Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serious Question

Go down 
+7
2Sugoi2Die
ArchAngel
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Bluenose
Chobo
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Serious Question R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Why the fuck is Halo rated M for mature?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Serious Question 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I ask myself the same question.

There's not a lot of gore. Most of it is a little bit of purple alien blood, and maybe an tiny bit of human blood.

No sex or nudity

Some cursing, but no F-bombs.

This game should be T for Teen at Highest.

In Europe, I think it's PEGI 16.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 pm

to make kids feel hurdcore.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Serious Question Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Chobo wrote:
I ask myself the same question.

No sex or nudity

but no F-bombs.

I always assumed it had these 2 and that's why it was rated M.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Serious Question PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

I think it isn't rated M for the campaign, but instead the online. Since all those kids are like the CoD community, but with an English accent.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Serious Question 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I think it isn't rated M for the campaign, but instead the online. Since all those kids are like the CoD community, but with an English accent.

"Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB"

That's printed on almost every game box now a days.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Serious Question XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah that's puzzled me as well. You Brits have a 15 rating right? The ESRB needs a 15 rating that fits between T and M because I think Halo would fit in their perfectly.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Most M rated games shouldnt be M Rated. Very few M rated games actually deserve the title(like Witcher 2)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Serious Question XidKdMN
New York

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:33 am

I think most shooters are fairly rated M. Games like Call of Duty and Killzone deserve it. Gears for sure. Borderlands also.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Serious Question StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 am

Halo is rated M here as well. Halo: Reach was surprisingly rated MA15+. Even though there is no age different between those two classification.

Halo does contain mature content. Blood spills maybe not at heavy compared to some games. Human NPCs can died and their bodies will remind plus you can shoot them if you like and this also counts for the aliens. Someone under the age of 15 might not understand the story elements and character developments shown in the Halo series.

Playing something that is rated for more mature audience will make thing they are tough shit even if they don't understand what is going on half the time.

Anyways, if you feel like the game was given the wrong rating/classification then do something about it.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I think most shooters are fairly rated M. Games like Call of Duty and Killzone deserve it. Gears for sure. Borderlands also.

M games are for ages 17 and up. You do not need to be 17 to play call of duty, Gears or killzone.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Serious Question PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 am

Chobo wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

"Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB"

That's printed on almost every game box now a days.
It was a joke, Chobo.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Yeah that's puzzled me as well. You Brits have a 15 rating right? The ESRB needs a 15 rating that fits between T and M because I think Halo would fit in their perfectly.

They don't any more, the BBFC don't rate game, now PEGI (Pan European Game Information) have sole control over games in all of Europe. But they're just as laxed about ratings as the BBFC if not more. Their rating system is 3, 7, 12, 16, 18

EDIT: I thought you mentioned the BBFC, so ignore the majority of my post. Just look at how PEGI rate their games. Razz What's the difference between ERSB and PEGI? ratings wise?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Serious Question XidKdMN
New York

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:32 am

Stoney wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

They don't any more, the BBFC don't rate game, now PEGI (Pan European Game Information) have sole control over games in all of Europe. But they're just as laxed about ratings as the BBFC if not more. Their rating system is 3, 7, 12, 16, 18

EDIT: I thought you mentioned the BBFC, so ignore the majority of my post. Just look at how PEGI rate their games. Razz What's the difference between ERSB and PEGI? ratings wise?
Well the big difference with yours is that you have a rating between our 12 (which is T for us) and 18 (which is M for us). We have a 3 rating too, called EC (Early Childhood) but I dunno if I've ever seen that before. I think that rating mostly applies to educational computer games for small children. Then your 7 rating is E, and we have a rating in between E and T called E10+. E10+ is the most useless rating ever. Why have that but not a T15+ or T16+? Makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 am

Zeratul wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

M games are for ages 17 and up. You do not need to be 17 to play call of duty, Gears or killzone.

Have you ever played Killzone?...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Serious Question XidKdMN
New York

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

Yeah I'm with Gav. Killzone is a very hard M. Same goes for Gears and Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Serious Question TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Cortana is practically nude so i guess it's cuz of that...
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 pm

WhiteHawk wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Of course, everyone of them. The swearing in Killzone 2 isnt near as bad as your average junior high school day and you dont need to be 17 to see the gore in Killzone 3. Like I said before, the only games I find that 17 age limit should be applicable is Witcher 2 and God of War.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm

In response to original post: Who cares? You only give a fuck because you're under 18
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Serious Question XidKdMN
New York

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 am

Zeratul wrote:
WhiteHawk wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Of course, everyone of them. The swearing in Killzone 2 isnt near as bad as your average junior high school day and you dont need to be 17 to see the gore in Killzone 3. Like I said before, the only games I find that 17 age limit should be applicable is Witcher 2 and God of War.
I'll admit God of War is much more violent than Killzone but gouging the eyes out of enemies and stabbing then in their eyes and throats ain't exactly Mary Poppins.

CleverCatchPhrase wrote:
In response to original post: Who cares? You only give a fuck because you're under 18
I think Mecha is like 20 or something. Serious Question 725796345 Don't remember the exact age but I'm gonna say between 20 and 25 years old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Serious Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Question   Serious Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious Question
Page 1 of 1