Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4 or X1... that is the question

Go down 
+6
RamboOnRedBull
Orion
Mecha
Gutzahn
Bluenose
Orc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PS4 or X1... that is the question Empty
PostSubject: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:04 pm

So like I've said before, I'm trying to hold out till 2015 before making the plunge into next gen. And you know that I have been leaning towards the X1. But there are actually some variables that could completely change my mind on this. Basically, I'm going to give my personal pros and cons for each and would like you to do the same!

Variables that could sway me to get a PS4:

1. Kinect is no longer mandatory on Xbox One and this gives it a performance boost, but if multiplats are still superior on PS4 (1080p instead of 720p or 60fps instead of 30fps) that will sway my decision a fair bit. I am not BOTHERED about resolution and I can happily play a game if its on a stable 30fps, but if I can get a better framerate and resolution that will affect my decision somewhat.

2. If PS4 gets more exclusives I want, that of course will be a massive factor. Currently there is too much focus on indies (same on vita) which definitely does not interest me whatsoever. Not to mention Sony linger on features like PSNow and Project Morpheus, neither of which have any use to me. I don't even use PS+! I just want more AAA games similar to Heavy Rain. That was one of the games that tempted me to get a PS3 but one just wasn't enough.

3. If the deadzone problem on some X1 games is not improved, that will certainly influence my view of the system. It is uncommon, only an issue in Wolfenstein and Call of Duty apparently, but if it continues that will definitely put me off.

Variables that currently sway me into getting an Xbox One

1. X1 has at least 11 exclusives which all interest me (potentially more depending how they turn out)! Whereas, PS4 has 4 exclusives that interest me somewhat (potentially a few more depending how they turn out) but aren't enough to sell me the system on their own.

2. Xbox Live is still the best online gaming service (please don't even deny it)

Other important variables

1. Both systems have Metal Gear. I'm fucking loving the series at the moment, so if it were still a Sony exclusive that would have definitely swayed me but now it's multiplat so I could get on X1.

2. Xbox is compatible with most network powerline adapters to my knowledge. I don't know what PS4's compatibility is like with these but if it's the same, then both are on my radar.

3. Whichever system most of my friends play on is the system I might have to get
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

2. Xbox Live is still the best online gaming service (please don't even deny it)

PS4 or X1... that is the question Denied10
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Yeah, it's almost 5% as good as a pc in terms of online gaming Razz
The differences in online between the 2 devices in question are minimal. Also what do you mean "still" ? I stand by my viewpoint that online and community gaming is the weakest point of consoles in general.

Biggest 2 factors : Performance and exclusives imho. Consoles tend to have some really exceptional titles each, so just look what fascinates you the most. Focus for me is on singleplayer / semimultiplayer games like the souls games in terms of exclusives because of the above mentioned reason.

Also of course see what your friends are playing on if it is your main gaming device. If it's just your secondary gaming plattform (like for they are for me) you could argue getting a different system may give your group a greater library of games to play in coop or something.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 or X1... that is the question R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

PS4 or X1... that is the question 47058310
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 am

Gutzahn wrote:
Yeah, it's almost 5% as good as a pc in terms of online gaming Razz
The differences in online between the 2 devices in question are minimal. Also what do you mean "still" ? I stand by my viewpoint that online and community gaming is the weakest point of consoles in general.

Biggest 2 factors : Performance and exclusives imho. Consoles tend to have some really exceptional titles each, so just look what fascinates you the most. Focus for me is on singleplayer / semimultiplayer games like the souls games in terms of exclusives because of the above mentioned reason.

Also of course see what your friends are playing on if it is your main gaming device. If it's just your secondary gaming plattform (like for they are for me) you could argue getting a different system may give your group a greater library of games to play in coop or something.

Mate Razz Steam has dropped my calls hundreds of times, Steam has lagged for me more than Xbox Live ever has, Steam has been down or offline quite a lot of times for me. Steam has lost my installed games and had to redownload them all over again.

Xbox Live really is the best online gaming service to me. It's reliable, efficient, has a great UI, has tons of dedicated servers and is just all round excellent for communication and stability.

As for what my friends are gaming on, not many have got next gen consoles yet. A couple of them already have ps4's, and a couple of them own xbox ones. The people with PS4's are arguably closer friends but still not friends that I am likely to game with much. It's hard to say really. None of my BFFLs are that big on video games. But one of them is leaning towards Xbox One because of Forza. Another is leaning towards PS4 just because it's Playstation. Fanboy cunt.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 6:09 am

Ok well no point in us arguing about that again, but just this much : If you are using steam for calls you are doing it wrong.

Just pick the console with the greater variety of exclusives that have the potential to really grab you, because those are worth more than anything else anyway. Or the console with your favorite franchise in general.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 am

haha indeed I had to try other programs to do voice chatting. Only makes the experience more of a hassle and more of an inconvenient waste of time Razz

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

PS4 or X1... that is the question TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:51 am

Wii U has Bayonetta 2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 or X1... that is the question Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 am

Xbox One is the successor to the Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:14 pm

I preferred the 360 pad last gen but the Dualshock 4 is hands down the best game controller I have ever used.

Even if it wasn't for the performance differential, I'd still wanna play multiplat games on PS4.

X1, atm, does have more exclusives I'm interested in though.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PS4 or X1... that is the question 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Haven't used my PS4 very much since I got it. If I get an Xbone, I probably wouldn't use it very much either. Right now the Wii U and PC seem to be serving me perfectly well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 or X1... that is the question R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Chobo hasn't been very faithful towards his PS4. Razz
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PS4 or X1... that is the question 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Well, neither of the two consoles right now have very many must have games that I can't also get on PC. So far, my most used 8th gen console has been my Wii U.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 pm

I'll get one this year. Get it. One. Despite the fact I rarely play my 360, but doesn't mean I cannot enjoy the new console. I wanna be different from everyone because fuck PlayStation fans. Umm... Get the one you want Orc. If you wanna be against me, get PS4. If you want to side with me, the One.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:04 am

TerraXehanort wrote:
I'll get one this year. Get it. One. Despite the fact I rarely play my 360, but doesn't mean I cannot enjoy the new console. I wanna be different from everyone because fuck PlayStation fans. Umm... Get the one you want Orc. If you wanna be against me, get PS4. If you want to side with me, the One.

Well aren't you a special snowflake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Man... Now I wish it were snowing. That way I can join my brethren in the sky who will be causing snowstorms. :3
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

PS4 or X1... that is the question TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:50 pm

Cool story Kenbro
Anyways the 8th gen consoles are just shit PC and slightly better shit PC and Wii U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 or X1... that is the question   PS4 or X1... that is the question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 or X1... that is the question
Page 1 of 1