Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
JayMoore
Mecha
Orc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Sexton_Flashheart wrote:
Y'know what...i'm going to unlock this cos i just read the last page and its class watching you guys bitch over spiderman XD

I'm glad you understand what I was trying to tell you last night! Nice one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Lykos wrote:
Tobey looks as close the comic character as Andy does. Neither are perfect for the role but I believe Tobey had the right personality for it. Looking back at Spidey 2, yeah it could have had a few more wisecracks, 1 seemed to have more, but they were still there. And from what I've heard, a lot of the ones in Amazing Spider-man fall flat on their face.

In the comics Peter's wisecracks aren't that great mate. They are often one-liners and nothing spectacular. You're really over-focusing on a very minor thing.
He's not the Joker. He's Spider-man. He might be young and occasionally a bit immature, but ultimately you care about how he fights the enemies with his super powers.
And I did NOT lol once at any single joke in the Webb trailers because Garfield overreacts. Like "oh you've found my weakness, its small knives".... it's silly. More childish than I recall Spider-man being in the comics.

Bad sense of humour? Is that not subjective?

If you think it's important to see how intelligent Peter is then why aren't you pissed off that Webb makes Peter this rebel that misses class, gets in fights and skateboards? lol It's entirely out of character. At least Raimi made Peter seem very academic and your typical quiet, socially awkward nerd that just gets down to work.

On that note of only reading it for its colourful pages... you are quick to assume Amazing Spider-man will be good from a few minutes of trailer. If anything it is YOU who is attracted to the superficial stuff and not prepared to be open-minded.
And I read through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was a kid. I'm not just attracted to "colourful pages" but I like depth.

So, when Mecha brings a point it doesn't count ' cause it's "subjective". Yet, you see all that huge blue line? Yeah, that's called SUBJECTIVE.

Also, I find it funny that you use the same arguments as to why it's not true to the comics: "DERP DERP He's a Rebel DERP DERP", but then, whenever Mecha or I bring up OUR OWN POINTS, you're easy to disclaim them and just say: "Is that it? Is that all you got? So few points?" :derp:

Lykos, I am only following by your rules. So, don't be mad, I'm just beating you at your own game.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 pm

@Lykos

I'm almost conviced that you don't know shit about the character at all. It seems you mostly grew up with the Tobey version and brain washed you into thinking that's how Spider-Man is suppose to be.

Spider-Man is more than just a guy fighting villains with super powers. If that's all you see in the character then that just proves my point. If I wanted to see a superhero just fight bad guys, I would read a Superman comic instead. Spider-Man isn't like other superheroes, he's not that powerful at all. When Spider-Man is in battle, he relies on his wit and intelligence to fight his enemies. His super powers is just a bonus.

And yes, wise-cracks is important. It's part of Spider-Man's humor. Which plays a big part in the comic books, whether you like it or not. Also being a rebel has nothing to do with intelligence and being socially awkward.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:30 pm

The Tobey Maguire movies Spiderman never won with just his powers, he did use intelligence to take down his enemies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:43 pm

@Teckno

But it's not done cleverly like in the comic books though. I know I sound like I'm nitpicking, but it's true. It's like Sam Raimi had his heart in the right place, but couldn't put things together well on paper.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm

This is lol.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 pm

I like how you guys are arguing over who is the better Spidey, as if that is what makes one movie better than the other Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 pm

@Greg Jennings

It does actually.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:57 pm

^^

You're right, the execution of the plot, animation, supporting characters doesn't matter at all.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:03 am

@Greg Jennings

This isn't The Avengers. The main focus of the movie is Spider-Man. If you can't get the character right then you can't get the story right either.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 am

^^

But Spiderman 1 was a pretty good movie and according to you guys, the character wasn't accurate.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

lol Sonji got y'all there. He put Spider-Man on his back.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 am

@Greg Jennings

Well if you don't read the comic books, it's pretty easy to ignore some of the inaccuracies. But because Tobey wasn't all that faithful to the character, the reboot shouldn't have too much trouble topping the original.

Problem with that is, people who grew up with Tobey and never read the comic books aren't going to see it that way. Which is sad because the movie is more accurate to the comic books. Well, it's not THAT accurate, but everything that made Spider-Man (NOT Tobey) a great character for the past 50 years is in this movie.

Oh and don't listen to Lykos, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

But Spiderman 1 was a pretty good movie and according to you guys, the character wasn't accurate.

Except: We're not arguing which film is BETTER, only which one is truer to the comics.

Even with that said, Spider-Man 1 was only a decent film, and I'd imagine The Amazing Spider-Man to be better, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Tobey looks as close the comic character as Andy does. Neither are perfect for the role but I believe Tobey had the right personality for it. Looking back at Spidey 2, yeah it could have had a few more wisecracks, 1 seemed to have more, but they were still there. And from what I've heard, a lot of the ones in Amazing Spider-man fall flat on their face.

In the comics Peter's wisecracks aren't that great mate. They are often one-liners and nothing spectacular. You're really over-focusing on a very minor thing.
He's not the Joker. He's Spider-man. He might be young and occasionally a bit immature, but ultimately you care about how he fights the enemies with his super powers.
And I did NOT lol once at any single joke in the Webb trailers because Garfield overreacts. Like "oh you've found my weakness, its small knives".... it's silly. More childish than I recall Spider-man being in the comics.

Bad sense of humour? Is that not subjective?

If you think it's important to see how intelligent Peter is then why aren't you pissed off that Webb makes Peter this rebel that misses class, gets in fights and skateboards? lol It's entirely out of character. At least Raimi made Peter seem very academic and your typical quiet, socially awkward nerd that just gets down to work.

On that note of only reading it for its colourful pages... you are quick to assume Amazing Spider-man will be good from a few minutes of trailer. If anything it is YOU who is attracted to the superficial stuff and not prepared to be open-minded.
And I read through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was a kid. I'm not just attracted to "colourful pages" but I like depth.

So, when Mecha brings a point it doesn't count ' cause it's "subjective". Yet, you see all that huge blue line? Yeah, that's called SUBJECTIVE.

Also, I find it funny that you use the same arguments as to why it's not true to the comics: "DERP DERP He's a Rebel DERP DERP", but then, whenever Mecha or I bring up OUR OWN POINTS, you're easy to disclaim them and just say: "Is that it? Is that all you got? So few points?" :derp:

Lykos, I am only following by your rules. So, don't be mad, I'm just beating you at your own game.

Oh dear, nothing I said was "subjective". Opinion is subjective, yes, but when we talk about enjoyment, humour and spontaneous responses, that is a different realm of subjective. We are arguing opinions for the most part, yes BUT they are in an objective light. You are very ignorant to not see that.

Yes I make my points but YOU TOO disclaim them because apparently the fact that Peter's personality is ruined doesn't matter when it's at the hands of Webb.

Checkmate.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 am

"Oh dear, nothing I said was "subjective" - Lykos

"Tobey looks as close the comic character as Andy does. Neither are perfect for the role but I believe Tobey had the right personality for it."

"And I did NOT lol once at any single joke in the Webb trailers because Garfield overreacts. Like "oh you've found my weakness, its small knives".... it's silly. More childish than I recall Spider-man being in the comics."

That's not Subjective? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 1443829230

How is his character ruined when he's got ALMOST THE SAME FUCKING PERSONALITY FROM THE COMICS? Yes, he does seem to be a bit of a rebel. Not going to deny that. But, at the same time, he's still the same Wise-cracking, sarcastic, nerd that I, and many others, fell in love with.

Every time Mecha or I bring up our points, you're ignorant enough to complain as to why there are so "few of them". Yet, you keep on bringing up THE SAME FUCKING POINT every single FUCKING TIME.

Also, next time, try not to take "Your opinions" from other people's reviews or articles. Something I've noticed you doing quite often. Quite sad when you can't even back up your own reasoning without resorting to help from elsehwere.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 am

@Lykos

You haven't made any points at all. All you do is nitpick about Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. You have yet to even bring up as to why Tobey Maguire is better for the role. At least we are able to actually defend Andrew Garfield.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Lykos is being lol right now. Objective opinions. Ain't no such thing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 Page210
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Man, only 2 days more till AWESOMENESS!!

Also, shouldn't this be in the Debate Section?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:40 pm

2 more days til the the world finally sees the REAL web-slinger :-)
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:20 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Also, shouldn't this be in the Debate Section?
No, cause it was originally a rant started by Lykos, then it turned into a debate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:40 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
"Oh dear, nothing I said was "subjective" - Lykos

"Tobey looks as close the comic character as Andy does. Neither are perfect for the role but I believe Tobey had the right personality for it."

"And I did NOT lol once at any single joke in the Webb trailers because Garfield overreacts. Like "oh you've found my weakness, its small knives".... it's silly. More childish than I recall Spider-man being in the comics."

That's not Subjective? Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 1443829230

How is his character ruined when he's got ALMOST THE SAME FUCKING PERSONALITY FROM THE COMICS? Yes, he does seem to be a bit of a rebel. Not going to deny that. But, at the same time, he's still the same Wise-cracking, sarcastic, nerd that I, and many others, fell in love with.

Every time Mecha or I bring up our points, you're ignorant enough to complain as to why there are so "few of them". Yet, you keep on bringing up THE SAME FUCKING POINT every single FUCKING TIME.

Also, next time, try not to take "Your opinions" from other people's reviews or articles. Something I've noticed you doing quite often. Quite sad when you can't even back up your own reasoning without resorting to help from elsehwere.

Look I don't want to start arguing over semantics now. It's just losing the whole point here.

Almost the same personality?
Okay

Tobey | Andrew
Goes to lessons on time, seems to be intelligent, academic guy | Skips lessons (not so academic)
Socially awkward, stays out of trouble and works hard | Skateboards, gets into fights before getting spidey powers
Generally quite laid back and chirpy (until third film) | Brooding over his parents all the time
Not as many wisecracks as in the comics | About as many wisecracks as in the comics
Gets bitten in the right place | Gets bitten in the wrong place
Has more accurate suit design | Has really inaccurate suit design
Has a normal looking neck and head (in proportion to body | http://www.thefablife.com/files/2011/07/Spiderman-Andrew-Garfield.jpg
In an action film for guys | In a romantic twilight knock off for girls

And I take my opinions from articles? You think a trailer of a superhero twilight is better than 3 great films by a superb director that has had WAY more awards and is much more well known and is highly regarded in the film industry.

Then again what do you know about film? You just like jumping on the bandwagon of the latest big film. I bet you loved Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 am

Lykos wrote:
You think a trailer of a superhero twilight is better than 3 great films
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:00 am

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 Im-the10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi   Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webb is so much truer to teh comics than raimi
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next