Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony: "we should probably develop less games"

Go down 
+7
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
The_Biotic_God
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sony: "we should probably develop less games" Empty
PostSubject: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:29 pm

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/10/sony-we-should-probably-develop-less-games/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony: "we should probably develop less games" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh well. That's what happens when you don't buy their games. It's all business, no point crying about it. At least Uncharted sells almost as well as Gears of War.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony: "we should probably develop less games" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Don't even give a fuck.

Seriously, SONY has so many IPs they wouldn't even need a new one for another couple of years.

Now, Microsoft on the other hand.... eye roll
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Less games....erm no

Just makes sequels to games that WERE successful. Like Heavy Rain, Jak, Heavenly Sword, etc...instead of Resistance, Modnation Racers, MAG, SOCOM, etc.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony: "we should probably develop less games" StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 am

Make a new IP. Sick of games with 3 at the end.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Less games....erm no

Just makes sequels to games that WERE successful. Like Heavy Rain, Jak, Heavenly Sword, etc...instead of Resistance, Modnation Racers, MAG, SOCOM, etc.

For the record i am not attacking your opinion but what would you say classes a game as successful?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:07 am

broken link.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Less games....erm no

For the record i am not attacking your opinion but what would you say classes a game as successful?

$$ + Reviews?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:23 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Less games....erm no

Basically a combination of sales records and Metacritic scores.

A sequel to a game like Heavy Rain would definitely do well. While a sequel to Modnation Racers or MAG is out of the question considering how average those titles were. Resistance is sort of on the edge....I think if they released one more underwhelmingly-average Resistance title they should stop making sequels...But I think Resistance 3 failed in terms of sales because of the tough competition it had. If I was Sony, I'd focus on creating one high-budget FPS franchise...instead of making 4-5 mid-budget ones..

I think Sony knows that. They probably aren't going to become like MS where they release one or two exclusives per year, but I bet you they will trim some of the fat on their current line-up.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:21 pm

ps3 haz no gaems
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Less games? Erm I guess considering how games sell, yeah.... but it's a stupid comment for any company to say really. You want consumers to know you'll have no shortage of games.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:50 pm

^

Yea, I don't even know why they said that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony: "we should probably develop less games" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Well, I doubt anyone here buys ALL of them, and making less games certainly helps the ones they do make in terms of sales. That way, they don't cannibalize each other. If you stuck Gears of War right next to Halo on the calendar, neither would sell as well as they normally would.
Back to top Go down
tanxiaomin
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 am

When you don't buy their games. Business is business, there is no need to cry for it.Sony: "we should probably develop less games" G
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:23 am

tanxiaomin wrote:
When you don't buy their games. Business is business, there is no need to cry for it.Sony: "we should probably develop less games" G

If people don't buy their games it's their own fault for targeting the wrong demographic or not giving the games enough exposure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "we should probably develop less games"   Sony: "we should probably develop less games" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony: "we should probably develop less games"
Page 1 of 1