Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why I bought a wii

Go down 
+14
Pickles1337
Hydell
The Enkindler
Pein
Archduke
igame
NoelX2
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Franko
Blixtstorm
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Orc
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Why I bought a wii - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Fuck the hardware of the Wii. The games on the Wii will age better than almost everything on the PS3/360 so it hardly matters.

The Wii could be amazing if it had the option to use a regular ol' controller for every game. As much as I like SMG, I hate shaking the Wiimote around to spin.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why I bought a wii - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Fuck the hardware of the Wii. The games on the Wii will age better than almost everything on the PS3/360 so it hardly matters.

The Wii could be amazing if it had the option to use a regular ol' controller for every game. As much as I like SMG, I hate shaking the Wiimote around to spin.

Amen to that. Skyward Sword looks sick, but it's too much waggle for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Don't get me wrong i like my wii. But in my opinion the wii is just very inferior towards my 360. ( and i assume to the ps3 aswell) But thats mainly because of those small things that matter for me. Like demo's. I just like to download some demo's to be sure if i would like the game or not or just to pass some time when im bored. The onlly demo's i can play are about 11 wiiware demo's. I mean gming wise its a great console nontheless but the wii can do so much more if it didn't focus on motion control all the time.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:58 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Don't get me wrong i like my wii. But in my opinion the wii is just very inferior towards my 360. ( and i assume to the ps3 aswell) But thats mainly because of those small things that matter for me. Like demo's. I just like to download some demo's to be sure if i would like the game or not or just to pass some time when im bored. The onlly demo's i can play are about 11 wiiware demo's. I mean gming wise its a great console nontheless but the wii can do so much more if it didn't focus on motion control all the time.

No console war here, but my opinion of the consoles is:

Single player gaming: Xbox 360 > Ps3 > Wii
Offline multiplayer: Wii > Xbox 360 > Ps3
Online multiplayer: Xbox 360 > Ps3 > Wii
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:08 am

^^

I agree with you more or less, only mine is a little like this.

Online Multiplayer: PC > 360 > PS3 > Wii
Offline Multiplayer: SNES > All
Single Player Gaming: PS3 > 360.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 am

TheUltimateDouche wrote:
^^

I agree with you more or less, only mine is a little like this.

Online Multiplayer: PC > 360 > PS3 > Wii
Offline Multiplayer: SNES > All
Single Player Gaming: PS3 > 360.

Fair play. Not sure about single player though.... I mean it depends on what styles of games you prefer. I find xbox's ones more open and with more freedom.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 am

Weird, most xbox fans bash the ps3 for mostly having single player experiences, yet you prefer the xbox when it comes to that category.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you don't have a ps3 Razz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 am

igame wrote:
Weird, most xbox fans bash the ps3 for mostly having single player experiences, yet you prefer the xbox when it comes to that category.

Well my favourite single player games of all time that are on consoles are: Oblivion, Bully, Alan Wake, Fable 2 (not got fable 3 yet lol shut it), Dragon Age and Mass Effect 1

Bully, Alan Wake, Fable and Mass Effect are not on ps3. It's not a matter of what I can and can't play. Tbh the only single player ps3 game I really like (that isnt a multiplat) is Heavy Rain and ones I reckon I'd like are Demon Souls.. that's it really. :S

Just my opinion Razz
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:02 am

Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

Well my favourite single player games of all time that are on consoles are: Oblivion, Bully, Alan Wake, Fable 2 (not got fable 3 yet lol shut it), Dragon Age and Mass Effect 1

Bully, Alan Wake, Fable and Mass Effect are not on ps3. It's not a matter of what I can and can't play. Tbh the only single player ps3 game I really like (that isnt a multiplat) is Heavy Rain and ones I reckon I'd like are Demon Souls.. that's it really. :S

Just my opinion Razz

Seriously? You need to play more PS3 games, man.

Uncharted 2 offers an amazing single player experience.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Offline multiplayer? Am I in 2001 again?

PC > Wii > PS3 > 360

In general. Only reason Wii is 2nd is because of how damn good SMG is. Still haven't finished Demon's Souls or Uncharted 2. Or picked up LBP 1 & 2. Can't form much of an opinion on my PS3 yet.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

Just my opinion Razz

Mass Effect 2 is on PS3. I know it's inferiors, but still.

Bully is just a PS2 port with enhanced features.

Never played Fable.

Alan Wake is underrated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Right, that's why he said Mass Effect is not on PS3. He never said anything about Mass Effect 2. :/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Right, that's why he said Mass Effect is not on PS3. He never said anything about Mass Effect 2. :/

Yup. You are correcto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:54 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

Just my opinion Razz

Mass Effect 2 is on PS3. I know it's inferiors, but still.

Bully is just a PS2 port with enhanced features.

Never played Fable.

Alan Wake is underrated.

I thought ME2 was only good. Not great like ME1. I wouldn't have liked ME2 at all if there was no ME1. That's partly due to my dislike of the sci-fi genre but I could look past it because of ME1's great open environments, unique style and interesting narrative/characters. :) ME2 lacked in all of that.

So what? I played Bully to death on ps2 and did it again on Xbox 360. In fact I started it again recently to do it all over again. I've nearly got 100% completion.

Fable's great. People claim it sucks due to the ridiculous hype but it's awesome.

Alan Wake's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't think ME2 is INFERIOR. Just different. It feels more action adventure-y than ME1 and has less RPG elements.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
I don't think ME2 is INFERIOR. Just different. It feels more action adventure-y than ME1 and has less RPG elements.

Not saying it's inferior. I just didn't enjoy it that much compared to the first. I mean they even stripped down the citadel and made it boring. WTF
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 4:12 pm

I've seen a lot more delusional posts directed towards the wii since. I guess my words of wisdom didn't really ring true -___-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I bought a wii   Why I bought a wii - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I bought a wii
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3