Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Dragon Age 2 Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Dragon Age 2 Question Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age 2 Question   Dragon Age 2 Question I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:07 am

Seen as I've no interest in Dragon Age 1 (the point and click combat isn't my thing) I was wondering is DA 2 a direct follow up to DA? Would I be lost, story wise, as to what's going on DA 2 without playing DA 1?

I'm liking the look of it and might pick it up, but there would be no point if I haven't a clue what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dragon Age 2 Question XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Question   Dragon Age 2 Question I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am

I think the story is separate, but supposedly you can import data from Dragon Age: Origins (which is weird, because you can't actually import your character or any of their decisions).

You should be fine not having played Origins.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Question   Dragon Age 2 Question I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 pm

I think it takes place a few months after the end of the first game, I'm not too sure about this though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Question   Dragon Age 2 Question I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Lord Epzaos wrote:
I think it takes place a few months after the end of the first game, I'm not too sure about this though.
no the game starts while the origins story is ongoing too and the story for hawke is a 10 year journey

Stoney wrote:
Seen as I've no interest in Dragon Age 1 (the point and click combat isn't my thing) I was wondering is DA 2 a direct follow up to DA? Would I be lost, story wise, as to what's going on DA 2 without playing DA 1?

I'm liking the look of it and might pick it up, but there would be no point if I haven't a clue what's going on.

its not really a direct follow up..DA 2 starts with origins story is ongoing when lothering ( a village that you will encounter early in the game) is attacked by the darkspawn and hawke with his sister and few others escape and from there on,the story will take a 10 year journey

TRF wrote:
I think the story is separate, but supposedly you can import data from Dragon Age: Origins (which is weird, because you can't actually import your character or any of their decisions).

You should be fine not having played Origins.

actually there are few decisions that will carry over to DA2 like choosing anora being a queen or alastair being a king,finding morrigan again etc..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Question   Dragon Age 2 Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age 2 Question
Page 1 of 1