Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Journalists Are Scared.

Go down 
+7
Ihsahn
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Bluenose
Stoney
Stigma
Pickles1337
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Game Journalists Are Scared. Empty
PostSubject: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:29 am

I haven't heard of one gaming site/ magazine that didn't hate Kotick's guts.

Yet most of them end up making the next COD a AAA game.

Okay, I get that they have to keep unbiased opinions regardless of what the publisher is doing but they can't seem to make up their mind on the whole matter.

Do you think that reviewers should give the next COD game 0's or 1's as a sign of defiance or just keep doing what they're doing.

/discuss.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 am

Cod games with AA/AAA scores because the game reviewers don't actually play with the Cod community. They just play private matches with each other and no one wants to be an ass and camp or noobtube the fuck out of everyone that they work with.

If they waited a month to review a Cod game the score would turn from a 90 to a 70.

If that's what you're talking about anyways.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:57 am

Actually I'm talking about if reviewers should give the COD games low scores as a protest thing for what Activision is doing to franchises.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 am

I've no problem with the CoD campaign's tbh, they're fun and they acting/dialouge is quality.

It's the horrible online that bugs me. I just hate it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 pm

That can't do that just because they're biased against them. A good game is a good game. (Not saying it's a good game in my opinion, but in their's)

They have to be fair no matter who the developers are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Teckno wrote:
That can't do that just because they're biased against them. A good game is a good game. (Not saying it's a good game in my opinion, but in their's)

LOL no they don't
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

LOL no they don't
Well, I don't know if it's just me, but I like reviewers who are unbiased. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Teckno wrote:

You mean publishers.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

You mean publishers.
Yea, developers included.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:51 pm

All game journalists are 360 fanboys. The Wii had an amazing year in 2010, but they said that the 360's year was better. WTF? Are they high on crack or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:24 pm

I don't think they are. They just don't get involved (or shouldn't) in the corporate side of things.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Actually I'm talking about if reviewers should give the COD games low scores as a protest thing for what Activision is doing to franchises.

They wouldn't be doing their job.

Journalists shouldn't give something a bad score purposely.

They rate the game for what it is. CoD games aren't terrible. They hate Kotick, not the game.

Plus, CoD isn't really a creation of Kotick's regardless.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:31 pm

I doubt rating the game low would have an effect on people buying it, CoD seems to have reached that level that people will defend it and make excuses for its poor quality no matter what happens.

The game has gotten consistantly worse yet people still defend it when its clear there was very little QA done, its sad.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

LOL no they don't
Well, I don't know if it's just me, but I like reviewers who are unbiased. eye roll

You said game reviewers, as a whole. You didn't just specify ones you like.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Its just an opinion. I love Call of Duty. Its fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 pm

It's because most of the reviews are done before the game actually launches. Many of the online bugs/exploits are revealed weeks after the game has been released.

You could argue that game journalists should wait a couple of weeks before reviewing games but then the game would be old news and they wouldn't get nearly as many views for their work.

The high ratings for COD never did bother me. Most people by now either love COD or hate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Journalists Are Scared.   Game Journalists Are Scared. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Journalists Are Scared.
Page 1 of 1