Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:22 am

Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity Halo-4-wishlist-screenshots-1

Quote :
Phil Spencer corporate vice president of Xbox 360, has said despite a small line-up of 360-exclusives in the works for 2012, the “core” gamer is still being considered when creating exclusive IP.

Speaking in the latest issue of GameInformer, Spencer said Microsoft’s focus is on “quality and impact” instead of the “number of releases in a year.”

“Creating core IP, as many first-and third-parties have seen over the years, isn’t an easy thing,” said Spencer. “I went through the process of creating Gears with Epic and I know the sweat, time, and effort that went into it. I also worked on things like Alan Wake, Too Human, Crackdown, and stuff that didn’t hit the same level of success, but had an equal amount of sweat equity and heart go into getting created.”

“So it will continue to be something that we focus on with new partners like Crytek and new people that aren’t announced yet. We do think that it’s fundamental that core gamers look at 360 as the place they want to play games.”

Microsoft’s focus of late has been on Kinect and turning Xbox 360 into an entertainment hub, but users can expect Halo 4, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare for the console, and there’s also Fable: The Journey and Crytek’s Ryse slated for this year – even if both are technically for Kinect.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/21/microsoft-360-exclusives-are-about-quality-and-impact-not-number-of-releases-in-a-year/
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 am

It was about neither last year.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:13 am

Microsoft: "It's about quality"

Yet, they continue to make shitty games for the Kinect?

WTF
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:15 pm

lol So they're implying that releasing too many games means there's am impact to quality?

That's why you have many different studios develop games. That's how you give them two years or more to do so.

Naughty Dog
Sucker Punch
Media Molecule
Sony Santa Monica

They all have their own thing and they all take a great amount of time to craft them.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Who said you can't have both?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I think what microsoft means with quality is that they expect a game to sell really well. Not that it is extremely well made compared to other titles.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:03 pm

If that's their definition of quality, then COD is the best god damn game ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Teckno wrote:
Well i think they do would love having call of duty as their franchise. Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Well i think they do would love having call of duty as their franchise. Razz

They would make unthinkable amounts of money if COD was microsoft exclusive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity   Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft: It's about quality, not quantity
Page 1 of 1