Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" Empty
PostSubject: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 pm

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/stephen-king-the-witch-scared-the-hell-out-of-me

Quote :
The Witch scared the hell out of me. And it's a real movie, tense and thought-provoking as well as visceral.

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I-am-ready-maa-nigga-thumb
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Stephen King also said Hannibal (book) is better than Red Dragon and The Silence of the Lambs. So there you go.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:38 pm

That moment Mecha cries like a spoiled child when someone does not agree with Mecha's taste. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:41 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
That moment Mecha cries like a spoiled child when someone does not agree with Mecha's taste. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658

No. I'm just saying. You can't trust someone's words. Even if they come out of Stephen King's mouth. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

No. I'm just saying. You can't trust someone's words. Even if they come out of Stephen King's mouth. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

Why can't you trust someone's words?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:10 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I mean, you can. But you always have to take it with a grain of salt. Especially from someone who came up with this scene...

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I mean, you can. But you always have to take it with a grain of salt. Especially from someone who came up with this scene...

>You can't trust someone's words
*Realizes how stupid he sounds
*Changes his argument
>You have to take someone's words with a grain of salt
Lel

Mecha, there's a thing out there, in a world you don't know of, called research. When you hear the majority make the same claims, you do research to see whether there's any validity to them. I know it's a difficult concept to understand for someone who never does any research, but it's true. All of it. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:23 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

*Changes his argument
Lel

Mecha, there's a thing out there, in a world you don't know of, called research. When you hear the majority make the same claims, you do research to see whether there's any validity to them. I know it's a difficult concept to understand for someone who never does any research, but it's true. All of it. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

And if you do your own research, you would know that Stephen King doesn't like The Shining. Which most people love. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

*Changes his argument
Lel

And if you do your own research, you would know that Stephen King doesn't like The Shining. Which most people love. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

But I thought you should take other people's words (therefore, also their opinions) with a grain of salt? Or is that only when people don't agree with you? Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059 

Btw, most people who have seen The Witch agree with King's statement about the film.

I guess flip-flopping your own arguments wasn't enough; now you want to argue with the same argument you accused of being a pointless one.Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:43 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

*Changes his argument
Lel

But I thought you should take other people's words (therefore, also their opinions) with a grain of salt? Or is that only when people don't agree with you? Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059 

Btw, most people who have seen The Witch agree with King's statement about the film.

I guess flip-flopping your own arguments wasn't enough; now you want to argue with the same argument you accused of being a pointless one.Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" Giphy
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" You-Are-Owned
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:01 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Y U DOO DIS!? Sad
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Y U DOO DIS!? Sad

Because I love you, bro. <3
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:30 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Y U DOO DIS!? Sad

Because I love you, bro. <3

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" GsT2TJm
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:12 pm

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/699623887479435264

"One of the best horrors in ages. See THE WITCH this weekend" - EDGAR WRIGHT

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/700715756795768832

"Haunting, gothic horror. Tense and scary. I loved it" - DEADPOOL Comic creator

https://twitter.com/AnnapurnaPics

"Live deliciously. Go see this one in theaters" - Megan Ellison, producer at ANNAPURNA PICTURES

https://twitter.com/eliroth

"Scariest movie I've seen in years. Instant classic" - Eli Roth

https://twitter.com/elijahwood/status/700749547987820545

I know what you're doing this weekend. You're seeing THE WITCH. And you're so very grateful" - Elijah Wood

Last edited by RamboOnRedBull on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Too bad it got beaten by a Christian movie. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
Too bad it got beaten by a Christian movie. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658

Too bad it's already an 8 times more profitable film than that Christian movie. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658

#THATMOMENTWHENDEADPOOLANDHISCREATORHAVEBETTERTASTETHANMECHA
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Too bad it's already an 8 times more profitable film than that Christian movie. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 3202469658

I guess? I mean, The VVitch has yet to make over $10 million. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I guess? I mean, The VVitch has yet to make over $10 million. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

And it already is more profitable than even Deadpool. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 3:17 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And it already is more profitable than even Deadpool. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

lol, nope! Deadpool had a budget of $57 million, and made $500 million on it's second week. The VVitch cost $3 million to make, and made $8 million so far. Nice try, though. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

lol, nope! Deadpool had a budget of $57 million, and made $500 million on it's second week. The VVitch cost $3 million to make, and made $8 million so far. Nice try, though. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

Deadpool has a budget of 58 million and has made 491 million after two weeks. That's about 8 times its own budget. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=deadpool2016.htm

The Witch has a budget of 1 million and has made more than 8.6 million. That's 8.6 times profit.

Quote :
The film, which seems to be connecting with horror aficionados, is set to rack up more than $10 million — although the studio insists that it would be content with an opening in the $3 million to $4 million range, considering its $1 million budget.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-witch-risen-race-thursday-opening-1201710456/

and

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thewitch.htm

This means that The Witch is already as profitable (even more if you count marketing) as Deadpool. The difference? It took Deadpool 2 weeks. The Witch did it in 1 weekend. 

Nice try, though.
Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:16 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Deadpool has a budget of 58 million and has made 491 million after two weeks. That's about 8 times its own budget. 

The Witch has a budget of 1 million and has made more than 8.6 million. That's 8.6 times profit.

Quote :
The film, which seems to be connecting with horror aficionados, is set to rack up more than $10 million — although the studio insists that it would be content with an opening in the $3 million to $4 million range, considering its $1 million budget.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-witch-risen-race-thursday-opening-1201710456/

and

This means that The Witch is already as profitable (even more if you count marketing) as Deadpool. The difference? It took Deadpool 2 weeks. The Witch did it in 1 weekend. 

Nice try, though.

The day isn't even over here in the US. As I'm currently writing this comment. So it's going to hit the $500 million dollar mark today.

$500 million > $10 million. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Quote :

and

Nice try, though.

The day isn't even over here in the US. As I'm currently writing this comment. So it's going to hit the $500 million dollar mark today.

$500 million > $10 million. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059

8.6 times its own budget in three days > 8.4 times its budget in two weeks.

Also numbers like 500 are irrelevant unless used as a comparison of the cost. For that, reference my above comment. Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"   Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephen King praises "The Witch", it "scared the hell out of me"
Page 1 of 1