Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360

Go down 
+2
Mecha
The Enkindler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Quote :
Whether in the form of a delayed port or a simultaneous release, you can expect this game on your Dashboard. Here's why:

1. The Versus team is hiring people with Xbox 360 credits
You can't argue with job listings, not when they quite clearly ask for experience on "an Xbox 360 package title". Thanks, Kotaku.

2. They'll sell more copies that way
Add two lots of 40-odd million players together, and you'll get more than 40-odd million players. Can't argue with maths either.

3. They'd sell more DLC that way
Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be the first Final Fantasy to get downloadable post-release content, including new enemies, weapons and costumes. There's no way that genie's going back in the bottle. Versus XIII will have DLC, then, and Xbox Live is the biggest digital platform on console. Join the dots.

4. Xbox 360 players are steeped in the Final Fantasy XIII universe
Close to two million Xbox 360 owners are now intimately acquainted with the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon, and there's another helping of shiny-coated fantasy brouhaha on the way to their living rooms. If Square Enix is serious about turning the thirteenth Final Fantasy into a decent sub-franchise, fencing off the next home format release makes no sense whatsoever. Versus XIII is, to be fair, a unique story, but it's set in the same universe. Expect more Crystals.

5. Crystal Tools is a multiplatform engine
Why go to all the trouble of making your fancy company-wide 3D technology compatible with several consoles if you're not going to develop multiplatform games?

6. Sony won't pay up to keep it exclusive
All's quiet on the next generation front, but you can bet your bottom [insert currency of preference here] that manufacturers are engaged in a hidden war over third party affections. What cash Sony has left after the expense of PS3's early period is probably set aside for the next-gen exclusivity throwdown. We doubt they're all that bothered about current gen's latecomers, proven mega-sellers like Call of Duty and Battlefield excepted.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/34236/features/six-reasons-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-coming-to-xbox-360/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:49 pm

DLCs? No wonder FFXIII-2 will only use one disc on Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:01 pm

lmao FFvs13 won't sell more on 360. This is nonsense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:11 pm

FFversus coming to the 360? Yes
Outselling ps3 version? :what:
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Now I know where MLD get's his stupidity from.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 pm

LMAO Are you guys serious? The game doesn't exist yet as far as I can tell. It's been announced for 5 years and they've just now started going into full development.

If you ask me, yes I do think this game will be on the 360. Why? So that they can use the 360's limitations as an excuse to why it will be fail.

In all seriousness. This won't be a 360 title. This won't be a Ps3 title. It'll most likely be an early PS4/Nextbox title.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:29 pm

^^

Actually, Nomura already said that he recently walked through the entire game. Just entered full development my ass.

2, 4, 5, and 6 are stupid points, though. Of course, it still can go multiplatform. Just hope it's quality.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:44 pm

^

1. True statement is true

2. Half the people on this thread don't know how to read. It doesn't say that a potential 360 version will outsell the Ps3 version, it says the game in general would sell better if it was on the PS3 AND 360 as opposed to being exclusive to just one platform....Meaning more platforms= more sales...True statement is true.

3. True statement is true. Since when was money not a factor for games going multiplatform?

4. True statement is true.

5. I don't see how you think this is stupid. Crystal tools IS a multiplatform engine. Why would they invest time and resources making it compatible with the 360 if they weren't planning to make their future games multiplatform?

6. Debatable point. Sony is starting to pay up for more and more 3rd party exclusivity. I doubt Sony isn't trying to keep Versus exclusive, but I also doubt they can persuade Square to either.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

2. Went by the comments.

3. Never said anything about it.

4. 360 players aren't that into the FFXIII story.... How many did FFXIII sell on 360?

5. Crystal Tools and the Luminous engine can be used for games other than Versus? Square Enix makes tons of games other than Versus.

6. Yeah.

What about that trailer like 4 months ago that said ''PS3 Only Worldwide."
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm

^^

4. It says in the article that you so failed to read. Nearly 2 million copies.

5. That's not the point. Logically if you make your game engine multiplatform you would want it to be used on as many platforms as possible, unless ofcourse some company is willing to pay millions to keep it exclusive. If it's not impractical to release a 360 version, then why not do so?

Seriously people, there was even less of a chance for ME2 to turn up on the PS3 yet it happened anyways. Accept reality. It's MOST LIKELY going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:55 pm

I remember when Sonji was in denial about FFvXIII going multiplatform. Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360   Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox Official Magazine: Six Reasons Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming to Xbox 360
Page 1 of 1