Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time

Go down 
+12
Hydell
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
Dam_Noir
Angelus
NoelX2
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Archduke
RamboOnRedBull
Based Sonji
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Look who's back.

Yeah, fuck the downvoters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
So the generic treasure hunt game with the most run of the mill generic 3rd person combat is the 2nd best game in the world? I could construct a better list when I'm high.

If you simple-minded retards absolutely needed to put an Uncharted game on that list, at least put UC3. Oh wait, nevermind. THAT game had character development. No one wants that shit. It didn't have enough of Chloe's ass.

I was gonna write a long ass rant as soon as Sonji told me about this abomination. I'm too lazy and I don't like you people enough to say that I expected a better list.

This this this all the way.

The list sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Yeah, the downvoters ruined everything! One cannot expect staff worthy of G7 to actually do elementary calculations.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 pm

^^

Actually, yes, they did.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
So the generic treasure hunt game with the most run of the mill generic 3rd person combat is the 2nd best game in the world? I could construct a better list when I'm high.

If you simple-minded retards absolutely needed to put an Uncharted game on that list, at least put UC3. Oh wait, nevermind. THAT game had character development. No one wants that shit. It didn't have enough of Chloe's ass.

I was gonna write a long ass rant as soon as Sonji told me about this abomination. I'm too lazy and I don't like you people enough to say that I expected a better list.

Just for the record, I think this list is a load of bollocks myself and I certainly don't consider any Uncharted game worthy of a mention. But with all due respect Alan it seems to me that you only posted this just to make a point that you don't like anyone here. So if that is the case then please, Fuck off...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:01 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:

Uncharted, no way that should be on the list, but did you come back to cry? If so, fuck off, pal.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:58 am

As an Uncharted fanboy, I don't agree with the list either. But Alan's post has little to do with the list, and more of the hate on us.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:18 am

Well somebody had to have voted for Uncharted 2 to get so high on the list, yet when its finally set in stone everyone is like "HURR UC2 IS SHIT Y IS IT SO HIGH!?"
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:34 am

I didn't expect Uncharted 2 to be listed so high though. Damnit Sonji and his brilliant ideas. There were other ways of developing a better list. G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:

Yay he's back.

In a bad mood though.

Uncharted in general is pretty crappy though. No way does it deserve to be on ANY list containing best game of all time. The best it deserves is best graphics for THIS generation. Nothing more.

Heavy Rain stands more of a chance.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Why is everyone complaining? At the end of the day it all opinion! Like Reaper said
Quote :
Well somebody had to have voted for Uncharted 2 to get so high on the list, yet when its finally set in stone everyone is like "HURR UC2 IS SHIT Y IS IT SO HIGH!?"

@Alan Are you back just to complain? UC3 was an awesome game but it was just too much deja vu from UC2, hell even the endings were the same shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 pm

It's funny, if Uncharted 3 tried something different, people will still be like... it's not as good as Uncharted 2 because it's not the same.

Uncharted 3 is obviously an improvement over Uncharted 2. Besides the gameplay being better, it also had a better story. Drake shows more depth in this, his relationship with Elena has matured sorta, and Sully has more damn screen time than he ever did in the last two games, especially the second one. Sully actually becomes a likeable character in Uncharted 3. Teckno even message me, telling me how he cried a few times in the game. And Arabs don't cry unless they have an asian doctor who graduated from a state university.

Alan has a point. If you're to add an Uncharted game on the list, might as well be Uncharted 3.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Mecha wrote:
It's funny, if Uncharted 3 tried something different, people will still be like... it's not as good as Uncharted 2 because it's not the same.

Uncharted 3 is obviously an improvement over Uncharted 2. Besides the gameplay being better, it also had a better story. Drake shows more depth in this, his relationship with Elena has matured sorta, and Sully has more damn screen time than he ever did in the last two games, especially the second one. Sully actually becomes a likeable character in Uncharted 3. Teckno even message me, telling me how he cried a few times in the game. And Arabs don't cry unless they have an asian doctor who graduated from a state university.

Alan has a point. If you're to add an Uncharted game on the list, might as well be Uncharted 3.
I'm not taking anything away from Uncharted 3, it just has too much deja vu moments. Uncharted 3 did have better gameplay, but it wasn't a major improvement. The melee system had a little tweak and that's all I could notice gameplay wise. The story in Uncharted 2 is better than Uncharted 3's story, Although I did like Sully having more screen time. Also the multiplayer in Uncharted 2 was basically perfect, then ND try's to rake in the CoD crowd with their "power ups", custom weapon classes and all this other shit they added that looks like it came from CoD. The only good thing about UC3 multiplayer, was being able to create a character for multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Uncharted 3 was superior in every single way. Fact.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:12 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Uncharted 3 was superior in every single way. Opinion.
Fixed
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Mecha wrote:

Uncharted 3 was really good. But The final boss seemed kinda lame, though I did really like the unexplained mystery behind Talbot's character. The world was better and it was cool having Jason Statham as an ally, but there seemed to be a missing link in the plotline as to when Sully got cybernetic implants to help him out in the battlefield. The multi-player was a massive improvement.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Why is the story in Uncharted 2 better though? That's all I hear in this forum. Uncharted 2 had a better story, but never explain why that is. Also the multiplayer was far superior in Uncharted 3. Way better maps, better modes, the gameplay and controllers have a much better flow than Uncharted 2. FACT. Yeah, people camp in the game, but so what? There's campers in every game.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

Mecha wrote:
Why is the story in Uncharted 2 better though? That's all I hear in this forum. Uncharted 2 had a better story, but never explain why that is. Also the multiplayer was far superior in Uncharted 3. Way better maps, better modes, the gameplay and controllers have a much better flow than Uncharted 2. FACT. Yeah, people camp in the game, but so what? There's campers in every game.

Uncharted 2 is superior to Uncharted 3 in every conceivable way. Fact.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:33 am

Stoney wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Uncharted 3 is superior to Uncharted 2 in every conceivable way. Fact.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:49 am

Uncharted 3 is BETTER than Uncharted 2. No matter which way you look at it.

Nathan Drake, actually, has a damn personality this time around. Sully finally has the screen-time he deserves, the gameplay is better, there's WAY MORE character development this time around, and the twists are less predictable as well.

Even the damn set-pieces are more spectacular in Uncharted 3.

If Uncharted 2 is better at anything, then it's being worse. ^_^
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 am

If you people gonna argue about "How Uncharted 2 is better than Uncharted 3" or "How Uncharted 3 is better than Uncharted 2" instead of discussing this rather horrible list(a list You guys made when you decided to start downvoting) tell me about it so I can lock this thread and be done with it.

You know, the "Debate Section" exists for a reason...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:12 am

I got a better idea, how about you move this thread to the debate section instead? I would hate to see such an active thread get locked.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 am

Good call, for once.

Moved to Debate Section.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:14 pm

@Mecha
This was by far the weakest point for me in UC3 and I think the story in UC2 is better. Well not better, but Less worse? Now Lazarevic was the ultimate cliche', apparently wanting nothing more than unlimited power, But Flynn provided interest. His antagonistic role seemed to be driven by jealously of Drake. I wish they had expanded more on him and his desires, but they killed him off in a far too simplistic fashion. :x Now on to UC3. The villians goals don't seem particularly clear. They want the... Djinn Urn(?)... for... "Unlimited Power"? Or something? What was their purpose for using all these resources? Lazarevic was a warlord. Warlords want weapons to expand their power and influence. For what? They're crazy warlords. They want power for themselves. Marlowe at first struck me differently, she reacts negatively when Cutter shoots Drake and Sully. However, in the flashback we see that (while she seems to be having some sort of more-than-professional relationship with Sully) she is perfectly willing to murder a child to get what she wants. Yet, there seems to be no explaination as to why she would care about present Drake more than past Drake. I was expecting another flashback to explain this change in character, yet we were never given one. I thought that perhaps she was thinking of herself as an altruistic person, whose only goals were for betterment of society. I saw a chance of this happening when she was in the quicksand, holding out the ring to Drake. I thought her line about "earning greatness" was going to result in her throwing the ring to him, as perhaps a parting gift? A last act of kindness? Something to show that she wasn't just "evil". But no. We get her trying to bribe Drake with it. Now Talbot, why was he so hung up on the death of Marlowe? Their relationship is never delved into deeply, yet we're supposed to belive that he goes blood-mad after her death? From the cutscenes we get of his character, all we see is a calm, collected professional, who keeps a cool head in harsh situations. Yet when Marlowe dies he suddenly breaks all resembelence of this character. I did like Rameses But, we all know what happened to him. Too bad, him and his crew acting as a third party towards the end of the game could have been interesting. Also Uncharted 2's pacing and well done explanation of of the plot/sub-plot is done way better than Uncharted.

@Rambo
Uncharted 3's set pieces were thought of before doing the story and have a excuse for being there. One set piece that seemed unnecessary was the ship.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 pm

^^

Funnily enough, the ship was the best setpiece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time   G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G7's Top 10 Video Games of All Time
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next