Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which console is RPG king?

Go down 
+14
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
ghost23
Chobo
Archduke
Pein
NoelX2
The Enkindler
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Blixtstorm
Orc
Stigma
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

PS3
 Wii
View results
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Which console is RPG king? Empty
PostSubject: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:04 am

PC/DS/PSP aside because we all know the DS wins, which current gen console is the best for RPGs?

The best RPG games for each system I think are

360 -
Mass Effect 1
Fable II and III
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Magna Carta 2

PS3 -
Demon's Souls
White Knight Chronicles
Folklore
Disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Atelier Rorona: The Alcemist of Arland

Wii -
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Rune Factory: Frontier
Monster Hunter 3
Arc Rise Fantasia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

The problem I see here is that, I was being pretty generous with the Wii list, although it's got some good RPGs, the PS3 and 360 are better for them. Of that list I think Mass Effect 1 and Demon's Souls are the best while Fable III takes a close second. I personally think that outside of Demon's Souls the PS3 really doesn't have much to offer. Valkyrie Chronicles is good, but the rest are just okay imo. Another reason I like the 360 better is because of multiplats like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Bioshock run better on the 360 and get the DLC first, and the Mass Effect franchise will always be better on the 360.

However, the Wii has The Last Story which looks VERY promising and the PS3 will get Versus one day (if it stays exclusive) while I haven't heard of any RPGs the 360 is getting other than Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga. It's got the Atlus label on it which means it's probably gonna be good, but to be honest to me it just looks like it's a quick cash in PC port. But it did get some good reviews for the PC so that's something.

But as of know the 360 gets my vote, what about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 am

Yeah I say 360 as well but if you live in Japan there are probably a lot more RPGs for ps3 available which were never releases to western countries.
But from my perspective I think it's xbox. For Fable and Mass Effect 1.
I've not really played much of the others but yeah, those are some of the best RPGs i've played. But Oblivion alone makes ps3 and 360 both win over wii. But yeah, last story will be epic and come on, although LOZ isn't an rpg it still deserves a mention!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:08 am

Neither of them.

The king of RPG is the PC.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Neither of them.

The king of RPG is the PC.

He said which console. Although the Witcher 2 looks fucking ace. Be nice if it got ported to PS3/360.

Anyway's, I'm not a fan of JRPG's anymore and the only RPG's I've played this gen are Lost Oddysey, according to some people I did'nt give it time, because I thought it was extremely boring, but it supposedly picks up 4-5 hours in. Then there is Mass Effect, without a doubt the best RPG/Action game hybrid I've ever played, along with Mass Effect 2 although that is more action game with a few RPG elements, ME 3 fix this. And then Fable II and III, I liked II but it was kinda meh, but III, now that game is amazing, loved everything about it except the best part is over to quick, that being when you become King.

360 probably doesn't hve the best RPG's out of all consoles but the PS3 has no WRPG's so and I don't have a Wii so I guess the 360 wins for me. Which console is RPG king? 3128676713
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 am

I'd say 360. For sure.

But if you include PC, then it rapes all of them.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 am

None of them IMO
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 am

But if it would have to be a console that would take it... I guess the 360, since it has more WRPG, or real RPG's I love you
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:35 pm

None of them.
SNES or PS1 for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 pm

for this generation..the 360 seems it has most rpgs..but i think ps2 has the best rpgs of any console..you can't beat final fantasy 10..
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Pein wrote:
for this generation..the 360 seems it has most rpgs..but i think ps2 has the best rpgs of any console..you can't beat final fantasy 10..

Final Fantasy XII, Persona, SMT, and Digital Devil top Final Fantasy X any day.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:54 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
None of them.
SNES or PS1 for me.

out....of...this....list....
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:39 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
None of them.
SNES or PS1 for me.

What's really funny about that is that...

Quote :
PC/DS/PSP aside because we all know the DS wins, which current gen console is the best for RPGs?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm

PC takes a shit on all of these consoles in RPG's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Which console is RPG king? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:08 pm

all the consoles are about equal in terms of RPGs . But PC shits on the consoles in terms of RPGs.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 pm

360. I really dislike JRPG's and 360's offering of WRPG's appeals to me more.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:53 pm

360 for sure.

ME1 is the best western RPG IMO. And the ME trilogy will never feel the same without the first game backing it.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
None of them.
SNES or PS1 for me.

Quote :
I wasnt talking bout this gen. I was talking bout all time. And besides...I said...
None of them.

That was my answer for the current gens.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:44 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

ffxii is better than ffx? ROFL..persona isn't that good as people say..shingi megami tensei is okay and digital devil is indeed awesome but no where near as ffx..ask anyone.. a lot of people will say ffx is the best rpg on the ps2 and the reviews are pretty high
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:04 am

NoelX2 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
None of them.
SNES or PS1 for me.

Quote :
I wasnt talking bout this gen. I was talking bout all time. And besides...I said...
None of them.

This thread wasn't about all time :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

ffxii is better than ffx? ROFL..persona isn't that good as people say..shingi megami tensei is okay and digital devil is indeed awesome but no where near as ffx..ask anyone.. a lot of people will say ffx is the best rpg on the ps2 and the reviews are pretty high

FFXII and Digital Devil being better are just my opinion, but as far as SMT and Persona go...A lot of people will say that FFX is the best RPG on PS2 for 2 reasons only 1. They have never played Persona or SMT. FF is a multi-million selling franchise when SMT or Persona don't even break a million...2. Atlus games are actually challenging. FFX is hilariously easy compared to Persona 3.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:58 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
None of them.
SNES or PS1 for me.

Quote :
None of them.

This thread wasn't about all time :scratch:
Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:33 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

FFXII and Digital Devil being better are just my opinion, but as far as SMT and Persona go...A lot of people will say that FFX is the best RPG on PS2 for 2 reasons only 1. They have never played Persona or SMT. FF is a multi-million selling franchise when SMT or Persona don't even break a million...2. Atlus games are actually challenging. FFX is hilariously easy compared to Persona 3.

there's a reason why ff is a multi-million selling franchise..ffx isn't really easy at all.there are boss battles that can be difficult,as for persona 3..yes the game is challenging.i don't remember if i played persona 4 or persona 3 but i know that persona games are challenging,but still ffx has better story,characters and gameplay..thats why its the best rpg on ps2
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

there's a reason why ff is a multi-million selling franchise..ffx isn't really easy at all.there are boss battles that can be difficult,as for persona 3..yes the game is challenging.i don't remember if i played persona 4 or persona 3 but i know that persona games are challenging,but still ffx has better story,characters and gameplay..thats why its the best rpg on ps2

The very best RPG on the PS2 is Persona 3 FES. P3F had more than story, gameplay, and characters going for it. It was the most innovative RPG on the market and had a very unique and excellent soundtrack. Hell RPGfan.com agrees with me.
http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Best_of_6th_Gen/index.html

Funny thing is that Persona 3 was a budget game and it topped a game with a budget of more than 32 million. And FFX is not difficult, I easily beat the game when I was 12, and then when I played P3F 4 years later I actually had to use something called "strategy".
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

The very best RPG on the PS2 is Persona 3 FES. P3F had more than story, gameplay, and characters going for it. It was the most innovative RPG on the market and had a very unique and excellent soundtrack. Hell RPGfan.com agrees with me.

Funny thing is that Persona 3 was a budget game and it topped a game with a budget of more than 32 million. And FFX is not difficult, I easily beat the game when I was 12, and then when I played P3F 4 years later I actually had to use something called "strategy".

Bullshit. FFX was hard.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pein wrote:

dont freaking tell me you have beaten yunalesca and braska's final aeon in first try..not to mention the other bosses that appear in the game..ffx isn't easy nor extremely hard.its right in the middle and thats why its awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which console is RPG king?   Which console is RPG king? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next