Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do?(hypothetical question)

Go down 
+6
Ihsahn
Hydell
Stoney
Bluenose
TheJubJub5721
Pickles1337
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

What would you do?(hypothetical question) Empty
PostSubject: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 am

What would you do if Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo decided to cancel their new consoles that they're working on?

And if you were no longer able to upgrade your PC( in terms of gaming).

Would you still play the new games that would be coming out?

Would you still play if there were no more new graphical updates? Gaming would hit a brick wall even with all the new engines.

I'm curious. What would you do?(hypothetical question) 2505020059
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Yeah, but it would probably getting boring and I would lose interest.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Anyone else? It's funny of you thinking that way JubJub...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Interesting question.
Hmm. As long as it gets a steady supply of great games, I wouldn't mind.
Plus, you can't want something you've never tried. If we've never seen the new systems, we can't compare the old systems to them. I'd definitely continue playing.
And do you also mean the companies don't add anything to there consoles such as updates and new features like Kinect, Move, Wii motion plus?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:11 pm

With new engines being released devs are still pushing out great looking games for both systems and great games in general so it wouldn't be that bad.

Although I know for fact Unreal Engine 4 is dropping next year for "next gen gaming platforms" so I can't wait to see what we can expect for the next gen of consoles.

Hopefully its a couple of years yet before we see the PS4 and Xbox 720.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 pm

If that happend then Call of Duty would actually never have to upgrade their engine.....not like they will anyway.

IMO as long as there was a steady supply of original and innovative games then it could be some years before it became stagnant for me.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Absolutely. Couldn't give a damn about graphics. Give me awesome gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:07 am

Teckno wrote:
Interesting question.
Hmm. As long as it gets a steady supply of great games, I wouldn't mind.
Plus, you can't want something you've never tried. If we've never seen the new systems, we can't compare the old systems to them. I'd definitely continue playing.
And do you also mean the companies don't add anything to there consoles such as updates and new features like Kinect, Move, Wii motion plus?

No. That is the exception and why it doesn't make that much sense to have new consoles since we can already do a lot with what we have.

Also I'm proud of you guys. I'd have thought you guys were playing just for the novelty like JubJub.

What would you do?(hypothetical question) 4240191902
Ihsahn wrote:
Absolutely. Couldn't give a damn about graphics. Give me awesome gameplay.

Ihsahn wrote:
Pein wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Game looks gorgeous on consoles. Very well done Crytek.

it looks awesome but it will look better on pc
Shame Crytek sold out and dumbed down the sequel to fit consoles.

The DLC just makes this game all the more shitty.

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 am

Hyperbole Razz I care about it for a spectacle feat like "omagawd ultra realism" but gameplay wise it doesn't matter. What Crytek were doing was revolutionary from a graphics standpoint. I'd miss it for sure if our consoles never upgraded, but more or less I'm getting at that good games can be made no matter how pretty it looks.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:44 am

I think it would actually be beneficial if that did happen. These days new generations just bring about graphically enhanced call of duty games. With no graphical advancements or system power improvements, the developers will run out of ideas of how they can make their new game better than the last. And then the knock on effect would be gamers getting tired of the genre and trying other styles of games. Maybe adventure? Maybe thriller?
So yeah, it wouldn't be a nice thing to happen but it could potentially ruin activision What would you do?(hypothetical question) 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 am

Lykos wrote:
I think it would actually be beneficial if that did happen. These days new generations just bring about graphically enhanced call of duty games. With no graphical advancements or system power improvements, the developers will run out of ideas of how they can make their new game better than the last. And then the knock on effect would be gamers getting tired of the genre and trying other styles of games. Maybe adventure? Maybe thriller?
So yeah, it wouldn't be a nice thing to happen but it could potentially ruin activision What would you do?(hypothetical question) 2505020059

Now I want it to happen. What would you do?(hypothetical question) 2505020059
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I could get my N64 out and start playing some games. Or just get the new games that are coming out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

What would you do?(hypothetical question) StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 pm

I wouldn't mind as long games remain fun and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Hyperbole Razz I care about it for a spectacle feat like "omagawd ultra realism" but gameplay wise it doesn't matter. What Crytek were doing was revolutionary from a graphics standpoint. I'd miss it for sure if our consoles never upgraded, but more or less I'm getting at that good games can be made no matter how pretty it looks.

You know, I can't really comprehend those words when they're in the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

After mistaking my blatantly hyperbolic post, I can see why I love you
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

How so? I just think the same engine over and over would get old, like Call of Duty for example. The same mechanics over and over are not fun for ever, CoD4 was a blast, so was WaW, but by MW2 it was just old.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 pm

We would be stuck with inferior PS3 graphics with no detailed brick textures.

Holy fuck, I'd quit gaming!
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

How so? I just think the same engine over and over would get old, like Call of Duty for example. The same mechanics over and over are not fun for ever, CoD4 was a blast, so was WaW, but by MW2 it was just old.

I don't think you're talking about graphics...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do?(hypothetical question)   What would you do?(hypothetical question) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do?(hypothetical question)
Page 1 of 1