Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it Empty
PostSubject: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:12 am

Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it Insomn10

Quote :
Developer Insomniac Games doesn’t think the Wii U is a next-gen console. According to Insomniac CEO Ted Price, they consider the Wii U a current generation console, and they don’t have any games planned for it. He shared his thoughts on the Wii U in a recent Reddit Q&A.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard a developer classify the Wii U as a current generation console. Just yesterday, we reported that 15 EA games are skipping the Wii U because the new Frostbite 3 game engine doesn’t work well on the new Nintendo console.
We’ve previously heard Nintendo’s Satoru Iwata comment on the Wii U being under-powered, which he said was a “misunderstanding”, and that Nintendo was working on educating developers on Wii U’s potential.

Insomniac Games is one of the studios that has been around for quite a while — almost 20 years. They’ve been through several console cycles, and have mostly developed on PlayStation platforms. Insomniac is known for the Resistance and Ratchet & Clank series. They’re currently working on Fuse, a multiplayer shooter that’s coming out on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Source: Wii U Daily
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:29 am

based insomniac.

sorry pad.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:52 am

Not looking good, just checked vgchartz and wii outsold wii u this week Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Not looking good, just checked vgchartz and wii outsold wii u this week Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it 1443829230

Wow. That is fucking pathetic. Nintendo is going to turn into the next Sega soon if the Wii U doesn't start to sell well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:46 pm

EA senior engineer says it's crap, Avalanche says their dev kits are collecting dusts, Metro: Last Night developer hat's Wii U's CPU, almost no 3rd party company is bringing their multiplats to the console and now this.

Seriously Nintendo get your fucking shit together, in 5 fucking months you've given us 2 decent games and one of them is a fucking remake. FIVE FUCKING MONTHS! It's obvious that Nintendo rushed the Wii U to get a headstart in the next gen market and it's now backfiring as fuck. Pikmin 3 and Wonderfull 101 should've come out a long time ago.

I for god hope that the next zelda and mario will look good because right now the Wii U is seriously shitting on their fans.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah, not great. At least their handheld market is kicking major ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it   Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insomniac: Wii U is current gen, not working on games for it
Page 1 of 1