Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?

Go down 
+7
CernaMLD
yonny616
The Enkindler
Mr Canai Spy
Based Sonji
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? Empty
PostSubject: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:11 pm

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? PlayStation4-concept

Quote :
Consoles get more computer-like with every passing generation. And nobody will be surprised if the PS4 ends up being a high-end gaming PC for your living room.

As reported by GamesIndustry.biz, Digital Foundry's Richard Leadbetter apparently has some inside information concerning Sony's next PlayStation console. Recently, we heard from ex-AMD employees that the PS4 would utilize AMD-powered graphics rather than Nvidia.

Now, Leadbetter claims a "reputable source" said the next PlayStation system is "essentially a PC" in regards to its architecture. The source reinforces the aforementioned rumor by saying Sony and AMD are collaborating on the CPU, which means the next PlayStation won't use the Cell found in the PS3. Leadbetter also mentioned the new Vita:

"It's not about exotic, groundbreaking hardware anymore, it's all about creating the best possible games machine with an enviable set of development tools - and it's an approach that has already yielded results. While PlayStation Vita may lack a stand-out killer app, I still think that it's set the bar in terms of overall quality and quantity over and above any console launch I've seen in over 21 years in the business. Extrapolating that same philosophy towards PlayStation 4 makes a PC-style approach to Sony's next console seem very likely indeed."

Sony has gone on the record several times, saying they have no intention of producing a new console any time soon. Right now, their focus is squarely on both the Vita and the PS3. ...but the future is always just around the corner, yes?

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Quote :
And nobody will be surprised if the PS4 ends up being a high-end gaming PC for your living room
:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Stop posting articles from PSX. Please. Just stop.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 am

Xbox beat you to it Sony eye roll
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:26 am

I have to agree with Sonji, it's best to avoid posting news from PSXextreme as they often seem to exaggerate their claims.

SONY said it themselves that they won't be rushful with the development of the PS4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:39 am

I agree with sonji. PSX is a terrible biased source.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:16 am

Mr Canai Spy wrote:

Take your MS goggles off. Neither of them are gaming PCs in your living room.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

i was just sugesting that the xbox is built more like a PC than the playstation is, sony are just following suit by adding AMD and now this. didnt mean xbox was a highend pc
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

i was just sugesting that the xbox is built more like a PC than the playstation is, sony are just following suit by adding AMD and now this. didnt mean xbox was a highend pc
:what: How is getting AMD for the next playstation following Microsoft?
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:52 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

This.

PS3 used an nVidia card. How does switching to AMD make any difference?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:54 pm

I like nVidia....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:20 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

This.

PS3 used an nVidia card. How does switching to AMD make any difference?

I think he may be referring to how the rumors of the PS4 adopting the more traditional CPU, GPU, RAM architecture and ditching the Cell processor.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I think he may be referring to how the rumors of the PS4 adopting the more traditional CPU, GPU, RAM architecture and ditching the Cell processor.
Yeah I know, but it seems like he is saying Sony is copying Microsoft for the rumored AMD PlayStation architecture.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:31 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
I like nVidia....

nVidia is the shit. Get @ me Blixtstorm.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Mods, if Sony or MS opened their platform up and let people share mods, user created stuff, whatever I would be sold. It's the only thing about PC gaming that makes me jelly.

With Steamworks on the PS3 Sony seem the most likely candidates.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
I like nVidia....

nVidia is the shit. Get @ me Blixtstorm.

Nvidia, Making unreliable GPUs Since 1993 Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?   PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 is a gaming quality PC in the living room?
Page 1 of 1