Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Mortal Kombat banned in Australia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Mortal Kombat banned in Australia StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Mortal Kombat banned in Australia Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:17 am

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/mortal-kombat-banned-in-australia/

In my opinion this is a good thing. Why? I believe this is a well needed boost for the R18+ for Video Games camping to get the news media attention and get the Aussie gamers all worked up about it again.

If you're Australian, here is a few options you can do instead of having a cry and make a youtube video filled with tears.
1. Join Grow up Australia and take part on whatever events they have
2. Write a letter to your local MP and bring up the matter
3. Write a letter to your state Attorney General
4. You can make a youtube video to boost up awareness but please avoid swearing and making insults to others.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 am

Ohh I can't wait to see InfiniteRetro's reaction to this, lol. Although in saying that who would buy a videogame froma retail store in Australia anyway? The prices are an absolute robbery, you'd be better off buying online.

Killzone 3 is 49.99 Euro here in Ireland, and you'll find it cheaper if you look around, yet in Australia it's $108! It's just unbelieveable. How can people stand for it? Why is it so expensive?

And using currency converter, 49.99 euro is $68 Australian dollars, where did the extra $40 dollars come from?????

Anyway the classification board in the Oz need a kick up the hole, it's seriously a joke.

Thank God for PEGI.

Last edited by Stoney on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Failure)
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 am

Lol he prob already made a vid. I don't watch his videos since it soo... lame I guess lol. He can take the risk and import banned content but the chances of getting caught is at a all time low.

I don't buy a lot of games on day one. I just wait it out. Sometimes I import. Only had one package with video games open by customs and they didn't find any issues.

I wouldn't blame the classification board since all they do is rate the games, not ban them.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Mortal Kombat banned in Australia XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 am

So how exactly does this ban work? Are people banned from playing it or are stores banned from selling it?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:22 pm

TRF wrote:
So how exactly does this ban work? Are people banned from playing it or are stores banned from selling it?

It's illiegal to import it, so I assume stores aren't allowed to sell it either. No way for the Aussies to play MK, sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Ahh well, there's always way to get around the ban. Still though, I didn't think Australia was that strict when it comes to games. O.O
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Mortal Kombat banned in Australia 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Teckno wrote:
Ahh well, there's always way to get around the ban. Still though, I didn't think Australia was that strict when it comes to games. O.O

you don't remember the L4D2 fiasco?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Teckno wrote:

Germany strict.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

you don't remember the L4D2 fiasco?
Now that you brought it up, yea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 pm

When a video game gets a Refused Classification (banned). It stops australian retailers from selling the banned title and also it will be illegal to import. Even though the chances of getting caught importing a banned video games is at a all time quite low.

Well the developers/publishers can appeal for a change of rating. Alien vs Predator was banned once then SEGA appeal for it and get the game unbanned with an MA15+ rating with no censorship made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat banned in Australia   Mortal Kombat banned in Australia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat banned in Australia
Page 1 of 1