Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?

Go down 
+10
The_Biotic_God
Mikenuge
Hydell
Pein
Jack the Spectre
Chobo
Archduke
Stoney
TheJubJub5721
Orc
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

No console war debates. Just discussion, which one looks better visually?
Personally I'm gonna go with Killzone 2. I have not played KZ2 but I was surprised by the rather MW2-esque textures in Crysis and the amount of pop-in.
Of course it's only multiplayer and a demo and I'm sure there are similar flaws in KZ2 but overall Crysis 2 was not as visually amazing as Crytek claimed.
So yeah, what looks better to you and give you reasons. This is KZ2 btw, not KZ3.

And INB4 fanboys.
A dude working with Cryengine 3 has said the ps3 and 360 version of crysis look pretty much exactly the same.
And each version has it's strengths. Look:
Quote :
Hi, I’m currently working with CE3 and one of the first things I’ve done was switching between the different config specs.
The console speccs are nowhere near the “Very High” settings of a PC.
Just activate “r_DisplayInfo” when you have switched the settings to xbox 360 or ps3. Use the map “Forest” (should be included with the sdk) and look at the stats.
Good news so far: 360&PS3 essentially look the same.

Quote :
on a given level by Crytek, on the same cameraangle ->
Very High is pushing 1640000 triangles
Xbox 360 is pushing 762000 triangles
PS3 is pushing 703000 triangles

Very High has 3462 Drawcalls
Xbox 360 has 2978 Drawcalls
PS3 has 2802 Drawcalls
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm

From what I have played, I think KZ2 had better graphics (on consoles at least).
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Mah Rig Can pluy Crysis 2 on super setting! Stoopid consolites!!!! :)

Have to see the finished version. Crysis 2 has nice animations as in the way the gun sways and what not but the pop ins and texture detail was wonky in the demo. I'm sure it will look super sexy when released.

As for KZ 2. That game is just WOAH! The lighting, shadows and overall graphical detail, especially on the guns, in the game is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm

Stoney wrote:
Mah Rig Can pluy Crysis 2 on super setting! Stoopid consolites!!!! :)

Have to see the finished version. Crysis 2 has nice animations as in the way the gun sways and what not but the pop ins and texture detail was wonky in the demo. I'm sure it will look super sexy when released.

As for KZ 2. That game is just WOAH! The lighting, shadows and overall graphical detail, especially on the guns, in the game is beautiful.

Yer.
Totally agree. But as you say, "it will look super sexy when released".
Apparently it's going to be pretty open. Moreso than Halo games. So I will be understanding if the graphics aren't killzone 2 quality.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Killzone 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Shouldn't we be comparing Crysis 2 with Killzone 3?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Killzone 2 looks better.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:24 am

crysis 2 looks better (pc wise) but killzone 2 and 3 look better (console wise)
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:46 am

I hate PC fanboys that call their computer a "rig"

This is a rig.

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? SafescanL1002_468x312

A rig this is not.

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? Stress_PC_Tower

Anyway on topic, i played Crysis 2 demo at my friends and i too was surprised at how "normal" it looked. Killzone 2 overll looks better but it also has a few areas where there is some low res textures, next time you kill a Helghast soldier look at his lower legs for example.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 am

Reviving old thread.

Why? Because IGN recently reviewed Crysis 2 and said it (the 360 version) is the best looking console game to date! That includes ps3 games too.

So it sounds as if Crysis 2 is indeed better looking than Killzone 2 but what about Killzone 3?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:54 am

Lykos wrote:
Reviving old thread.

Why? Because IGN recently reviewed Crysis 2 and said it (the 360 version) is the best looking console game to date! That includes ps3 games too.

So it sounds as if Crysis 2 is indeed better looking than Killzone 2 but what about Killzone 3?

ok Crysis 2 is the best looking game to date on the consoles according to IGN

and according to IGN MW2 is a 9.5 yeah they are complete bullshit

KZ2 & 3 are identical
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 am

Crysis 2 is looking fine on consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if it was better looking than KZ 3. I'll have to see for myself.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:08 pm

I like Crysis's visuals better. But they really aren't much different.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 am

Apparently the finished Crysis 2 looks better than the demo, but the game is still meh to me. Just way too much like COD and the online will be lolz with invisible people running around.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 pm

In terms of technical prowess Crysis 2 wins.

But I generally prefer the gritty look of Killzone 3.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

They both look blurry and shit. Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:28 am

My opinion coincides with the 30+ reviewers that said Crysis 2 is the best looking console game to date. Add to that the fact that C2 is larger and isn't on rails and I think there is a clear winner, for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 am

BioRevenant wrote:
My opinion coincides with the 30+ reviewers that said Crysis 2 is the best looking console game to date. Add to that the fact that C2 is larger and isn't on rails and I think there is a clear winner, for me anyway.

I don't think you know what on rails means...

On rails is a game like Time Crisis, not like Killzone....
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:45 am

I did not mean literally. But when compared to Crysis 2 it makes it seem that way, just one path, only way to do things, It might as well be on rails.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 am

BioRevenant wrote:
I did not mean literally. But when compared to Crysis 2 it makes it seem that way, just one path, only way to do things, It might as well be on rails.

That doesn't even....

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 am

TheUltimateDouche wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:

That doesn't even....

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore
What doesn't seem to make sense? The game is so extremely linear, in my eyes, it's just as boring as if it was on rails.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 pm

I think you mean open world. They're both linear games.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
I think you mean open world. They're both linear games.
I know, but, Kz3 is way more linear, way to linear for me to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?   Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 or Killzone 2 graphics?
Page 1 of 1