Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles Empty
PostSubject: DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles   DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:37 am

]DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles PS4orXBox720

Quote :
The console versions of Battlefield 3 will push Xbox 360 and PS3 to their technical limits, according to DICE - and the studio isn't scared by the prospect of Microsoft or Sony unveiling a new home system tomorrow.

The stunning trio of trailers for BF3 released by EA to date have wowed viewers, but many have questioned whether the gorgeous visuals can be replicated on non-PC hardware.

DICE executive producer Patrick Bach told CVG that he was confident BF would be "if not the best-looking console game this year, up there with the competition", adding that his goal was to "prove it rather than talk about it".

Bach then told us that the game was pushing both 360 and PS3 to the "absolute limit", so we asked if DICE had a watchful eye on the next generation from Sony and Microsoft - and if the lauded Frostbite 2.0 engine could cope with a new generation.

A confident Bach replied: "I don't know what the big corporations are thinking but definitely we are desperate to move on into the next generation. I think Battlefield 3 will look like a next-generation game and all the technology we're building, the whole Frostbite 2 system - the animations, audio, everything - is trying to aim for a couple of years in the future, rather than looking at what we have today.

"We are already there. If [Microsoft or Sony] were to release a new console tomorrow, the engine would scale onto that platform, because we have been looking at not only the PC technology today but also speculating what will happen tomorrow when it comes to these things. So everything from our streaming technologies [to] rendering technologies is scalable onto future platforms."

Source: CVG
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles   DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:43 am

I hope new systems come out soon too actually.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles   DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 am

It's also rumoured that Nintendo will announce a new console at E3. It's funny because on one hand you have devs complaining about the costs of making a game on current gen hardware, yet they are crying out for newer, obviously more expensive hardware. lol

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles   DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Stoney wrote:
It's also rumoured that Nintendo will announce a new console at E3. It's funny because on one hand you have devs complaining about the costs of making a game on current gen hardware, yet they are crying out for newer, obviously more expensive hardware. lol

oh the irony of developers.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles   DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 am

Stoney wrote:

The only devs that crying out for new hardware are the ones that know their games are going to sell.

Not the ones that are making games like Deadly Premonition or something else obscure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles   DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DICE Is Ready For Next-Gen Consoles
Page 1 of 1