Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Which console is RPG king?

Go down 
+14
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
ghost23
Chobo
Archduke
Pein
NoelX2
The Enkindler
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Blixtstorm
Orc
Stigma
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

PS3
 Wii
View results
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Pein wrote:
dont freaking tell me you have beaten yunalesca and braska's final aeon in first try..not to mention the other bosses that appear in the game..ffx isn't easy nor extremely hard.its right in the middle and thats why its awesome

Beat both those fucker's on my first try. Yunalesca was hard, but not that hard, Braska was pretty easy though. If you want to play a challenging game try SMT Nocturne.

Most people would agree with me.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/569/t77150-ffx-boss-difficulty/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 pm

360 has more JRPGs and WRPGs, so I guess it wins (even though 90% of its WRPG library is absolute garbage).
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 pm

360. Lost Odyssey. Flawless victory.

Nobody can top the original Final Fantasy creator. Well...nobody seems to be trying. Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:42 pm

/thread.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:38 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
dont freaking tell me you have beaten yunalesca and braska's final aeon in first try..not to mention the other bosses that appear in the game..ffx isn't easy nor extremely hard.its right in the middle and thats why its awesome

Beat both those fucker's on my first try. Yunalesca was hard, but not that hard, Braska was pretty easy though. If you want to play a challenging game try SMT Nocturne.

So yall judge how good an RPG is by its difficulty?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:45 pm

igame wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

So yall judge how good an RPG is by its difficulty?

Sort of, FFX is too easy unless you rush it and you can't pick a difficulty setting. Persona 3 FES on the other hand has an easy, normal, and hard mode. However the main reason I think P3F is better than FFX is cause of the social links you can do and because it has more sophisticated combat.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:16 pm

What about HANDHELDS?
Ipod Touch, DS or PSP?

Personally I'd go with psp.
Ds probably has more overall but it hasn't got much variation in gameplay. Most ds rpgs play the same.

Psp has:
CRISIS CORE (one of my favourite games ever. One of the few decent jrpgs Ive ever played)
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Crisiscore6

Breath Of Fire 3
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 2006-05-25-12-breath_of_fire_III2

Brave Story
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 3

Dungeon Seige
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 153

Untold Legends
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Untold-legends-brotherhood-of-the-blade-20050108100123716_640w

MONSTER HUNTER
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 First-look-monster-hunter-3-20071010082255737

Jeane D'Arc
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Jeanne_d_arc_05

Star Ocean
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Imgstar%20ocean:%20first%20departure4

Hexyz Force
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Hexyz-force-playstation-portable-psp-061

Tales of the world
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Tales%20of%20the%20World_bat118--screenshot_large

Lunar silver star harmony
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 162598-1-screenshot

AND MOOAARRR
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Lykos wrote:
What about HANDHELDS?
Ipod Touch, DS or PSP?

Personally I'd go with psp.
Ds probably has more overall but it hasn't got much variation in gameplay. Most ds rpgs play the same.

Psp has:
CRISIS CORE (one of my favourite games ever. One of the few decent jrpgs Ive ever played)
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Crisiscore6

Breath Of Fire 3
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 2006-05-25-12-breath_of_fire_III2

Brave Story
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 3

Dungeon Seige
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 153

Untold Legends
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Untold-legends-brotherhood-of-the-blade-20050108100123716_640w

MONSTER HUNTER
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 First-look-monster-hunter-3-20071010082255737

Jeane D'Arc
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Jeanne_d_arc_05

Star Ocean
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Imgstar%20ocean:%20first%20departure4

Hexyz Force
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Hexyz-force-playstation-portable-psp-061

Tales of the world
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Tales%20of%20the%20World_bat118--screenshot_large

Lunar silver star harmony
Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 162598-1-screenshot

AND MOOAARRR

you should include kingdom hearts birth by sleep..best rpg on any handheld system in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Ipod touch sucks compared to everything and the DS is better than the PSP, especially for RPGs. I'd go into detail but then Reaper would lock this thread probably.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Lol, 360 actually won?  The only real edge 360 has is Blue Dragon, aside from that it doesn't even compare.  

And there's no way the DS was ever better than the PSP.  It has a very good library, but it can't compete against Lunar and Jeanne d'Arc.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:33 pm

360?

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Batman12

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 37344510

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 29079410

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Batman11

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Dcom4610

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 Nbsxfm10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:40 pm

360 actually has a surprising amount of exclusive JRPG's. Like Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia (though it's on PS3 in Japan), Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Magna Carta 2, and a few others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:42 pm

I can import Tales of Vesperia for PS3 EASILY. Where as Xbox 360 games aren't region-free.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:52 pm

lmao @ me from almost 4 years ago

I'd have to go with PS3.

Mecha wrote:
I can import Tales of Vesperia for PS3 EASILY. Where as Xbox 360 games aren't region-free.

lmfao good luck going through the Japanese text and voice-overs understanding wtf's going on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:58 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

I'd have to go with PS3.

Mecha wrote:

lmfao good luck going through the Japanese text and voice-overs understanding wtf's going on.

There are English Patches all over the internet that you can download and put into your imported PS3 version of the game.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Archduke wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

I'd have to go with PS3.

Mecha wrote:

There are English Patches all over the internet that you can download and put into your imported PS3 version of the game.

ooh I didn't know that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 pm

I love how the votes quickly grew for the PS3 after the thread's revival. Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:09 pm

@ Mecha, I can't vote in this thread. Sad :ultracry:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 pm

@Duke Maybe because you already voted?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Duke Maybe because you already voted?

Sadly, I did. A long time ago. I don't even remember this thread existing on the forums at all, lol.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
I love how the votes quickly grew for the PS3 after the thread's revival. Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 725796345

The poll is on the Portal now too, so any guests who come by can vote as well.  But yeah, it's interesting to note just how much this place has changed.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Yeah, we had mostly Xbox Republic members when this forum was first created. But now it seems people here prefer the PlayStation a bit more than the Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2