Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time

Go down 
+12
Hydell
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
Dam_Noir
Angelus
NoelX2
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Archduke
RamboOnRedBull
Based Sonji
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Okay, I admit that Uncharted 3's story has it's flaws. But the character development and emotions make up for it. I mean, people can no longer call Drake a shallow character after playing Uncharted 3. The story was also more personal than in Uncharted 2. It wasn't just about treasure hunting, there was more to it than that. Drake is actually being a real hero than he ever did in the first two games. You actually feel like the characters were in real danger, and the game had a better combination of cut scenes and gameplay. Like for example, when you had to run around in Arabia high or walking through the deserts for a good few minutes.

I can go on, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

@Yonny616

Yeah, that one single set-piece was unnecessary. Doesn't make up for the whole game, though.

All you're doing is pointing out flaws of UC3, without looking at the plus'es. I could do the exact same thing with UC2. Like; The typical Cliché-ish villain, Nathan Drake's poor character development, the typical treasure hunting storyline, etc.

Also, what's up with people complaining about UC3 re-using UC2's moments? UC2 re-used moments from Drake's fortune as well.

Spoiler:

Again, they both have their own flaws, respectively so. But when all comes down to it, UC3 is better made than uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:45 pm

@Greg I disagree. I believe the best set-piece was the airplane, just loved it (Not taking anything away from the ship set-piece).

@Mecha Uncharted 3 does have great character development, but it's mostly more about Drake and Sully (which is fine). I would have love to learn more about Talbot and why he's so close to Marlowe or some more screen time for Cutter and develop his character more. How is he being a more real hero than in Uncharted 1/2?

@Rambo I never said it made up the whole game, just that it was unnecessary. Especially since Rameses was trying to get info out of Drake, that he basically knew Drake didn't have. He was there with Drake and Marlowe at the table, when they figured out Sully knew the way to the city.

Yeah I pointed out that Lazarevic was a cliche' villian but we all understood his real motives for wanting the chintamani stone, while Marlowe's hunt for the Djinn really didn't have a purpose. Nathan Drake didn't have as good character development in Uncharted 2 as opposed to Uncharted 3, but it did develop his relationship with Elena more which in turn develops his character too (along with Elena). He seemed to also have a past of stealing from museums with Flynn and Chloe and not just treasure hunt with Sully.

All of them have the typical treasure hunting story-line.

Even though Uncharted 2 had some some similar moment with Uncharted 1, they weren't as obvious as the ones between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

Spoiler:

Also I find it funny we start debating between Uncharted 2/3 and IGN decides to do an article. Razz
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/25/did-uncharted-3-change-too-much
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 pm

^^

THEY'RE FARMING US FOR IDEAS.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:01 pm

@Yonny616

Fair enough. But just like I previously said, they both share common flaws. More obvious, or not. Doesn't matter.

While Uncharted 3 did leave out some really huge plotholes, you can kinda tell they were left there on purpose. Which makes it less a minus, in my own opinion.

Also, that link is just lulz. IGN couldn't have made that article at a better time G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:10 pm

@yonny616

How is he not?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
THEY'RE FARMING US FOR IDEAS.
Exactly. :truestory:

RamboOnRedbull wrote:

While Uncharted 3 did leave out some really huge plotholes, you can kinda tell they were left there on purpose. Which makes it less a minus, in my own opinion.

Also, that link is just lulz. IGN couldn't have made that article at a better time G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 725796345
That might be the case concerning the plot holes. :Philosoraptor:

Mecha wrote:
How is he not?
Well played Mecha, well played. -_-

Last edited by yonny616 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Maybe because I wasn't/am not, a huge fan of the actual story of Uncharted, I neglected it a bit, which is odd, because story comes first for me in most cases, the reason I prefer UC 2 is because it blew me away when I first played it and I preferred the locations, the only stand out moment for me in UC 3 is the ship and the plane, but UC 2 has so many.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

@yonny616

lol I mean, in the first two games, it was mostly about Drake treasure hunting. Yeah in Uncharted 3 it was the same, but the story got more personal as it continued.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616

lol I mean, in the first two games, it was mostly about Drake treasure hunting. Yeah in Uncharted 3 it was the same, but the story got more personal as it continued.
The story got personal because Drake and Sully (Mostly Sully) know Marlowe personally. They know how twisted and vicious she is/can be.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Drake's motives were more selfish in UC3, than in UC2. In UC2 it starts as a treasure hunt, then he decides he wants to be an RPG hero.

Also, Talbot is a very interesting villain, if only because what makes him so is a mystery.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:56 pm

We need to redo this list.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
We need to redo this list.

I'm down.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:14 am

Get to it bby girl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 am

1. GTA V
2. GTA san Andreas
3. GTA Vice City
4. GTA III
5. GTA IV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3