Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons   DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Well thanks for the telling us this DICE, but still not enough to buy your game.
Quote :
When one fan asked if it was true that the console versions would have “lots of stuff disabled,” Andersson admitted, “that was a bit poor choice of words, but the PC LOW & consoles obviously does not have every single quality feature PC HIGH has.” This makes sense and shouldn’t come as a surprise to many gamers. He continued to admit that “it wasn’t fully fair as the console version can’t be fully compared against the PC settings as it uses different techniques.” For example, “the shadows in the shadows in the final code are way better than PC LOW, same with animated vegetation and such.” This should hopefully clear up a few things for many console gamers and put worries to rest. On top of this, it has already been stated that the graphics on all platforms have been much improved since the Beta, especially on consoles. They will be receiving an additional HDD installation that will allow higher resolution textures to be streamed that would not otherwise be possible on the disk alone.

Andersson ended the conversation on a good note, saying “one should simply not compare console and PC settings” and that “the final console version looks great.”
http://mp1st.com/2011/10/17/battlefield-3-dice-clarifies-pc-and-console-graphical-comparisons/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons   DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Still looks great on consoles from what I've seen. Still no match for PC though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons   DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Still epic fail that they would have such a disgustingly bad beta. Put me right off.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons   DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

No point in releasing a beta if it's not even fucking beta code.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons   DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

^

This. Fucking fail of a beta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons   DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DICE Clarifies PC and Console Graphical Comparisons
Page 1 of 1