn't even saying anything to me? Lykos, stop lying and quit the smart-ass attitude.

Also, they could easily have Gwen Stacy in the first film. Kill her off, show Spidey being sad about in the second one. And then, right before the second film ends, we're introduced to Mary Jane. Go figure.

Mate, how am I being"DESTROYED"? You're the one making a fool of yourself. And since when did I talk about the fucking costume? Oh right, I DIDN'T. Stop acting like a child, and grow up.

Pal, I'm not basing this off of TRAILERS. I know that's what you'd love to think. But no, I'm basing this off Reviews. In which, if you hadn't noticed, The Amazing Spider-man is getting big praise and currently stands at 91%. That's saying something.

I don't mind your friend being here. Neither did I ever say that I did. Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I merely find it amusing that after I owned your entire argument, your friend just popped out of nowhere and started defending your sorry ass.

Lykos, how is excluding Spidey's parents any fucking better, you tool? Again, you're mostly stating your own OPINION (Which is a dumb opinion at that).

Also, this works both ways, if I can't say The Amazing Spider-Man is more true to the comics, ' cause I haven't seen it, then neither can you say it isn't true to the comics.

Nice way to destroy the entire point of your fucking thread, mate.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 am

Mecha is also debating. I guess Jay's gone for him while I'm dealing with you.
:)

That's right, throw in a character for the hell of it. That's right, only has to be there for one film even though she's in the comics till like 120 something or whatever.
I'm sure you wouldn't complain THEN that it's not true to the comics would you?

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-amazing-spider-man
76, not 91. And I'm the one who's lying BAHAHAHA
Spiderman 2 got 83.
Either way reviews aren't important. Especially since this thread is NOT about which is better, but rather which is more true to the comics. Also critics don't always know best. I best most of them haven't even read the comics anyway, so it's funny that you'd be so quick to bring reviews to the argument, when if the reviews were bad you'd ignore them and find some other way of arguing.
And the answer to which is better is Raimi. Because his films are actually, oh I don't know... RELEASED. I don't think about 10 minutes of footage (about all we have from Amazing Spiderman) is more faithful than that.

So yeah how, in a debate about how faithful the film is, are reviews helping you?

You owned my entire argument?! HAHA no.. you merely RESPONDED to it, attempting to debunk my statements with no valid reasoning, which I then responded to and debunked.

Like I said, sure they could have included more stuff involving his parents, but hey that's one deviation and I have already mentioned several from ASM. Furthermore maybe Raimi had plans to do that later on? It's not massively important anyway. You don't read spiderman to find out about his parents.

"Also, this works both ways, if I can't say The Amazing Spider-Man is more true to the comics, ' cause I haven't seen it, then neither can you say it isn't true to the comics."

Exactly... Well done.

Collect your reward https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/03/17/47/70db4f10.jpg

Last edited by Lykos on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 am

@Lykos

Tobey wasn't wise-cracking enough though. The Amazing Spider-Man trailer had more wise-cracks than all of the three movies combined. Whether you like it or not, web-shooters are important. Also yeah sliver raised webs was so like in the comic books.

As for Andrew Garfield's head, you can make fun of him all you want, he still looks and acts more like Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:34 am

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/ 91%

Now, who's lying? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 725796345

I would have responded to your points, right until you pulled the "DERP DERP TROLL DERP DERP" excuse that you pull every time you lose a fucking debate. Like a small child.

Also, how is the presence of Peter's parents not important, you fucking dumbass?

Do you seriously believe that people who are fucking CHOSEN TO REVIEW A SPECIFIC COMIC BOOK MOVIE, doesn't even read the damn comics? You have to be the most ignortant child around here Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 1443829230

You didn't debunk anything. you just pulled the Troll excuse, making yourself look dumber.

Mate, next time you're trying to debate, make sure you have some knowledge about it. Before wasting your life on shit you don't know.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 am

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 25092710
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 am

Lykos wrote:
"Also, this works both ways, if I can't say The Amazing Spider-Man is more true to the comics, ' cause I haven't seen it, then neither can you say it isn't true to the comics."

Exactly... Well done.

No offense, but who was it who actually started this thread claiming The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't as true to the comics in the first place...

You just admitted you don't know whether it will be or not so isn't this whole thread just a waste of time until the movie is released?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/ 91%

Now, who's lying? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 725796345

I would have responded to your points, right until you pulled the "DERP DERP TROLL DERP DERP" excuse that you pull every time you lose a fucking debate. Like a small child.

Also, how is the presence of Peter's parents not important, you fucking dumbass?

Do you seriously believe that people who are fucking CHOSEN TO REVIEW A SPECIFIC COMIC BOOK MOVIE, doesn't even read the damn comics? You have to be the most ignortant child around here Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 1443829230

You didn't debunk anything. you just pulled the Troll excuse, making yourself look dumber.

Mate, next time you're trying to debate, make sure you have some knowledge about it. Before wasting your life on shit you don't know.

Ahh didn't think about Rotten Tomatoes. But that's the same place that gave Along Came A Spider like 30/100 or something ridiculous. Critics are irrelevant here. But if you're determined to get the opinion of people who should know this shit... let's call in Jonathan Ross. You may know him as the UK's biggest comic (and spiderman) fan. Possibly one of the biggest comic collectors and fans ever. Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 Article-0-04e7d741000005dc-30_468x351

I think he knows more about the spiderman universe than you and is more likely to have a better opinion on the film considering he has actually seen it.

"meh. 6/10. Seen it."
"Lizard cgi pretty bad. Reminded me of Ang Lee period Hulk...script not good. Costume weird. Just uninspired."
"Its not AWFUL. Just not that good."
"I have seen it. Thats what i'm talking about.."

Please refer to his twitter if you don't believe.

I'm not really trolling. Well.. it depends. I knew from the start that this argument is entirely stupid because you cannot judge a film from a trailer.
BUT
you guys were all doing it.
So I thought I would do the same but from another standpoint. And look how upset you get. Damn the amount of mad, is too damn high.

"Do you seriously believe that people who are fucking CHOSEN TO REVIEW A SPECIFIC COMIC BOOK MOVIE, doesn't even read the damn comics? You have to be the most ignortant child around here Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 1443829230"

No... they often aren't. When you become a critic, you just review. Yeah you'll be expected to do background research, but previous superhero films diverged from the comics a lot so to them it wouldn't matter if the films different. And I'm older to you and more intelligent than you I love you therefore only I have the right to call you a child.

Peter's parent's presence aren't important as much as it isn't important how Peter is a rebel that skateboards, how peter gets in fights and skips lessons before ever getting the powers, as it isn't important that Gwen Stacy knows he's Spidey (also couldn't help but notice earlier you say she's supposed to know... if you read the comics you'd know that SHE DIES WITHOUT EVER KNOWING...You've proved that you yourself don't know the source material, stop pretending to be a fan when you clearly know jack shit), and it isn't important that spideys outfit looks retarded...

Stop being hypocritical. If you can't embrace Raimi's changes why can you so easily embrace Webb's?

And are you that retarded? You think that trollface was implying I was trolling you this entire time? Lolno, it's because I congratulated you for saying how this argument is stupid. I've known that the entire time. The whole point is that I am arguing on your own terms.
Let me put it simply for you because you don't seem to understand.

You can make judgements with just a few minutes of a film you haven't seen. So I am doing the same back to you.

I'm beating you at your own game.

But what's the point, you've proven that you know nothing about the spider-man universe. End of.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 am

Seriously Lykos? You were the one who brought up the reviews in the first place. Now you're saying it's irrelevant once Rambo brought up the Rotten Tomatoes score? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am

Mecha wrote:
Seriously Lykos? You were the one who brought up the reviews in the first place. Now you're saying it's irrelevant once Rambo brought up the Rotten Tomatoes score? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 1443829230

I brought up reviews did I? Check again. Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

Lykos are you fucking retarded? Please re-read my post.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

^
RamboSucksRedBalls wrote:
Pal, I'm not basing this off of TRAILERS. I know that's what you'd love to think. But no, I'm basing this off Reviews. In which, if you hadn't noticed, The Amazing Spider-man is getting big praise and currently stands at 91%. That's saying something.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Yet, you're the one who brought up that review with the lame Twilight comparison not too long ago.

Oh and BTW...

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 Hairco11

Yeah, Andrew Garfield looks absolutely nothing like Peter Parker.

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 11832010

Tobey Maguire was so wise-cracking in the Sam Raimi films.

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 Filesp10

Web-Shooters are so unimportant.

Andrew Garfield sucks for being more faithful to the character. Good thing Tobey isn't anything like Peter Parker in the comic books. He's just brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Oh jesus christ. Completely irrelevant to this discussion, Mecha.

Hahaha wait the argument I used against you on the chatbox you are now using against me. I believe it was YOU who originally said that Tobey looked nothing like Peter Parker. And I was like "which one, there have been loads of different kinds". Well done for taking my point and putting it against me lol.

Mate I've read quite a few Spidey comics, that is a rare occasion where he laughs loads. That isn't even a wisecrack, that's just him laughing.

Off the top of my head here are some little wisecracks and jokes, sarcasm and whatnot which Spidey says in the first or second film (cant remember)

"I missed the part where that's my problem."
"I'm back! I'm back! *SMASH* My back. My back..."
"That's a cute outfit. Did your husband give it to you?"
"Change? Yep. big change."
"It's you who's out, Gobbie. Out of your mind."
"Uh... Work out... Plenty of rest... You know, eat your green vegetables..."
"it rides up in the crotch a little bit, too."
When Doc Ock says hes getting on his nerves "I have a knack for that."

There are actually quite a lot when you count them. Just watch the film and you'll see humor every few minutes..

Yes I do realize the web shooters were in the comics. But they weren't an important detail. It changes nothing of his character by not having them.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 pm

And locked.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 pm

The Raimi films (barring the first one) don't suck because they're inaccurate. They suck because Tobey Maguire is a little bitch, the villains are all laughable (Willem Dafoe is the only one who manages to be entertaining), and the drama works on zero levels because of how one-dimensional the characters are.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Y'know what...i'm going to unlock this cos i just read the last page and its class watching you guys bitch over spiderman XD
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:59 pm

God dammit Reaper! Are you trolling me!? I was half done with writing this long ass post on this new thread I was making. Then all of a sudden you unlocked this thread just now? -__________________-

Well, at least the thread is unlocked again I guess...
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Write it again then, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 pm

@Lykos

Tobey looks like none of the Peter Parkers from the comic books or cartoons even.

Also you call those wise-cracks? Can honestly sit there and tell me you're actually satisfy with them? The wise-cracks weren't even clever enough, and it takes more than just to say a few one-liners. Spider-Man is basically a troll who likes to mock his enemies. If you find the wise-cracks funny in the Raimi films then you must have lol'd in The Amazing Spider-Man trailer. If not, then you have a bad sense of humor.

As for the web-shooters, I already told you many times what makes them so important. They show how intelligent Peter really is, by creating them and seeing him get himself out of these situations without relaying on them all the time. Which makes for an very interesting plot line.

You may have read a few of the comic books, but you do not understand the character of Spider-Man at all. It's as if you only read the the comic books for it's colorful pages.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Tobey looks as close the comic character as Andy does. Neither are perfect for the role but I believe Tobey had the right personality for it. Looking back at Spidey 2, yeah it could have had a few more wisecracks, 1 seemed to have more, but they were still there. And from what I've heard, a lot of the ones in Amazing Spider-man fall flat on their face.

In the comics Peter's wisecracks aren't that great mate. They are often one-liners and nothing spectacular. You're really over-focusing on a very minor thing.
He's not the Joker. He's Spider-man. He might be young and occasionally a bit immature, but ultimately you care about how he fights the enemies with his super powers.
And I did NOT lol once at any single joke in the Webb trailers because Garfield overreacts. Like "oh you've found my weakness, its small knives".... it's silly. More childish than I recall Spider-man being in the comics.

Bad sense of humour? Is that not subjective?

If you think it's important to see how intelligent Peter is then why aren't you pissed off that Webb makes Peter this rebel that misses class, gets in fights and skateboards? lol It's entirely out of character. At least Raimi made Peter seem very academic and your typical quiet, socially awkward nerd that just gets down to work.

On that note of only reading it for its colourful pages... you are quick to assume Amazing Spider-man will be good from a few minutes of trailer. If anything it is YOU who is attracted to the superficial stuff and not prepared to be open-minded.
And I read through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was a kid. I'm not just attracted to "colourful pages" but I like depth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next