Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" Empty
PostSubject: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:34 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321250/saints-row-4-already-in-planning-stages-is-xbox-720-the-platform/

OFF TOPIC: I still think we should have a next-gen section, just so I don't end up spamming this section with rumours upon rumours Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:11 pm

GTA is better.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321250/saints-row-4-already-in-planning-stages-is-xbox-720-the-platform/

OFF TOPIC: I still think we should have a next-gen section, just so I don't end up spamming this section with rumours upon rumours Razz

Oh yea because the Wii U subsection is just so full of traffic....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 am

Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......
:fuckthat:
GTA failed after san andreas. Saints row saved the genre.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......

I would hardly say it failed. IV got huge commercial and critical success and while the "realistic" nature may turn people off, its still one of the most relevant franchises in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:22 am

ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......

I would hardly say it failed. IV got huge commercial and critical success and while the "realistic" nature may turn people off, its still one of the most relevant franchises in gaming.
Sales =/= quality
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......

Sales =/= quality

Explain how it failed taking into consideration the amount of success it achieved.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 am

ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......

Sales =/= quality

Explain how it failed taking into consideration the amount of success it achieved.
Wow i can really tell you were an XBR mod. Razz

All the GTA's afer san andreas including the handheld ones failed to do what a sandbox game does best. Being fun. GTA 4 was waaaay to serious and barely even felt like an open world game. With saints row you can do whatever the fuck you want and customizing your character and cars and whatever you want is limitless. GTA 4 failed in being a fun sandbox game and "salez" Isn't going to make that any better.

Call of duty is a success, justin bieber is a succes. Both are considered failures to me. So does GTA.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......

Sales =/= quality

All the GTA's afer san andreas including the handheld ones failed to do what a sandbox game does best. Being fun. GTA 4 was waaaay to serious and barely even felt like an open world game. With saints row you can do whatever the fuck you want and customizing your character and cars and whatever you want is limitless. GTA 4 failed in being a fun sandbox game and "salez" Isn't going to make that any better.

Call of duty is a success, justin bieber is a succes. Both are considered failures to me. So does GTA.

I'm sorry that you can't appreciate Rockstar's narratives.
Your definition of fun seems to be base on doing whatever the fuck you want and being about to customise shit. Well in GTA IV, you can definitely do whatever the fuck you want. And if I use Assassin's Creed II as an example, it was much more limited than GTA IV in terms of "fun" elements, but its still considered an overwhelming success and a great game.

Rockstar and Saints Row are almost in completely different genres now. Rockstar games are definitely focusing much more towards narratives whereas Saints Row is all about the freedom. Nothing wrong with either approaches. But the narratives experiences are the ones that have a longer impression on people and stick around for longer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 am

ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
GTA is better.......

Sales =/= quality

I'm sorry that you can't appreciate Rockstar's narratives.
Your definition of fun seems to be base on doing whatever the fuck you want and being about to customise shit. Well in GTA IV, you can definitely do whatever the fuck you want. And if I use Assassin's Creed II as an example, it was much more limited than GTA IV in terms of "fun" elements, but its still considered an overwhelming success and a great game.

Rockstar and Saints Row are almost in completely different genres now. Rockstar games are definitely focusing much more towards narratives whereas Saints Row is all about the freedom. Nothing wrong with either approaches. But the narratives experiences are the ones that have a longer impression on people and stick around for longer.
GTA was never about narratives. San andreas never focused on narratives, neither did vice city. They focussed more about the sandbox gameplay and those are considered far more memorable then GTA 4 which i've no one ever seen saying it was the best GTA. If i want a great narrative i play L.A noire or heavy rain. If i want a fun sandbox game i expect GTA to deliver that. Saints row is now the new GTA.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:

GTA was never about narratives. San andreas never focused on narratives, neither did vice city. They focussed more about the sandbox gameplay and those are considered far more memorable then GTA 4 which i've no one ever seen saying it was the best GTA. If i want a great narrative i play L.A noire or heavy rain. If i want a fun sandbox game i expect GTA to deliver that. Saints row is now the new GTA.

Well unfortunately for you, you're going to have to decrease you're expectations for the next GTA because Rockstar is definitely taking a large focus on narrative. Good narratives can be done well in the Sandbox genre, look at Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Assassin's Creed, Fallout. It's possible for both types of games to co-exist in the same genre, doesn't mean that one is a failure. Remember, old games don't go away, new games bring new possibilities. If you want the crazinesses of GTA, San Andreas will always be there.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:12 am

Toxic, you obviously know nothing about GTA. The only GTA that the narrative took a backseat in was San Andreas. Vice City was heavy-narrative based and so was III.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 pm

I just find Saints Row to be boring. It's fun, but It's no GTA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"   Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox World - "Saints Row 4 already in planning stage, coming out for Xbox 720"
Page 1 of 1